“You've got to stop here.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Finger Lakes Distilling Company
Ranked #4 of 11 things to do in Burdett
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Finger Lakes Distilling is a New York State Farm Distillery. We use locally grown fruits and grains to produce a range of high-quality, handmade spirits Including vodka, gin, whiskey, grappa and a variety of liqueurs and brandies. Our tasting room directly overlooks the production area for a tasteful and educational experience!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Dundee, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“You've got to stop here.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

I never was one to enjoy hard liquor, but the process was intriguing to me so we stopped. I got a tour and a great explanation of the process. The giant still is gorgeous and displayed for guests to observe. I was guided through a tasting of some brandies and whiskeys, and to my surprise I LIKED THEM! These folks are a "Farmstead Distillery" using primarily New York State fruits and grains to produce their booze. I nice variety is available to taste - but not too much! This stuff is potent!!

Visited May 2012

Carlisle, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A destination stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

It was our second visit to the Finger Lakes wine trails. In November, we had stopped at Glenora Wine Cellars and not only had a wonderful tasting but a wonderful education of he Finger Lakes from our server. He told us (among many other things) to stop at Finger Lakes Distilling on the other side of the lake. We had such a great experience there with his wife, Mary Alice, that we made it our FIRST stop this year. As I was preparing to write this review, I read the other reviews and called my wife over. "Judy S" had written about her "Happy Husband" and their server, John. It was John who had served us at Glenora and told us that Finger Lakes Distilling was a must stop. As we found, when we entered, he now works at he Distillery! It was our first and best tasting of the weekend. I concentrated on the whiskeys and learned so much about their history (did you know that when Prohibition began in 1920 there were only 20 Walgreens. At the end of Prohibition in 1935 there were more than 400. Drug stores were allowed to dispense alcohol for medicinal purposes!). All of the whiskeys were extraordinary. The bourbon was the best that I have ever tasted. John added a mixer to everything my wife tasted: wild blueberry to the vodka, peach something to the brandy, but her favorite was the best bloody mary that she ever tasted made out of a clear whiskey called White Pike. She left with the whiskey, the bloody mix, celery bitters and John gave us the web address for the bacon salt (it was so popular that it had sold out - and she had to have it). Finger Lakes Distilling is so unique that it should be a destination stop in the Finger Lakes. Judy S called John the "best on the wine trail. After two (more) solid days of tasting, he is not only the best on the wine trail, but his unparalleded knowledge of the region make him the area's best ambassador.

North Ferrisburgh, Vermont, United States
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“A change from wine/beer tastings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

Very friendly and knowledgeable, beautiful views- disappointed with some- pricey to buy

Dix Hills, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Happy Husband”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

My husband and I recently returned to the Seneca Lake Wine trail. It was the first time that just the two of us had visited the trail. He is not crazy about wine, but did like some of the sweeter ones at Glenora last year. Our first stop was for him - at Finger Lakes Distilling. What a surprise!! We walked into a beautiful and crowded tasting room and saw our favorite "associate" - John. He has served us for years at the Deck the Halls events at both Arcadian and Glenora. He reconized us and we waited for him to pour for us. He was pouring for a group of young people who all had fake mustaches and from the noise they were making, it was not their first stop. He told a young lady to take off her mustache - it was not doing anything for her appearance. The whole group removed theirs and they had a ball. He quieted them right down as ge put on a tasting clinic. It was our turn. My husband loves whiskey. John gave us an incredible explanation of how it was made and what to expect in the taste. My husband loved it and bought two bottles of the Pot Still which he said was better than the Jameson's that he drinks. He had mixers for everything I drank. My husband could not have been happier and never complained the rest of the day. Finger Lakes Distilling is a must stop - ask for John, the best on the wine trail!

Belleville, Ontario, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“This is a must visit place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

The MacKenzies both owner and distiller were funny informative guys, the tour of the distillery was really interesting and the tastings great. I highly recommend the gin beautiflly aromatic.

Visited April 2012