“Not What I Expected”
Review of Heidi's Inn

Heidi's Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brewster
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I recently went to Brewster to visit family. My family and I decided to stay at Heidi's because it was very close to my family. The photo's online made it look somewhat nice. When we arrived the room was musty and my parent's room smelled like smoke. Our comforter had stains all over it. There were only 2 towels in the bathroom. It was just old and needed a face lift pronto. We checked out the next day and went to a chain hotel a few miles down the road.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank StephanieC141
s d, Owner at Heidi's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2012

Thank you for your review Stephanie. I am truly sorry for your bad experience. The rooms you checked into are non smoking. It is unfortunate for us that a previous guest smoked in the room.

I am behind on renovating a few of our rooms. Renovations will continue this fall including new carpeting.

I am doing the best I can to bring this old beautiful property back to life, it will take some time.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

It is very close to major highways which makes it a quick getaway to either the city or wherever else your travels may take you. The staff are very courteous and try to help you each and every time. It is a motel so noise will be heard from other guests, but that happens everywhere and anywhere no matter the price you pay. It was quiet and I got a good night's rest. Although, as the old saying goes "you get what you pay for" is true, it was well within my budget compared to other hotels nearby. If I had more money to spend, I'd still be happy that I got a good deal and wouldn't go to another place would charge an arm and a leg more. Plus, the pool is nice and is a great place for a tanner like me to get the prime spot for sun.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Maria S
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We checked in but checked right back out. Mildewy smell; everything very dated, we could hear everything in the room next door. The owner seemed like he really wanted to make it right but it's just too run down. We just could not stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Karen S
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Needed lodging to attend wake and funeral in Brewster. The staff made us feel very comfortable on this very sad occasion. Went out of their way to accommodate us. The room was more than ample and the bathroom was pristine!

Room Tip: Quaint and clean. I'm sure all the rooms are comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Louise H
s d, Owner at Heidi's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion. It was our pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Chose Heidi's based on cost and proximity, but received much more. Nice clean older style rooms, had a full kitchen, and enough cable to keep all happy.
Beautiful grounds to walk and close to 84, 684 and Ct, locally found good food.
Overall, best deal in the area.
Thanks Heidi's

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank m b
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I traveled to NY to visit my old hometown and that town did not have a hotel and the closest hotel was Heidi's so I booked it for a week, not knowing what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised. The grounds were lovely, the staff was very friendly, and the room had every amenity I could wish for. Also, it is very quiet and I got a good nite's sleep every nite. I am definitely going back!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Michel B
Reviewed 15 June 2012

My husband and I unexectedly needed to add to our visit with our family in the area. We were staying at one of the chains in Danbury CT - but to add an extra night at the last minute the rate nearly doubled the advanced Internet rate we initially paid. So we decided to give Heidi's a try. They only had rooms with 2 doubles left. The rate was $70 which was significantly less than the options in Danbury.

The good: clean room, friendly staff, coffee and a muffin in the AM, Direct TV.

The not so good: Very dated furnishings - the bedspread & carpet could have been 30 years old. The furniture seemed even older with a lamp that flickered on and off when you walk by. The AC could be described as "temperamental".

It's a motel - so all the rooms open up right to the parking lot. The doors did not have peep holes so there'd be no way to see who's on the other side. As a woman - not sure if I would feel safe if I was staying by myself.

For one night and for the price it was worth it. For a longer stay - I'd do more research to see what other options fit our budget.

• Stayed: July 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewster
Hilton Garden Inn Danbury
La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury
Hampton Inn Danbury
Hampton Inn Danbury
#3 of 15 in Danbury

Been to Heidi's Inn? Share your experiences!