““ Wedding in New York “”

Howard Johnson Express Inn Bronx
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Bronx
Buffalo, New York
““ Wedding in New York “”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I went with my husband, the staff were supportive, provided assistance with luggage we checked in by front desk clerk Mashi, she directed us to our room and explain about the breakfast and WIFI, Manager on Duty Mr. Mobi was very courteous and a good gentleman. Saw him working late and supervise personally everything and ensures that every guest is happy and receiving good services from the Hotel staff. He has a good team, very impressive The rooms are big and clean with microwave, refrigerator, iron Board and hair dryer.
Staff were very courteous, was very caring. On the wedding day we requested a cab, clerk Sheila forgot to call one for us we didn’t liked it though, when we came down into the lobby luckily there was a cab waiting outside.

Breakfast was good we liked coffee, Cereals and fresh fruits the girl who serves breakfast is a very kind and helpful person. Will definitely come back

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carol J
M0biA, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn Bronx, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Hello Carol J.,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay. It is magnificent to know that we have made your stay with us enjoyable. We all work as a team to make your stay a home away from home. Thank you so much for those kind words and wonderful ratings. Your opinions and comments are always appreciated and valued. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you have faced on the wedding day. I can assure you that it will not happen again. Also, we are working on improving the breakfast area and adding more items to the menu as well. Hope to see you soon in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I wanted a place that was nice; a place where the hubby and myself can have a nice night away from the daily life. I booked a King size bed; I got that and so much more. The room was large, clean and the staff was very helpful from the moment I checked in. Close to public transportation and plenty of places to eat. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
M0biA, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn Bronx, responded to this review, 2 March 2013
Thank you so much for posting a great review of the Happy Howard Johnson. I am very pleased to know that you were satisfied with the service that we provided. It is always a refreshing and motivating feeling to receive positive feedback from our guests. We hope to see you very soon.
Edgware, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2013

The only reason I am rating this hotel 4 stars because of one issue we encountered otherwise would have given 5 star,

We stayed at this hotel in the end of January to attend a wedding. Everything about this Hotel was great good customer service and very good management except one thing which upset us was a front desk Clerk by name Sheila who works in the morning was least concern about guest needs, We got unlucky and encountered the same clerk Sheila at the time of checkout. She didn't even bother to greet us nor wanted to help us in anyways, we had lots of baggage wanted help to get to international Airport(JFK) quickly, we had a flight to catch and we were running late, She was just screaming on one guest by sitting on the chair wasn't helpful at all. Very poor customer service.

Otherwise the rest of staff was very good and everyone was ready to help The room was very nice and the bed so very comfortable I hated to get up. The Other staff specially the girl in the afternoon Crystal and the Guy in the night Moe helped us to get transportation to various places we needed to go and also was always greeted us nicely and sincerely. I liked that we could open the window for fresh air instead of having to use the AC all the time. We were within a 20 minutes drive to the wedding which was located in Manhattan. When the staff called for a cab they got us the rate and that is exactly what we paid. It took about 30 minutes with traffic to get to Time Square and we spent the entire day there.

So if you want a friendly staff, a clean room with comfortable beds and descent rates this is where you should go.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
M0biA, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn Bronx, responded to this review, 17 February 2013
Hello Bill,
I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking out the time and posting a review of your recent stay at the Howard Johnson Express Inn. Firstly, I would deeply like to apologize for the trouble you have faced during your stay. I can assure you that it will not happen again. The staff at Howard Johnson is well-known for making the guest feel welcome and accommodating them with the best service. I am also thankful to you for complimenting some of my other staff and also overjoyed know that they were able to make your stay worthwhile. Again, I am very sorry the inconvenience. I hope you choose to stay with and give us another chance to serve you.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Hands down this is the best hotel I have stayed at for the price have paid! The beds were so comfortable, the breakfast was very good free WiFi and free parking. Train Station just one block from the Hotel is a bonus. I honestly did not find anything wrong with my room and nor with the hotel, I was very satisfied! by the way the front desk staff is AMAZING!!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
On behalf of my staff and myself, I would like to thank you for staying at the happy Howard Johnson. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority. Thank you for the wonderful compliments and ratings. It is rewarding to know that we are doing a great job when good guests like you enjoy their stay. We look forward to having you as our guest again.
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 3 February 2013

It was a great stay! Thank to the front desk staff, Good management , Staff they took care of our needs very well, Big good and clean Rooms for the price. Subway very close and its about 30 mins ride into Manhattan Good Breakfast and Free WiFi . Would stay there again!

Hello Rita,
I would like to thank you for posting a review of your recent stay. I am very happy to know you were highly satisfied with our services. It was a pleasure serving you. Please do consider us on your next visit to New York in the near future.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Spent 2-nights at this Howard Johnson Express Inn for a family reunion in January and the staff was outstanding. The structure itself is older, but the location, recent updates and staff made it a great choice. It felt like a home away from home. We especially enjoyed talking to Manger Mobi a good gentleman and very helpful and the other front desk staff was helpful too will visit again.

Hello Sue W.,
I would like to thank you for posting a review of your recent stay. I was delighted to read that you had a good experience with my staff. Our main priority is for all our guests to feel welcome and have an exceptional stay with us. Thank you for those excellent ratings and we hope to see you again in the near future.