All reviews watkins glen main building wine trail beautiful waterfall hammocks cabin motel johnathon refrigerator porch properties
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This hotel is located right next to Hector Falls. As a local who grew up in and was recently married in the Finger Lakes, I wanted to take wedding photos in front of the falls. After the limo pulled up in front of the hotel on the side of the road (not in the hotel parking lot or property), the owner of the hotel who always sits out front quickly ran up to the limo and started yelling at the driver, he kept making a scene until the limo driver pulled away.

We were unable to get photos in front of the waterfalls. I would like to thank that jerk for ruining this opportunity.

Date of stay: October 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jay-L-Gro
GKinnkeeper, Owner at Finger Lakes Waterfall Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

The limo in question did not pull into our driveway, it actually pulled across the entrance of the driveway making it impossible for our guests to pull in or out of our parking lot.. Our manager, kindly asked the limo driver to move the limo to one of the public parking spaces provided by the state along the highway. There is a pull off just north of our property that is large enough for a limousine. We do our best to keep the driveway clear for our guests to come and go as they please.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Husband & I stayed here the week of Aug 5, 2013. I have to admit that we were not in the room that much as we hit lots of wineries, cheese farms & waterfalls. The property view are wonderful!. I specifically chose this motel because of the on-site waterfall. It was beautiful but then there was a bad storm one night & lots of rain which turned the waterfall into a site to behold! While the trek down to the lake wasn't too bad coming back up made me realize how out of shape I am. There are chairs and a hammock down by the waterfall to just hang out and relax. This motel is centrally located to the Seneca wine and cheese trails as well as some breweries and distilleries. The only reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5 is that while adequate and comfortable, the room was rather small and outdated. But again, you don't go to the Finger Lakes region to stay in your room. The owners couldn't have been more helpful and pleasant!!! They offered many suggestions on which wineries to try and places to eat and even helped carry our wine purchases to our room. If you are looking for luxury go somewhere else. But if you looking for reasonable rate, beautiful views, clean rooms & friendly owners, give this place a try.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank love2read59
GKinnkeeper, Owner at Finger Lakes Waterfall Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank-you for choosing Finger Lakes Waterfall Resort! As, you stated we are not luxury, but we call ourselves a Resort, because the property offers more than just a room.I am glad to know that you took the time to explore the property and enjoy the beauties of nature that exist here. We do our best to assure each of our guests have a pleasant stay and enjoy all that the area has to offer.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

I grew up in the area as a kid and have some really fond memories of the parks and beauty of the area. I wanted a place my dad and I could stay that was economical and comfortable. I stay in 5 star hotels for work and pleasure quit a bit, but sometimes you just want to enjoy the non-fancy natural beauty of a place. This is just as I had hoped for. Great paths to the lake, a beautiful waterfall, friendly service and a comfortable place to sleep. I would recommend this to anyone. Everyone's tastes are different, it is not the Ritz but a great place to enjoy the area parks, restaurants, and flare. I hope to stay here again in May.

Room tip: All the rooms I saw had great views of the Lake. Cookout areas are available near the waterfall and a canoe is free for guest use.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank MarkLowenstine

Thank-you for staying with us! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again on a future visit.

Reviewed 9 September 2012

We stayed 2 nights for my wife's birthday and I would have left after 1. Very dated and in need of much renovation very 70's. Poor lighting and AC was barely keeping up. The kicker was the owners kids running around till late in the evening the sound of running little feet almost drove me insane only letting up at 11pm. The couple good things are the falls and view are pretty and it's priced reasonable. It was clean and has good TV. Just know its value priced for a reason.

Date of stay: September 2012
3  Thank Bulletrws

We regret you did not have the best experience at our facility. Since your visit we have added insulation to the ceilings to hopefully cut down any noise and keep the rooms cooler.
Thank-you for staying with us.

Reviewed 6 September 2012

Excellent experience in August 2012. This family is doing a terrific job at the hard work of running a motel and renovating a property. Renovations have been completed in the rooms they book and they are spotless and include modern TVs. If you go, be sure to book long enough because our one night was too short! I rarely make the effort to write reviews, but this property is a gem that can't be forgotten. We took the stairs to the shores of Lake Seneca and planned on just relaxing at their beach but instead hopped in the provided canoe and enjoyed exploring the rocky crags. Absolutely stunning location. The motel is not luxurious with vaulted ceilings, snooty bellhops, and crystal everywhere. Instead the motel is charmingly authentic.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank laud
GKinnkeeper, Manager at Finger Lakes Waterfall Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thanks for staying with us we enjoyed having you as our guests ! Do come back to see what other changes we are making.