“Food Was Good”

Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We ate here on Monday night which was wing night. The place was packed when we arrived. The hostess was very sweet and accommodating. We asked for a table outside on the canal. She managde to have one for us without a long wait. However, once seated outside, we were a little sorry that we hadn't stayed inside. The outside could have been a little cleaner and a little more upscale. We sampled the wings and they were delicious. The rest of our dinner was also very good. The seagulls could be pests outside.

Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

even though we saw a movie star in front of the restaurant.
with it being the highlight of our visit there.
I would not go back again.
very disappointed in they're overpriced under sauced undercooked wings.

Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

Lynn and I stopped at The Stoneyard in Brockport for some casual dining. We decided on an outside table which was right along the Erie Canal. The interior of the restaurant is historic with dark woods and an interesting bar. On Monday nights the Stoneyard does $.25 wings which are offered in a variety of sauces. We had the original and parmigiana wings which were very good. We also had onion rings. Their large basket was $4.95 which was comfortable for a table of 4. Our server, Theresa, was very good.

1  Thank Radiohutch
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We recently completed a canoe trip on the Erie Canal with the best stop being in Brockport. One very pleasant evening (86 degrees, sunny, powder puff clouds) we opted for dinner at the Stoneyard. Great decision. They have an outdoor area that is directly on the canal, you can see the boats come and go and you can see the lift bridge in operation as the seating area is right next to it. Very nice atmosphere. The interior is pretty nice too. There are two levels, the upper level has high ceilings and is very spacious, stone interior. The lower level is where the bar is located and is nicely decorated in a more informal style.

The food was very good, we were both very pleased with our selections. We opened with beef nachos, the half portion was a good size for sharing and it was very tasty. I decided to have the daily special which was a grilled chicken salad with green apple slivers, pecans, feta cheese, mixed greens and croutons with an apple dressing. It was delicious and I really wanted another. My wife had the 20 oz burger, it was cooked just how she ordered and was flavorful. She had very crispy onion rings. I wish I had ordered some.

The last thing I want to comment on, the bar features many craft beers that aren't really served elsewhere. The list was very extensive, I ended up having a Brooklyn Scorcher and a Saranac BLueberry Blonde and the wife had a UFO Raspberry. Good times!

1  Thank danrodz
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I love the restaurant upstairs. While the downstairs is a true bar and there is seating outside along the canal, upstairs is my preference. Casual yet comfortable. The food is incredible. The Cubano is by far the best in the city. Great place for date night or to take the family. Lunch or dinner here is a great choice all the time.