“A room and So Much More”

Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Brighton
Toronto, Canada
“A room and So Much More”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We were driving in thunder, lightening and pouring rain about 40 minutes from Rochester, the second hotel I called I spoke with Tracy who was so friendly on the phone, I thought we have to stay there! The only room left on the ground floor was the wheelchair accessible suite. As there was only one bed, there was enough room to swing a cat around. My husband is the spread-out type so we didn't have to jostle for space. A hot breakfast was included with a good variety of choices. Coffee and tea was on tap 24/7. The only quibble I have is that in the big bathroom there is no light over/around the shower area. I think this would be a concern for a handicapped person. Very good value and we enjoyed our 2 night stay in a big clean and comfortable room.

Room Tip: Ask for wheelchair accessible room, it's big. Unless you want two beds, as we usually sleep toge...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
LynneM,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of your recent stay with us. I am glad you were able to weather the storm and make it to us. Your husband sounds like me I like to spread out in a room. I do hope if you find your way back to Rochester you will stay with us again.

Brian Ugorek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Plattsburgh, NY
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

No complaints whatsoever. Painless check in, clean room and all amenities worked fine. It's about a 10 minute drive to downtown Rochester. Traffic can be tough, so plan accordingly. Free parking as well, which is always a plus. Decent value and an overall great stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
ncm7772,

Thank you for your kind words, I am glad our location worked well for your needs. We too think traffic can be kind of tough around here. I do hope you will choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Rochester.

Leander, Texas
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed two nights basically a business trip. The staff was very nice especially the morning crew making sure the breakfast items were well stocked. Not a fancy place but everything just worked well.
The rooms were rather small with the sink right in the door way as you entered. If you want a clean, comfortable room with a nice breakfast this is a good selection.
We found the location to very handy - close to restaurants we wanted to try and close to the business i needed to do.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room. Not sure if there was an elevator or not.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Wacoton,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. I am glad to hear that our location meet your needs and you enjoyed your time with us. I do hope that on your next trip to Rochester you choose to stay with us again.

Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This was a return booking and despite the fact that I inadvertently booked the wheelchair accessible suite, my wife and I had a pleasant overnight stay. We very much enjoyed the generous and healthy breakfast choices and the eating area adjacent to the front desk is bright and cheery. There are lots of restaurants nearby as well as numerous shopping venues so a great stop-over location. Our room, while adapted to give extra space, was clean and comfortable. We would choose this hotel again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Connoisseur-of-Life
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Connoisseur-of-Life,

Thank you for your review. I am glad that the room typed worked out for you in the end. I do hope that you will choose us again on your next stop over in Rochester. Thank you for your kind comments about our facility, I will pass it along to my staff.

Wesley Chapel, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stay at this Comfort Inn whenever we are in Rochester to see relatives. The rooms are a bit small but are very clean and comfortable. Monroe Avenue has a lot to offer as far as shopping, dinning, etc. so you do not have to go far. You located in between Brighton and Pittsford. Hotel is right off the 490.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. We usually stay on 1st floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Robert S,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review of your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you stay with us whenever you’re in Rochester. Thank you for your continued support. We look forward to seeing you again!

Hsndjdjdjid
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is my second time staying here & it was awful the staff was rude very disrespectful and the Maneger Bryant very very disgusting rude unprofessional !!! Never come here with your family this place is invested with bugs,dead flys all over ants on second floor my room floors was sticky and had left over foods from the last guest !!!

• Stayed May 2014
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Hdnjdid,

I am sorry to hear about your experience, I would love to discuss this further so I can get an understanding as to where we went wrong. I am sorry but this is the first I have heard of any of this and apparently I talked to you which is highly unlikely because If someone had an experience like you described I would remember that and would have made it right to you. Please feel free to reach out to me by email gm.ny357@choicehotels.com and we can go from there.

Hampstead, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Had a very nice stay. Everything was clean and the staff was very friendly. The room was comfortable but had a very odd setup. The sink was right inside the room to the left...when I say right inside, I mean I the edge of the sink is against the hallway wall. This was fine for just me, but I could see it being a challenge if multiple people were coming and going. I asked the clerk about it and she said it was "European" style. Also the door to the bathroom was very narrow. On the upside, the room was not in need of updating like the ones I had stayed at in the Syracuse area. Also the bed was comfortable.
I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
GMComfortRochester, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
James P,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our facility to be clean and well maintained. We do like to be different to make that memorable experience to our guests and I see that you found the sink to be that. I hope you will stop back to see us on your next trip back to Rochester.

Brian Ugorek
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester/Pittsford
Courtyard Rochester East/Penfield
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester / Henrietta
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown

Been to Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue? Share your experiences!