“very disappointed”

and up
Bronx Little Italy Culinary Shopping Tour
Ranked #4 of 67 things to do in Bronx
Reviewed 21 July 2014

All these years I've heard such great things about Arthur Ave and after every Yankee game I say we have to stop on Arthur Ave well yesterday we did and it was well below my expectations. The only saving grace is that the church of Our Lady of Mt. Carnel was open for us to go in and pray and a bonus that it was the Feast of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel so we saw an authentic NYC Catholic Feast Procession. You year now Mulberry St. in Manhattan has deteriorated but others have told me the Bronx was great. Neither holds a candle to Hanover St. in Boston's North End. For that matter Schenectady NY & Troy NY are better. In a few weeks I'll let you know about Chicago's Italian section.
Still Arthur Avenue is off my bucket list

Reviewed 7 July 2014

What is not to like about great italian food? Depending on your pocketbook, you can find wonderful places to eat along Arthur Avenue in the Bronx (Belmont area). If you want large portions and authentic atmosphere, try Dominick's Restaurant where you get family style eating. I got no menus. They told us they could make anything for which we asked. Another good but more formal restaurant is Roberto's Restaurant. Here they do have menus and their food is exquisite. I also cannot resist stopping in Casa Della Mozzarella Italian Deli because they stock homemade mozzarella and other delicious Italian delicacies. There are also wonderful Italian bakeries lining the street and their sweet smell almost calls you to pick up a loaf or two. You cannot go wrong visiting the Belmont section of the Bronx.

1  Thank RocklandMom1
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This area along with the nearby Bronx Zoo and Botanical Gardens was one of my favorite haunts into my college years. However, now I only shop there before Easter and Christmas. Businesses like Artuso's Pastry and the Addeo Bakery make it worth the trip for me. It is obvious, however, that the area is in a state of transition from a neighborhood that was overwhelmingly Italian into one which has mixed ethnicities.

1  Thank ANTHONY R
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Love this area to walk around, shop & to eat! It has wonderful, authentic italian restaurants, bakeries & other ethnic products etc. Just love the Italian market's variety of products, Italian sausage to freshly made cheese, produce, cigars rolled in front of you, wonderful aroma of fresh baked breads, cookies...
There are alot of bakeries, 2 of my favorites are Artuso's & Egidios Pastry Shop! Great place with a mix of people & alot of history.

1  Thank Carmenm692014
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I showed my mother Arthur Avenue when showing her the Bronx back in September. This Little Italy is very similar to the one in Manhattan along Mulberry Street but is a little larger. Like the one on Mulberry Street, it is confined mainly to a Single street and a few tributaries with a largely non-Italian neighborhood surrounding it. We got a Lobster Tail here that was pretty good and this Little Italy is also a nice place to come after a Yankees game. In addition to Arthur Avenue, one can find Italian influences in the Bronx along Morris Park Avenue and City Island Avenue in the neighborhoods for which those Avenues take their name. Like this one, it is clear that there is a small Italian feel surrounded by a much larger non-Italian community. It is worth visiting but should be visited in Conjunction with the Little Italy neighborhoods in the other four boroughs as well.