“Good for a short stay.”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Brockport
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We stayed here for one night. The room was clean and neat. We saw no bugs or dirt anywhere. The rooms are small but so is the hotel. We stayed on the second floor and heard no noises from any other rooms. We asked for extra towels as there were only 3 sets in the bathroom. We were given 3 more sets but could have had more if we wanted. There is no pool at this location and for $60 to $70 a night, I did not expect luxury. I got exactly what I paid for.. a place to rest my head that was clean and comfortable. The air conditioning unit was quiet and fairly new. You can tell that the owners are doing upgrades. There are plenty of places to eat in the area and it is a 5 minute drive away from the college.
The only negative was that the beds were a little uncomfortable. Newer mattresses would solve that problem.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 August 2012

We were in Brockport visiting family (their house was already full!). First, I knew we were not going to be staying at a Hilton. We only needed a place to lay our heads. The room was tidy. The bath was small but again... I was not there for a spa vacation. In April I stayed at a Marriot in Myrtle Beach that was not this clean or quiet. All in all I would say I got what I paid for. Yes, upkeep could be a little better aesthetically (cement is worn, and the art is not trendy), but it was not a tragic experience. We all slept fine on the beds.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Crumbling concrete, garbage cans full to the brim on the outside of the building,outdated dangerous piece of playground equipment in back of hotel.Hole in bathroom window screen and no lock on the window.Stained mattress and box spring with no mattress protector. Upon packing to leave, I found a used syringe between the bed and the night stand. I let the desk clerk know and he did not offer any type of adjustment to our bill.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Amy K
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I am truly surprised at this town only 2 hotels in the whole area where a university is! Well we got stuck with the Econo lodge, this place is so outdated the furniture was older then my son. The bed were firm but I was afraid to sit on them. We went to Walmart to buy our own linen. I'm not saying the place is dirty it just looked not what I would expect in this day and age.no microwave but has a fridge. Free Internet was a plus Bathroom was clean and up to date just small. The high point is they have lots of choices for places to eat. So you won't go hungry, but you may die of bordem oh the hotel is very affordable the other choice of stay wanted a ridiculous amount of 149 a day almost double the cost for this place. So this was a no brainier.

Room Tip: Bring your blankets, nothing to do so if you have kids bring some entertainment. I always bring a ca...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Neena1121
Reviewed 8 November 2011

This property is old, run down and VERY dirty. The linens on the bed were stained. There were tiny flying bugs in the bathroom. The door to the outside was ill-fitted and had large gaps....I did not feel safe. This was family weekend at the college so there were no openings at any of the area bed and breakfasts. This is the only hotel in the area. I stripped the bed and slept in my coat for the weekend! Horrible experience!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank mmcandy
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Stayed a couple of nights this week on business. Fairly clean and pleasant room. Older hotel that could use some updates. Good location in town. A few good restaurants close by. I would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Jack2148
Reviewed 6 July 2011

My daughter was staying a week at SUNY at Brockport, NY. I had to attend the celebration on Friday night and pick her up Saturday morning. I was very happy to find friendly and helpful staff at the front desk. The room was clean and well kept with working a/c and small refrigerator, screen TV with a variety of shows including HBO, plenty of light and comfortable bed. In addition, the shower was wonderful. Not one of those with little pressure. Yes, it was not luxury, but for an overnight stay, I had a wonderful night. As a woman traveling alone, I did not have any fear staying here by myself. Friendly's Restaurant and two others are on the same block and Wendy's and McDonalds are not far away. I would definitely stay here again, and I told the man at the front desk the same.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Patre
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockport
Hampton Inn Brockport
#3 of 12 in Batavia
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 12 in Batavia

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!