“Great hotel for a weekend getaway; but hope your neighbour doesn't make a lot of noise.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue

Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brighton
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

Overall, my stay at this hotel was very good and it was perfect for a weekend stay in Rochester. The room was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, the breakfast display and the food was very good with lots of selection, the location was convenient and easy to find, and the price was quite reasonable. My only critique of this hotel was that the walls seemed to be paper thin. I could hear almost every single noise from the rooms beside us (ie. from the TV, cell phone rings, conversations). Because of that, it kind of felt like I was sleeping in a dormitory vs. a hotel. Overall, it was a good hotel and I would likely stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ZigZag5
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue, responded to this review, 12 December 2012
ZigZag5,

Thank you for taking the time to give a review of your recent stay. I hope you will stay with us again on your next travel to Rochester.

Brian Ugorek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2012

We stayed on a Thursday night to go to RIT. The price was great and while not the closest to the university (it took us just over 10 minutes), it was in a convenient location, near several restaurants and many shopping options.
It is not perfect - no elevator, some light stains on the popcorn ceiling, and hot breakfast could use a little work - but all in all a reasonable value. Room was small, but it was very clean.
Nothing wrong with the staff, just not particularly enthusiastic. I really prefer a bright, upbeat person to greet me.

• Stayed December 2012
PATraveler777,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of your recent stay. I'm glad that our location and services fit your needs. I hope we will see you again on your next trip to Rochester.

Lawrenceburg, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2012

I stayed here while visiting my daughters over their fall break. My room was very nice, the bed are comfy, but the sink is outside the bathroom just to the right of the entry door. You can't really use the sink without being exposed to the world if someone leaves or enters the room. I had two issues with this hotel. We left the hotel for several hours expecting our room to be cleaned when we returned. No. I called the front desk and was told that the housekeeper were still working on the rooms. We left again and returned 3 hours later and the room had not been touched. I then asked the housekeeper directly if she was going to clean my room. She appeared at the door about 45 minutes later and asked me what I wanted her to do. Really?
We had no clean towels, the bathroom had not been cleaned, etc. It was just bizarre. I mentioned this to the manager and the next day the room was immaculate when we returned. I gave this hotel another chance before I wrote a review because the last time I stayed here I overheard the manager cursing-f bombs and all (he was in the breakfast room and didn't realize I was there). We also had trouble with the AC, but that's another story.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
Mizterrius,

Thank you for giving us a review of your recent stay. I am sorry about the confusion with the housekeeping staff we are in the process of training new staff members. I hope you will come back and try us again so we can give you the proper guest experience you would expect.

Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

We were in Rochester for a marathon and decided to stay a bit further out rather than in the downtown area. This location is just off the highway and close to restaurants and shopping.
The staff was friendly and helpful, offering driving directions and getting a last minute cab. A problem with the TV was taken care of immediately. The room was quite small with such a tiny bathroom that the sink was part of the main room. But this room was clean and the shower was hot and had great water pressure. There was lots of storage area.
The breakfast area was large and clean. There were all the usual varieties of hot and cold cereal, make your own waffles, fruit and yogurt, breads, hot meats as well as juices, tea and coffee.
We would choose this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MarshaToronto
MarshaToronto,

Thank you for giving us a review of your recent stay. I am glad that our property worked well for your travel needs, I hope to see you again when you are traveling through our town.

wtracing
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

I came into town for a wedding and decided to stay in a "suite" for the occasion. While the suite is really just a multi-room version of what every other room looks like, it was only a few dollars more than a standard room and quite a bit larger. The room was comfortable and had quality TVs in the living room and bedroom. The bathroom was very standard (certainly no upgrade over the standard room), but I did not like that the sink was outside the bathroom near the front door to the room. The bed was comfortable, but the only A/C in the suite was in the living room. I have no idea why there is no A/C in the bedroom as well, and it was a tad too warm all night because of this. Given the great price, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank wtracing
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
wtracing,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of your recent stay. I am glad that you like the space available in the suite for your needs. We are currently working a solution to the A/C in the bedroom section of the room. I hope to see you again on your next travel to Rochester.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

We stayed there for 1 night, when we checked in the front desk lady was extremely polite. I requested for a late check out & the asst. Manager let us stay until 1 pm. Breakfast was really good & the rooms were very clean. I forgot some stuff in the room after I checked out, the house keeper found it & came running to our car with it. If I ever visit Rochester I will definitly stay at this hotel & I would certainly recommend my friends & family to stay there.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Amin G
Amin G,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of your recent stay. I am glad that our level of service we provided was exceptional for you. I look forward to seeing you on a return trip to our area.

West Sussex, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

Never having stayed in a Comfort Inn before, this one would persuade us to again without hesitation. Our room was large and, although next to a main road, silent. Friendly staff and a well above average (free) breakfast provided in comfortable surroundings. Free wifi, easy parking and a range of places to eat nearby made this a great pick. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Garj
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue, responded to this review, 21 September 2012
Garj,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of your stay. I am glad you tried us out and was surprised and happy with the accommodations. I hope on your next travel through our town you will stay with us again.

Brian Ugorek
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford
The East Avenue Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester Airport - University Area

Been to Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue? Share your experiences!