“an ok place to stay if you need to be in this area” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Bronx Near Stadium

Days Inn Bronx Near Stadium
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Bronx
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
“an ok place to stay if you need to be in this area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

It is true: it is noisy in the rooms as the walls are thin yet I could sleep well. the rooms are good sized, private bath, big tv screen for those who care, a coffeemaker in the room with coffee tips supplied, breakfast is included, served in the basement w/o window not charming yet it gets you started into the day, there is also a small fitness room. the staff is very helpful and the place feels safe. the immediate neighborhood is fairly quiet as there is quite a bit of wasteland in the moment and a few car shops.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Annett Z

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Hampton, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

When we checked into the room the was a ear ring in the bed when we turn the blanket back. My niece said her room door was open and the bed was not made; When we complained to the registration desk our room was changed however they put us in a room that smelled of smoke. I am soooooo upset and pray that I can get some rest in order to drive that 8 hour trip to Virginia later this morning. I will be calling the corporate office ASAP. This hotel is for folks looking to stay a hour or two.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gwendolyn D
NikGandhi, Owner at Days Inn Bronx Near Stadium, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Hi Miss Gwendolyn,

My name is Nik and I'm Owner and General Manager of this hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Additionally, I would like you to contact me directly at the hotel. If I can get more information regarding your stay, I can discipline the housekeeper who failed at her job.

Nik

Travellers are raving about these Bronx hotels

Baltimore, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

I'm not sure what year the people with good reviews stayed here, but March2012 I stayed here and it was awful, the room I was assigned had chicken crumbs in after I saw the people with the chicken check out, had blood spots in the BLANKET AND SHEETS, rust and blood spots. the bathroom was disgusting, they had no clean washcloths or towles, when i asked for new ones they were no better. when I asked for a new room I had the same problem, dental floss sticks were found in a suppose to be clean bed, it was made up under the sheets, burn marks in the sheets, bathroom again was just nasty. housekeeping was unmarked, pubic hair was stuck in the washcloth, and in the bed. myself and my partner slept in or clothes cause we were afraid to sleep on the bare sheets went to get ice machine the ice bucket was nasty. brown spots all over it.... It remind me of a motel 6, but motel 6 might have been better in this case.... people just walking in and out, late night traffic like 4am people checking out and in.... this was the worst hotel experience. this room cost me 300.00 dollars for me to have to purchase my own towles and washcloths, listen to people have sex, afraid to sleep on the sheets etc..... I'm not usually the one who post comments i leave that for my partner but my trip was started off on the wrong NOTE!!!!!

Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank prettieunique
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

The Days Inn is a wonderful place to stay for the whole family we stayed here for 4 nights totally recommended the beds are awesome and alot of pillows very clean comfortable the continental breakfeast is nice and fresh from 6am, good way to start the day. I'ts has a warm complementary breakfast; I would recamend the DAYS INN to anyone for a nice get away.

Room Tip: i stay room 202
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank wendm0412
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

This is a Days Inn close to Yankee stadium! It's clean and comfortable, the staff were very helpful with directions to many close by attractions. My wife and I and my three daughters stayed for a weekend, down from Canada. We were visiting relatives in the area. My wife can be tough on places her expectations are pretty high. But this place passed the test.

I don't where that crazy guy stayed, he sounded confused to me!

Clean place! No bed bugs! No surprises, it's a Days Inn!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ASavedra_12
Mississauga
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

Don't be fooled by the area, it seems like a sketchy area but it's safe to walk, even at night. We stayed from 30 Dec - 1 Jan and had no problems walking anywhere, even late night. The hotel is a basic no frills place. Rooms were basic but very big, clean and comfortable. Short walk to Yankee Stadium to catch the D train into times square, or if you don't want to walk, catch the Bx41 Bus from the hotel to 149th/3rd station and take train #2 into Times Square. Either way takes about 40 mins total. Hotel Staff are helpful and will give you any advice on how to get where you need to go.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the main road are noisier
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chillier76
Springfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

Compared to other Days Inns I have stayed at, this place would have rated poor, but because I have stayed at several other "chain" hotels in this section of the Bronx it gets bumped up... The lady at the front desk was great. She checked us in quickly and later on made change for the one soda machine (which was not fully stocked) in the basement of this hotel without issue. The room was cleaner than most "chain" places I have stayed at in this area - bathroom, linen, and towels were clean. That was the good part. Now the nit-picking: This hotel has about 50 rooms and I counted about 15 or so parking spaces. Hope you don't stay here on a crowded night and have a car. We didn't have an issue. The metro runs behind the rear of the hotel - we stayed on the third floor facing the metro and didn't notice a noise issue until the television was turned off, and then got used to it - it is NOT that bad! Speaking of the television - The cable system in this hotel is one of the worst I have come across in a few years - just getting both the cable box and television on was a challenge, then changing channels was simply frustrating, although I think this is a fault of the cable provider, and not the hotel, but I think the hotel should look into this (and they should look into ways of hanging a television on the wall so that it is straight, and not titled sideways by about 10-15%). The breakfast - a let down. I have stayed at "dumpier" places than this place (and this price point) in this section of the Bronx and the lack of any protein or even a make-it-yourself waffle maker was a smack in the face. What I found creepy about breakfast was that the cream cheese for the bagels was simply a tub left out for guests to dive into - no individual packets to keep things clean! I don't know where the knife my fellow guests used in that tub has been! All of the things I just mentioned may mean a lot to you or not. They are my observations. Here is something that SHOULD mean something to you: We asked for a smoke free room. This hotel has non smoking rooms next to smoking rooms, next to non-smoking, etc. when they should have all the smoking rooms in one area. All you could smell in the hallway was both tobacco AND marijuana smoke. These both made their ways into our room even tho we put a damp towel at the bottom of the door. Several rooms appeared to have parties going on, or at least loud music and voices all through the night and doors were slammed though out the night as well, but that is why you leave a television on when you stay in the Bronx, right? I would stay here again, but only after confirmation that I will not be sharing a stogie or a blunt with the guests next door.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business