“what I was lookinfg for..”

Howard Johnson Express Inn Bronx
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Bronx

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Bronx
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The customer service at this location is simply exceptional. Wide, clean and comfortable room. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

M0biA, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn Bronx, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Jennyfer, thank you so much for choosing to stay at our hotel. I appreciate the time you took out from your busy schedule to post a short and sweet review of our hotel. I would also like to thank you for recommending us. Feedback from our valued guests like you help us improve our services. I am very happy to know that you have found our rooms to be clean and comfortable. Please stay with us again, Jennyfer. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Whitestone. Usa.
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Wow great location very convenient easy access to everything. great customer service. Nice and Big rooms. We stayed for 2 nights and we got the room away from the train tracks had no problem. Good polite front desk staff and housekeepers very we'll train over all a good stay. No complaints. Hallways smells always good and fresh. Good management 2 thumps up will recommend this Hojo in Bronx.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

M0biA, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn Bronx, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, Shahbaz. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback about your stay. I am so glad to hear your stay was enjoyable and you found the staff friendly and helpful. Please know that your feedback and wonderful comments is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your review by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. I am glad we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your ratings and we look forward to seeing you soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I give zero star for this hotel. I used this hotel while I was visiting my son during his medical school era. I will start first with the best things about Hotel that is the location. It is very close to the subway station and to the bus station too. That is the only good thing about this hotel with personal cautions about the location of course.
The area especially Boston Road is a very dangerous place. You don’t want to walk around after dark at all. I had taken several times taxi back and forth to go to Albert Einstein College of Medicine to visit my son and all of the taxi drivers told me that this is a very dangerous place to stay. Honestly I never had any issue, because I was extremely very careful while I stay there. When I took the Bx21 from AECOM to my hotel area even late nigh times were okay. The best thing the bus station is across to the hotel. So when I arrived to the bus stop I was just crossing the road to my hotel door.
Hotel is terrible. It is really terrible. One night the fire alarms were running all nights, I had NO sleep. When I complained to the hotel management, they just told me that it was a technical problem! They did not say “sorry” or refund my payment.
I stayed at this hotel between 2008-20013 many many times because and the only reason I did not walk after getting off the bus in a dangerous area. BUT while I stayed there, I always had the loud noises in the halls at late nights. There were fights many of my staying there and police came almost every night to this hotel. I had witnessed many times that ‘some people’ were trying to check in for a few hours to this hotel at the middle of the night! Why? You think about it…Hotel services were okay, but not great definitely. The breakfast is terrible with not many choices. I stayed there many times because the bus station was just across to the hotel when I come back to my hotel from Albert Einstein College of Medicine dorms! It was safe in that matter. I just got off the bus station and run to my miserable hotel to spend the night.. This is my story. If you are Not by yourself to stay in Bronx, I will advice you stay in a better place. There are better hotels in Bronx, but you still check the safety issues with each of them very closely.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank GigiSunay
M0biA, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn Bronx, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
GigiSunay, first of all thank you so much for taking out the time from your busy schedule and posting a review of your stay with us from a last year. I wish I had known about the inconvenience you had faced during your stay so that I could have apologized properly. Our hotel is located in a safe neighborhood. There are various forms of public transportation nearby so there is plenty of security. Plus, there are also elementary schools in this area. This hotel is located in a busy area. We have a 24 hour front desk service therefore any assistance you need, will be provided by them. I am so sorry that my front desk staff was not as helpful and that the breakfast did not meet your expectations. We have a new breakfast area now, it is more spacious than the one we had last year. Also, we added more items to our breakfast menu. It is very unfortunate to know that my guest had not enjoyed his stay and I’m learning about this now. We always want to give our guests a home away from home feeling. I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience and disappointment. Thank you for your comments as they help us improve our services. We hope you will return to see us the next time you are in the area. Please feel free to reach me at (718) 589-2222 for future travel assistance and I will be more than happy to help you.

Travellers are raving about these Bronx hotels

Bronx
Reviewed 3 July 2014

all services were great. the room was clean and well laid. the train passes just a few feet from the hotel, which is kind of terrible.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

M0biA, General Manager at Howard Johnson Express Inn Bronx, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you, Lucky, for writing a short and sweet review of your stay here. I am very delighted that you enjoyed our accommodations and the service you received. Although, I am sorry about the train. I am assuming that your room was facing the front side but upon our guest’s requests, we are more than happy to move them to the opposite side where the train noise can barely be heard. Lucky, thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you soon.