“An acceptable, affordable place to stay”
Review of Heidi's Inn

Heidi's Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brewster
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Employees were friendly and helpful. The suite we stayed in had 2 double beds, a stove, refrigerator, no coffee maker that we could find (we brought our own), but they had a tea kettle for the stove and a teapot (quite unusual to find) and a microwave on top of a full size fridge, quite the stretch for me! The kitchen area was stocked with dishes and utensils, dish soap and drainer, also had a small kitchen table and 2 chairs. All was fine, including the closet until you reach the bathroom which could use some updating from the itty, bitty pink tiles, frosted window at ground level and peeling ceiling paint to the little drip left after the shower was over. That not withstanding, we'd stay there again for 4 nights @ $87/nt, since it is close to our daughter, son-in-law and new grandson. The continental breakfast was just that...serviceable with oatmeal, cold cereal, coffee, tea, milk, oj, toast, butter and jelly. What more do you need to start your day?

Room Tip: We stayed at the top of the hill in the middle of a bad snowstorm and still got up the hill in our m...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CindyLouAkron_OH
s d, Owner at Heidi's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

I truly appreciate you taking the time to review Heidi's. I am very sorry for the issues that you experienced during your stay. All guest room bathrooms are being painted and refreshed this month. Our kitchen rooms do come with coffee makers. I have replaced the missing coffee maker from the room that you stayed in. If you find something missing our out of place during your stay please let us know.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I just took another trip to Westchester, NY to visit my son. I live in Texas and this was my 4th trip up there this year and I headed for my favorite place to stay, Heidi's Inn. My son lives in Brooklyn and I really do not care for NYC and prefer the sites of Westchester and luckily found Heidi's a couple of years ago. I stay there and when I want to see my son, I take the Metro North train in to the city. Heidi's is clean and comfortable, has Wi-Fi and cable TV. They also have continental breakfast in the mornings for their patrons.I plan to keep going back again and again!
Also, the price is right, too!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Michel B
s d, Owner at Heidi's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Heidi's. We appreciate your opinion and love having you
as our guest. See you again soon.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I spent two nights at Heidi's. I had to ask for another room, as the heating fan was so loud and distracting I wouldn't have been able to sleep. The staff was pleasant and didn't charge me a few extra dollars for the 2nd room, which I appreciated .Everyone was friendly and accommodating, but there were no directions on how to work the TV, and I had to call the front desk. It took about a half hour for someone to call me back. The rooms were clean enough and the bed comfortable, but I noticed that the paint was peeling in the bathroom. The grounds were lovely, but breakfast consisted of a box of cereal and pasteurized OJ. I would rather they gave me a little off the room instead. I would stay there again if needed, but I can't say I would rave about it.

2  Thank nbi0118
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I really enjoy my time at Heidi's Inn the hospitality was world class keep up the good work. Such a great place the accommodations were neat and clean and the proprietor went out of his way to welcome me and provide very helpful. Breakfast was excellent with a good choice and all the staff we met were very pleasant I will definitely stay again when I am headed in that direction.the staff was helpful and very proficient.Great location, in a nice residential area but only 2 blocks from the Main Street Excellent staff with fabulous knowledge on the city and always happy to look things up for you. Clean comfortable rooms, what more can you ask for .

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alex J
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Years ago my darling wife, myself and our little puppy stumbled onto Heidi's Inn. Ingrid, the owner of this wonderful place, greeted us like family. She picked the room and what a wonderful first stay we had. We were to return to Heidi's many times during the next four years. The cost of our room was always the same and we were never charged a pet fee. Ingrid is one of those special people who created her Inn with charm, personality, warmth, passion, compassion and friendship. Even the staff was special.

Spending 40 years in the military, I had the opportunity to stay at hundreds of motels and hotels throughout the world. But Heidi's was special and Heidi's was a true sanctuary. A few years ago I wrote a wonderful review and called this place a 5 star motel with a 1 star price. This would be one of three reviews I have written.

My last visit to Heidi's was in late September 2013. Something was very wrong. I could feel the coldness and indifference. Ingrid's son had recently taken over the place and the changes were obvious. In my opinion, this individual is very much unlike his mother. Since he started charging pet fees, his new pet website seemed vague and very misleading, and to my shock my pet fee turned out to be an added cost of $30.00 per night. My concerns fell on deaf ears. Although I had made advanced reservtations, upon my arrival I was advised that my favorite room (with kingsize bed) was taken and I was given Room 7 which contained two double beds. Because their two bed rooms cost $30.00 more per night and I was going to be charged at this much higher rate (as a widower I only needed one bed), I vigorously objected to the added charges. As it turned out this room was in very poor condition. The window was crudely nailed shut, the AC did not work, there was mold in the shower, and the peeling paint in the bathroom made for a very unpleasant visit.

In a subsequent phone call, Ingrid's son was not interested in discussing my concerns and he told me that because I was considering an update to my previous Trip Advisor review, I was being placed on his do not rent list. This turned out to be blessing, since the Aug-Oct Hotel Green Guide (free at all interstate rest stops) lists more that two dozen motels on the I84 corridor between Brewster NY and Hartford CT. The per night cost for the vast majority of each hotel/motel (to include the Hilton and Crowne Plaza) was significantly cheaper than Heidi's and the seven motels who advertized and welcomed pets, their fees were also significantly cheaper (average cost was $15.85 per night vice the $30.00 Heidi's Inn charges).

This is the first negative review I have ever written and it is a shame that this once magnificent facilitly has gone from a 5 star motel with a 1 star price to a 1 star motel with a 5 star price. And in my opinion, it's a shame that one person who apparently has focused his efforts to upgrade the physical aspects of the Inn could so easily turn his back on repeat customers who looked forward to their many future visits to Heidi's Inn.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
8  Thank BobandAnn
s d, Owner at Heidi's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

We have a do not rent list to maintain standards.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stopped here for a night while on my way upstate. Such a great place! My room was really clean, smelled nice. I had my dog with me, that they charged a fee for. But the property is really beautiful and everyone was so nice. I will definitely stay again when I am headed in that direction.

1  Thank Dee S
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I recently stayed overnight at Heidi's Inn on my bicycle ride north to Albany up Route 22. The accommodations were neat and clean and the proprietor went out of his way to welcome me and provide very helpful guidance for the rest of my ride. For my return trip south, he recommended a bike path built on an old railroad line than runs from Brewster all the way down to the Bronx. On my way back to Long Island, I took his advice and had a wonderful ride through Putnam and Westchester Counties. I would have missed this completely if I had not stayed at the Heidi Inn. During the prior year, I stayed at a competing motel -- the Bel Aire Motor Inn -- and had a very uncomfortable stay. If you plan to stay overnight in Brewster, I highly recommend the Heidi Inn. Friendly, neat and clean.

2  Thank Peter V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewster
Crowne Plaza Danbury
Ethan Allen Hotel
#2 of 15 in Danbury
La Quinta Inn & Suites Danbury
Hotel Zero Degrees Danbury

Been to Heidi's Inn? Share your experiences!