“Great New Upgrades”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Brockport
Syracuse, New York, United States
“Great New Upgrades”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Many new changes in this Econo Lodge over the past years but this year I was inspired to write a review. The service is excellent and quick. Reservations easy, even on last moment thanks to Thomas. The rooms are clean and updated with a new bathroom and a new color of decorations and linens. The bed was very comfortable. The Breakfast was more than coffee and a donut. The buffet of waffles, begels, muffins, hot and cold cereral, juice, coffee and more was all freash and clean.. There is also an area to sit and eat your breakfast as well. Brian very friendly and helpful with a quick " check-out while I got my breakfast. Thanks Econo Lodge. I know I will be back again.

Room Tip: If traveling in the cooler or hotter months, and making last minute reservations always ask for the...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Cindy C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We stayed here because we wanted a non-smoking room while attending the PGA tournament in Rochester and the rates were very high for what was still available elsewhere. It appeared to be an older hotel which needed updating and some repairs. We requested to be on the first floor as steps are a problem. The room below us was available for the first night, but not for the second as a repeat customer had requested it and the manager said that they couldn't be moved. The channel guide was outdated and the golf channel was no longer available. Internet was also out, but I was able to get on using a restaurant close by. Our room was fair sized. Breakfast was meager.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Montreal
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stayed here one night from July 26 to July 27. Front desk staff generally friendly. Breakfast is small yet comforting. Room was old but had a renovated appearance, with new TV, fridge, sink and toilet. The a/c was also new, only a little loud. The bad thing was the fact that windows were unsecured and there was a balcony on the other side, so anyone could easily sneak in at night, if they wanted. Other than that: great place to spend one night, dine and get back on the road. Can't say much about staying for a long visit, let alone the corner itself.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Wayland, New York
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We stayed here for one night. The room was clean and neat. We saw no bugs or dirt anywhere. The rooms are small but so is the hotel. We stayed on the second floor and heard no noises from any other rooms. We asked for extra towels as there were only 3 sets in the bathroom. We were given 3 more sets but could have had more if we wanted. There is no pool at this location and for $60 to $70 a night, I did not expect luxury. I got exactly what I paid for.. a place to rest my head that was clean and comfortable. The air conditioning unit was quiet and fairly new. You can tell that the owners are doing upgrades. There are plenty of places to eat in the area and it is a 5 minute drive away from the college.
The only negative was that the beds were a little uncomfortable. Newer mattresses would solve that problem.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We were in Brockport visiting family (their house was already full!). First, I knew we were not going to be staying at a Hilton. We only needed a place to lay our heads. The room was tidy. The bath was small but again... I was not there for a spa vacation. In April I stayed at a Marriot in Myrtle Beach that was not this clean or quiet. All in all I would say I got what I paid for. Yes, upkeep could be a little better aesthetically (cement is worn, and the art is not trendy), but it was not a tragic experience. We all slept fine on the beds.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Elmira, New York, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Crumbling concrete, garbage cans full to the brim on the outside of the building,outdated dangerous piece of playground equipment in back of hotel.Hole in bathroom window screen and no lock on the window.Stained mattress and box spring with no mattress protector. Upon packing to leave, I found a used syringe between the bed and the night stand. I let the desk clerk know and he did not offer any type of adjustment to our bill.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Amy K
Pennsauken, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I am truly surprised at this town only 2 hotels in the whole area where a university is! Well we got stuck with the Econo lodge, this place is so outdated the furniture was older then my son. The bed were firm but I was afraid to sit on them. We went to Walmart to buy our own linen. I'm not saying the place is dirty it just looked not what I would expect in this day and age.no microwave but has a fridge. Free Internet was a plus Bathroom was clean and up to date just small. The high point is they have lots of choices for places to eat. So you won't go hungry, but you may die of bordem oh the hotel is very affordable the other choice of stay wanted a ridiculous amount of 149 a day almost double the cost for this place. So this was a no brainier.

Room Tip: Bring your blankets, nothing to do so if you have kids bring some entertainment. I always bring a ca...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Neena1121
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brockport
Hampton Inn Brockport
#9 of 31 in Rochester
Comfort Inn West
Comfort Inn West
#26 of 31 in Rochester

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!