“Good food but a lousy location”
Review of Villa Barone

Villa Barone
Ranked #529 of 1,241 Restaurants in Bronx
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I've been going to the VB for years for private parties and I've always enjoyed the food. My fiance and I didn't know where we should eat Tuesday night so we decided on the VB. Wow has that neighborhood changed. Walking from the car to the restaurant is uncomfortable. The restaurant was so empty, we thought it was closed until we tried the door. At any given time, we were one of two tables in the restaurant. When we walked in, there was a group of 3 sitting at a table on the lower level, which is where we sat. They left about halfway through our dinner but another couple came in. They sat on the top level (we didn't sit up there because my fiance walks with a cane and I try to avoid steps for him). So, at this point, we were the only people in the lower part of the restaurant. It felt like we were alone. We shared eggplant rollatini, which was good. My fiance had a pasta dish (I believe he had fettuccine alfredo) and I had chicken francese. We both enjoyed our dishes very much. Also, the basket of bread they give you to start with is full of so many good choices. Their prices are also very reasonable. Overall, the food was great, just like I had remembered but we probably won't go back because the neighborhood is so sketchy. It's a shame.

1  Thank LuxeGirlNYC
There are newer reviews for Villa Barone

Reviewed 27 January 2009

I grew up going to VB with my Grandparents, Parents and Brothers. They have great food and very friendly staff. Great for family dinners, special occasions, or a romantic evening/date.

2  Thank JaclynBBronx