“Just barely Very Good - clean indoors and out, but very plain”

Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brighton
CT
“Just barely Very Good - clean indoors and out, but very plain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

Had a King bed room - but the tiniest bathroom I've seen in a US hotel. Clean, good bed, and fast internet, but noisy bathroom fan and tricky AC/heater to operate. Breakfast was standard Comfort Inn - good but not special.

Room Tip: Suggest you avoid 203
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
DavetravelerCt,

Thank you for staying with us, I am sorry to hear about your experience with our bathroom fan and A/C unit. I will ensure that those are checked and fixed. I do hope you will stay with us again on your next trip through town.

Brian Ugorek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Rochester Hills, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

This was clean, comfortable, a good value for the price paid. The room was good sized, the beds terrific, the bathroom clean, the amenities just right and the breakfast fresh and good. We drive through this area regularly and will certainly return here.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Tenormary,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I am glad that you decided to try us out. I look forward to seeing you again when you make your next pass through our area.

North Berwick, Maine, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

This is a great little hotel. Great price and great service. Breakfast included, continental. Rooms are clean. Hair dryer, shampoo and conditioner. Reception friendly and helpful. Cracker Barrel right next store for breakfast, lunch or dinner. You also have the option to workout at the gym at the Homewood Suites next door.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a place to sleep and lay your head, this is the place. Bare bones and worth...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Ann S
Akron, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

I traveled to Rochester recently for business where the client booked a room for me at the Comfort Inn. To be honest, I have never stayed at a Comfort Inn nor have I chosen to stay at a 2-star rated facility.

I must say that upon arrival, I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is clean and looks relatively new. It is in the perfect location as there are local restaurants along the main road, including shopping, with better chain restaurants a few minutes away. Traffic can get heavy at times, making left turns out of their drive slightly risky.

The lobby/breakfast area reminds me of a Hilton or Marriott property, albeit smaller. I arrived later in the evening. The person on staff was pleasant. The facility only has two floors and there is no elevator. I find that to be odd but assumed this was a cost saving move. I would have hated to be on the second floor with baggage as that would have been a nuisance.
I found the room to be very well laid out and clean. The décor was modern. There is a microwave, decent size flat—screen TV and a nice sized fridge. The desk came with a soft leather high-back chair, which was great. Wi-FI was free – a definite plus!
I agree with other reviewers about the small bathroom with the sink being in the main room. It’s in a slightly odd place, being right in the doorway, practically when you step in the room. However, I believe the idea was to give the visitor a larger living area for comfort rather than taking up more square footage by placing the sink in the bathroom. The tile was a nice feature in the bathroom and the tub was nice and large for soaking. The tub was nice because the water didn’t drain like usual, causing you have to continue to refill. The walls are definitely thin. I was there in the early part of the week where it was relatively quiet but I could clearly here the male guest above me in the bathroom as I laid in bed. Things could get rather noisy if there were children so this may not be the best place to stay during school breaks.

All in all, I had a great stay. The manager allowed me a later check out with no problem which was a definite plus. The breakfast was average/below average but there are other options just a short distance away.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BarnzGirls
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
BarnzGirls,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of your experience with us. I am happy to hear that our location worked well for you. We are a smaller hotel as you saw so we try to make the best experience we have with our facilities. I look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

pittsburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

At $89 a night you can't beat the price. The bed was great. King size and very comfortable. Nice flat screen tv. Breakfast was good enough (waffles, eggs, sausages and the ususal bagels, etc.).Good location as there were plenty of stores and restaurants near by. The only negative is the small sink outside the bathroom but that was a minor inconvience. We'd definetly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Li55
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue, responded to this review, 28 January 2013
Li55,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of your recent stay. I am glad that our accommodations worked well for your needs. I do hope you choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Rochester.

Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

Overall, my stay at this hotel was very good and it was perfect for a weekend stay in Rochester. The room was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, the breakfast display and the food was very good with lots of selection, the location was convenient and easy to find, and the price was quite reasonable. My only critique of this hotel was that the walls seemed to be paper thin. I could hear almost every single noise from the rooms beside us (ie. from the TV, cell phone rings, conversations). Because of that, it kind of felt like I was sleeping in a dormitory vs. a hotel. Overall, it was a good hotel and I would likely stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ZigZag5
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue, responded to this review, 12 December 2012
ZigZag5,

Thank you for taking the time to give a review of your recent stay. I hope you will stay with us again on your next travel to Rochester.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2012

We stayed on a Thursday night to go to RIT. The price was great and while not the closest to the university (it took us just over 10 minutes), it was in a convenient location, near several restaurants and many shopping options.
It is not perfect - no elevator, some light stains on the popcorn ceiling, and hot breakfast could use a little work - but all in all a reasonable value. Room was small, but it was very clean.
Nothing wrong with the staff, just not particularly enthusiastic. I really prefer a bright, upbeat person to greet me.

• Stayed December 2012
PATraveler777,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of your recent stay. I'm glad that our location and services fit your needs. I hope we will see you again on your next trip to Rochester.

Brian Ugorek
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford
Home2 Suites by Hilton Rochester Henrietta
The East Avenue Inn & Suites
The Del Monte Lodge Renaissance Rochester Hotel & Spa
Extended Stay America - Rochester - Henrietta

Been to Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue? Share your experiences!