“I don't recommend this hotel to anyone whatsoever”
Review of Sheridan Hotel

Sheridan Hotel
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Bronx
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“I don't recommend this hotel to anyone whatsoever”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

It was horrible experience. No buffet and rude staff. They didn't clean the room and never make my orders when I ask to bring something. There was a poor and sometimes no internet and when I called to ask about that the front desk operator got upset and yielded at me then eventually hung up on me even though I was polite to him. I don't recommend this hotel to anyone whatsoever. It is a horrible experience.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mohammed A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 10 November 2013

we stayed here on the 21st oct 2013 and had booked to stay for 5 nights. all the positive reviews from the hotel must be totally false because the hotel was absolutely filthy, the carpet in the hallways, the dirt of the lift, the smell of hash, it just could not have been any worse. the room itself had wire wool placed in all corners to prevent mice and insects from getting in, and we were on the fourth floor! there were cigarette burns on the bedclothes and we were afraid to put a bare foot an the carpet as it was so dirty. we left the next day and would not recommend anybody even to take a chance on this dump, even the breakfast was all paper cups and plates etc in a filthy room. if this place was in ireland it would be closed down immediately. it is not in a good area either so even venturing outside at night was an option!

Room Tip: rooms are filthy and i mean filthy, couldn't believe how bad
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank karlbrady

Travellers are raving about these Bronx hotels

Ithaca, New York
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I have stayed here 4+ times when visiting the city...All the staff have been extremely nice and helpful, and the rooms were nice given the price. The location is in what seems to be a good part of town, easy to hop on the highway. I will continue to stay here when I visit. And would recommend this hotel to other singles/couples coming into the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I am not one to write reviews but the experience I just had at this hotel was so terrible! I booked this hotel for 3 nights. When we entered our room the bed wasn't really made, the pillows were thrown across the second bed and there were no pillow cases. The bathroom did not smell good either. Our flight got in so late so we decided to stay that night. During the night my mom saw a rat and we notified the hotel of that. All they did was bring a maintenance guy to put in a mouse trap! No one even offered to switch rooms for us. The carpet was old and soiled, you could smell weed and the wifi barely worked. The vending machine was practically empty. We decided to check out of the hotel because we had a baby with us and when we told the people at the front desk they said they would not refund for the 3 night we did not want to stay. The people were extremely rude. The manger came and basically brushed us off. After a heated exchange they finally gave us the money and were extremely rude about it. These people don't know a thing about customer service. We weren't the only ones that had issues with them. Book at your own risk!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Afia T
Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We arrived to the hotel, 3 hours early. The front desk manager, Zee, was helpful. He let us check in early, won't NO extra fee. We were able to get settled in and off to city the city early. No complaints here; room was clean and the rest of the staff was helpful.

• Stayed October 2013
San Diego, California
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed here last week and I came back to my room to find that my iPad was stolen. The Hotel did not want to take any responsibility. On top of this the room and hotel were dirty, we found a rat in our room! If this is not enough, we also had people knock on our door at night selling drugs!!

We filed police reports and reported all of the above to the Hotel front desk. We are trying to contact the corporate office but cannot find a phone number or any contact information.

Room Tip: Dont choose a room!!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank noe c
Villalba, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I stayed at Sheridan Hotel for 3 days (September 2013) for a Family Reunion Party at NYC. If you see the Hotel Website it looks awesome. But when you see it at person; wow its horrible. The Staff at the Front Desk aren't responsible. No interpersonal skills. They didn't tell me where was the breakfast room. The carpets are dirty. My room (205) wasn't clean. No vacuum was pass before my arrival. The smell was horrible. The elevator wasn't clean. At the bathrooms wall it had a spot (dot) that it looked like Blood. I DON'T RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL. For the 3 days of my stay I had to go 3 times to the front desk to verify my door key because it didn't work. In my 3 days I didn't have room service to clean and I had to go personal to change my towels. It was a bad experience ($170 per night) the room was too small for 2 queen beds. Too small. I sent an email to the management team at Sheridan and I didn't receive a respond.

Room Tip: Do not stay at Sheridan Hotel Bronx, New York
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family