“Excellent place to stay”

Howard Johnson Bronx Near Stadium
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Bronx
Charleston, West Virginia
“Excellent place to stay”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Customer courtesy is exceptionally awesome
Cleanliness is unbelievable
Staff was like family vey courtesy
Felt safe with the police department rigt next door
I would defense stay at this hotel again
lashanda pizarro-west

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shonda P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Keyser, West Virginia
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We go to New York every year and we always stay at this hotel! The employees are wonderful and are all very friendly including the GM. He always remembers us from year-to-year. They are even very helpful when it comes to my children. We are die-hard Yankee fans and taxi service is inexpensive and very reliable. They come right to the hotel to get you! We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone! Also remember, just because it isn't your ritzy looking hotel from the Upper East Side doesn't mean that it's not a nice place to stay at! Keep up the good work guys!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Candice V
Chambéry, Rhone-Alpes, France
Reviewed 7 November 2013

With two friends of mine, we chose this hotel because it seemed to be friendly !

Well, we were not disappointed at all ! Our stay in Howard Johnson Inn Bronx was great, employees were great with us !

Our room was just perfect, breakfast was good, the neighbourhood quite quiet ! Taxi from the hotel is also not expensive !

Really, if you are looking for a good hotel in New York, just pick up this one. I will definitely come back !

Room Tip: Try to choose room 229, very well located :)
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Joshua R
Slaughter, Louisiana
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This dirty, raggedy excuse for a hotel is situated quite literally on a highway. There could be no place less convenient to stay, even if you came only to see the Yankees, and especially if you don't have a car. Odd liquids and what looks like dried vomit covered much of my room's interior, and none of the utilities but the shower actually worked. A couple sweet staff members shone through the endlessly grim halls of the Yankee's Stadium HoJo, however. I wouldn;t be surprised if there was a serious asbestos problem there...

Room Tip: Don't stay here full stop.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JohnnyBrim

Travellers are raving about these Bronx hotels

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 21 October 2013

if you are looking for an affordable, clean hotel with a friendly staff, this is it! I went down with my girl, for a girls weekend in NY. We had an amazing time. The hotel had 2 big comfortable beds, tv, clean bathroom and lots of closet space to hang our clothes. Our room 229, was very clean, fluffy pillows as well. The hotel staff was so great with us, Isaia at front desk, always called us a taxi as needed, and the taxi was there in moments. One morning, I must admit I was badly hungover, went downstairs for a coffee and bagel and Noe, one of the members of the staff, told me to go up to my room, and relax, that he would bring it up for me! He brought us coffee, and toasted our bagels for us. How nice thanks Noe! I did go and read reviews from other guests on this hotel, and was sceptical when I chose this one, but im happy to say I found the place fantastic. In regards to safety, the hotel is right next door to the Bronx police station! You cant get any safer then that! Thanks Isaia, anyone I missed on front desk, Noe and the hotel manager was great too!
I look forward to coming down and staying with you again!

Room Tip: our room 229 was clean - comfy beds -
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends