“Disappointed”

The Bridgehampton Inn & Restaurant
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I spent a weekend at this Inn and I can honestly say it is not worth spending $400 a night on this place. I understand that during the high season, there are more people than rooms available and so they charge what they do because they can, but that doesn't make paying the bill after a weekend there any less hard to swallow. The rooms are an okay size, but with double beds they don't comfortably sleep two. The breakfast is good, but for what they charge it should be. The service, when there was some was also good. When I arrived in the middle of the afternoon, the door was locked so I rang the bell... no answer. I called the phone... no answer. Not a great way to start off the stay after traveling a few hours to get there. On my last morning before check-out, I arrived back to my room to find a tip envelope on a table. In all my years of extensive travel around the world, this has never happened to me. To charge ridiculously high rates is one thing, but to to so and then obligate your guests to tip the staff in such an in your face way is beyond tacky. I had planned on leaving something anyway, but really resented this. The rooms are charmingly decorated and clean, but the tip envelope just annoyed me to the point that I won't be going back. It's just tacky... and for $400 a night for a small, non-luxury room it is insulting.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank mls1976

Reviewed 1 September 2011

My husband and I were visiting from Australia, and although based in Manhasset, had previously planned to take a 2 night stay in Bridgehampton.
We were so pleased we chose the Bridgehampton Inn, for a number of reasons. Cerene could not have been more helpful, and our room was lovely not to mention comfortable. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud! Breakfast both mornings was delightful.
Location was critical as we did not have a vehicle, and we had an easy walk to the restaurants.
We also took a day trip to Sag Harbor and picking up a bus was no problem at all.
Slightly on the pricey side but it is The Hamptons! Highly recommended for couples.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank PamelaOs
Reviewed 1 August 2010

My mom and I stayed here for a night and had the best time!! The Inn is perfectly located right on the Main street so that we could walk to the shops, dinner, and a cute little wine bar. Our room was adorable and spotlessly clean! The bathroom was nice and seemed newly renovated.We slept well and found the Inn to be very quiet and peaceful. Breakfast in the morning was amazing - WARM muffins and scones, eggs, ham, coffee - lovely! I would definitely go back to Bridgehampton Inn and would recommend it to others!

• Stayed: July 2010
2  Thank travelbug24NY
Reviewed 8 July 2010

When you go ask for room three it is on the front so if light sleeper you will need onein the back . The room have a fire place in it and very large bath. Cerene is there allthe time she will make shore you are happy at all time , her breakfast is out of this world try her french toast it is to die for . If you have time try one of the cooking class

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank justhampton
Reviewed 22 June 2010

The traffic outside never stops (especially trucks).
The bed in their "best" room had for matress only ...the boxspring. Very hard to sleep on.
However theplace was clean.
The grounds were pretty but badly needed upkeep.
The breakfast was the best part.
The receptionist was very helpful, but the owners had better things to do. Their focus is on their retail store.
Too expensive for the noise and the matress

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank evangelins
bridgehampton, Manager at The Bridgehampton Inn & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2010

In keeping with our mission of providing impeccable accommodations and attentive service, we make every effort to quickly respond to our guests' needs. Furthermore, we appreciate guest feedback regarding anything we can do to improve their experience

Reviewed 4 August 2009

enjoyedd tremendously , very welcoming and fabuloues breakfast . The room was very clean . My children put it best the best place every

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2009

The Bridgehampton Inn may have been at its peak several years ago when most of the reviews that you will find online were written. This inn (a generous description - I would go with small B&B) now seems shabby. The whole house smells musty. Often, there is no one at the front desk (we couldn't find anyone to check us out even though we were there right at check out time). The so-called gourmet breakfast was served with stale toast and was just plain eggs with nothing special about them. Our room was a good size, but certainly not worth what we paid for it. The pillows were cheap foam (not down), the mattress was uncomfortable and the sheets were clearly inexpensive. While there was a TV, I was surprised that it was not a flat screen and was an old and tiny tube TV. The bathroom did have a nice rainfall showerhead, but the shower enclosure looked cheap and it was filled with ceramic tile. The towels with scratchy and thin. Lastly, I saw a number of bugs crawling around the bathroom. Not what one would expect at a $400+ a night inn!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
5  Thank aes37_79
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgehampton
Baron's Cove
#1 of 2 in Wainscott
The 1770 House
The 1770 House
#4 of 11 in East Hampton

Been to The Bridgehampton Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!