“A mixed review, some good things some not so good”
Review of Heidi's Inn

Heidi's Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brewster
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I read all of the reviews and wanted to love this motel, Check in was easy and very friendly. The lobby looked clean and inviting.
However the room we were given smelled musty and possibly of smoke ( I have asthma so am sensitive to this) ,there were holes in the door and in general it was not a nice room. I went to the desk to make sure we were given a non-smoking room and she said that we were. I left the lobby with the thought that we might have to leave. But when back in the room the nice women in the lobby called and said that she spoke with the owner and was told they would give us a larger double room at no extra charge, she apologized for the inconvenience. The second room was brighter and nicer, there was still a slight musty smell but realize that it is due to the carpets being older, I think they should be removed. the bathroom, sheets and everything else in this room was very clean. the pool was too cold for my husband and daughter but it is an outdoor pool so understandable. The breakfast was no frills but decent. The Mexican restaurant next door was fabulous! All staff very friendly. If I found out the carpets where replaced with new carpets I would stay there again as it is convenient to many things we do in the area.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a front porch sitting area and not to close to the road as there is traffic
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank lizzystick
s d, Owner at Heidi's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review Heidi's Inn. The room that you stayed in has new carpet and padding installed less than four months ago. I hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

All we wanted was a basic place to sleep near where a friend lives, but Heidi's Inn is much more than that. It's spread out on a large beautifully landscaped site, with picnic tables, a ping-pong table, an outdoor pool, and flower-lined paths and steps. Our room was huge, clean, and luxurious; it felt more like a well-appointed summer cottage than a motel room. The lobby in the main building is part sunroom with tables, and part stone fireplace with sofas in front. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The next morning we skipped the offered breakfast, in favour of going a mile north on 22 to the family-style Seven Stars restaurant. Altogether, the whole experience was a very pleasant highlight of our trip. If we're ever in the area again, we'll definitely go back to Heidi's.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I travel to Westchester, NY several times a year, specifically Yorktown, and I was looking for a motel or hotel there and there are none. The closest one I could find was in Brewster, NY. I saw Heidi's on the Internet and saw another motel in Brewster on the Internet but Heidi's looked nicer, so I decided to check out Heidi's. Much to my delight, Heidi's was delightful. Brewster is not too far from Yorktown and that is where I stay every time I go to Westchester, NY. I am quite comfortable there and the price is right, too.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Our car broke down at night along I-84 and we were towed to the nearest hotel/motel, which happened to be Heidi's Inn. The person on duty was super helpful and accommodating, and made us feel very welcome. The rooms were nice, much nicer than typical motel rooms. The breakfast was a bit lacking, but the kids enjoyed the pool and all-in-all it was a very pleasant stay. The folks at Heidi's really came through for us when we needed it the most.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Amatitlania
Reviewed 24 July 2013

A very nice motel on the side of the highway. It is clean, affordable, and convenient. However, what takes this place from a solid 4 stars to a perfect 5 is the customer service. The employees are very nice and considerate. I left some of my things in my room after checking out and I got a call the next day. They worked with me to arrange a solution and my things were shipped to me very quickly when they would have been stolen in other motels. Next time I'm in this area, I will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Anne S
s d, Owner at Heidi's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at Heidi's. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

Very convenient location. Very clean. With a friendly and accommodating staff. Great price for a king bed with a full kitchen. Close to the lake, shopping, and Interstate 84. We have stayed at Heidi's several times with nothing but goods things to say about them.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Our nine days at Heidi's Inn were lovely. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The grounds beautiful including a barbecue, picnic tables with umbrellas, and a ping pong table. The well maintained swimming pool was a life saver as we hosted our twin seven year old granddaughters while their parents took care of moving to their new house.

Room #32 in the back was large with comfortable beds, a sofa, coffee table (wonderful for playing games with our granddaughters) and desk, separate vanity area, full bath, and a kitchen which we used only for breakfasts. The kitchen, which we were told "had everything needed", sadly had few pots and pans, their non-stick surfaces long since scoured away, only one lid, and no pot holders, cutting board, or knife sharpener. This was the only hiccup in our stay, and we will be returning every time to Heidi’s Inn when we visit the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
s d, Owner at Heidi's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review Heidi's. Your opinion means a lot to us. We hope to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewster
Crowne Plaza Danbury
Ethan Allen Hotel
#2 of 15 in Danbury
La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury
Hotel Zero Degrees Danbury

Been to Heidi's Inn? Share your experiences!