“Cool, historically, to stay in a rebuilt opera house!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Opera House Hotel

Opera House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Bronx
Kungsbacka, Sweden
“Cool, historically, to stay in a rebuilt opera house!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Cool, historically, to stay in a rebuilt opera house! Cool design, a good sleep in good beds, large room, quiet and cool, fresh and clean. Very nice and good service. Glad to see the Bronx as a new tourist in NY. Close to many shops and the subway.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

What a great hotel if you need to be in the area. The front desk staff (both evening and day) were extremely pleasant, friendly and helpful! We were looking at a college in the area and had many questions, they were great. Our room was very nice, clean and updated and the beds were very comfortable! I will be back for sure and highly recommend this property.

1 Thank RaeRae62
Lewiston, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

What a great hotel! The room was so clean and everyone was so friendly and helpful! The breakfast was good and the fresh coffee was amazing. I really need to find out where they get the pillows, it was the most comfortable pillow I have ever slept on! Seriously! We will stay here again. Thanks so much to "Duke" and everyone else we met there.

1 Thank PatNDave1980
Oswego NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed here just one night while visiting a college with my son. Checked in kind of late, 9:00pm, the neighborhood looks a little suspicious but is just fine. The parking adjacent to the hotel was full so Duke, the desk attendant, guided us to another lot just around the corner. Again, I was a little skeptical about leaving my car and my keys but it turned out to be just fine and only $10.00. The room (405) is a king room with a refrigerator and microwave and good size bathroom. The bed is high quality and very comfortable. I shared with my son and neither of us could feel the other move while sleeping. The room itself is quite spacious (not as cramped as many NYC hotels usually are). Nice furnishings, chair and desk. Good size tv and good cable offerings. Unfortunately we had to leave early and chose to sleep in a bit and forego the free continental breakfast. However, based on the quality of this hotel I would be willing to bet it was more than satisfactory. We arrived after a 5 hour drive, very hungry. Duke directed us to the Mexicozano restaurant right next door. So glad we took his advice! The best guacamole I have ever had - made fresh for each order!!! If my son ends up going to the college we visited this will be the place I stay whenever we visit!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Betsaroo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

The Opera House Hotel is lovely. It was recommended because someone I was in town to work with lives in the neighborhood and saw it. So, I stayed based on its proximity to where I was working. It was fresh and clean and the staff extremely friendly. I was working in my room and called a sushi place for delivery. I called the front desk to have them call me when the delivery arrived and they were happy to send the delivery person up to my room. I appreciated that.

It was a very comfortable stay. I told the folks I was working with that the hotel was very nice and they should recommend for all visitors. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mitzalina
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

My only real complaint is that our stay wasn't longer! The view was "eh" due to construction (Room 303) but it was authentic and just what I expected! The bed was probably one of THE most comfortable beds ever made!!

The location is cool buuut if you desire a "totally quiet" area, choose somewhere else because it gets a little noisy if you're room is facing the main road (149th Street... I think). If the weather were a little nicer we would have just walked around so we didn't have the opportunity to really discover the area. If you enjoy food... the hotel's location is perfect for you! Many dining options near by! The shower looks awesome and clean... but the lack of power on the shower left much to be desired. Also, the bathroom lighting was "too sexy"... a girl needs to do her makeup in bright gorgeous lights! (Don't mind me and my random nuances)The stay here was fabulous! What really got my boyfriend and I was the helpfulness of the staff! They were totally accommodating, informative and helpful! I mentioned very minor feedback for the staff to address if necessary. I will be staying again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sid S
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Opera House hotel is located a block or so away from a major subway station. Going to Manhattan is extremely easy. Others have said that they felt the area was a bit unsafe, but I would have to disagree. The area is fine, it is spanish harlem so you will see colored people. If that is scary, then you will be a bit uncomfortable. There are some food options in the area, in fact the pizza shop on the corner is excellent. The hotel breakfast is only ok. But the evening cookies and milk is a great addition. Over al it is a great place.

Room Tip: Come in early in the day if you need parking. It is first come first serve. If you can park your car...