“Perfect Getaway”

Finger Lakes Waterfall Resort
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed here with my boyfriend in late June of 2014. We couldn't believe how close and beautiful the waterfall was. We spent an afternoon by ourselves just lounging by (and in!) the falls. Jonathan was a wonderful host - he set up two perfect hammocks right by the falls, and we definitely enjoyed them. The rooms are a little old school, but they have all of the basic amenities and ours was very clean.

The town is a funky mix of people, and we had a blast visiting Farm Sanctuary. Definitely go, drink wine, enjoy small town life, watch our for deer on the road, and ignore your watch!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnnetteKG

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Picked this place because of it's location...not disappointed! The waterfalls and view of the Lake was fantastic. Facilities are a little out dated but up dates are in progress. Jonathan was very friendly and helpful. Very close to wineries and Watkins Glen activities. Would stay there again!

Room Tip: Third floor - room #32
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom Z
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I stayed here in the late summer of 2013. It was one of the best weekends of my life. While the resort accomodations may seem dated, the place has unmistakable character. The waterfalls are great, as is the view of the lake at sunset. Unforgettable. But, you don't go here to stay in the hotel, you go for the wineries, distilleries and scenery. Additionally, the owner was kind enough to start fires outside in the fire pit, and I was able to sit at the fire, drink some very good purchases from the local distilleries with some very good company, and make memories that I will never, ever forget for the remainder of my life. I'll return to thsi place at least once a year, if not more. Я никогда не забуду мое время там.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LaVieEnRose423
GKinnkeeper, Owner at Finger Lakes Waterfall Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank-you for staying with us! We have added 6 new Adirondack chairs to the fire pit area this year, for your enjoyment. Also, we have added a level hammock area on the upper bank overlooking the waterfall and the lake. We look forward to having you stay with again and for many years to come.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

This hotel is located right next to Hector Falls. As a local who grew up in and was recently married in the Finger Lakes, I wanted to take wedding photos in front of the falls. After the limo pulled up in front of the hotel on the side of the road (not in the hotel parking lot or property), the owner of the hotel who always sits out front quickly ran up to the limo and started yelling at the driver, he kept making a scene until the limo driver pulled away.

We were unable to get photos in front of the waterfalls. I would like to thank that jerk for ruining this opportunity.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jay-L-Gro
GKinnkeeper, Owner at Finger Lakes Waterfall Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

The limo in question did not pull into our driveway, it actually pulled across the entrance of the driveway making it impossible for our guests to pull in or out of our parking lot.. Our manager, kindly asked the limo driver to move the limo to one of the public parking spaces provided by the state along the highway. There is a pull off just north of our property that is large enough for a limousine. We do our best to keep the driveway clear for our guests to come and go as they please.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Husband & I stayed here the week of Aug 5, 2013. I have to admit that we were not in the room that much as we hit lots of wineries, cheese farms & waterfalls. The property view are wonderful!. I specifically chose this motel because of the on-site waterfall. It was beautiful but then there was a bad storm one night & lots of rain which turned the waterfall into a site to behold! While the trek down to the lake wasn't too bad coming back up made me realize how out of shape I am. There are chairs and a hammock down by the waterfall to just hang out and relax. This motel is centrally located to the Seneca wine and cheese trails as well as some breweries and distilleries. The only reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5 is that while adequate and comfortable, the room was rather small and outdated. But again, you don't go to the Finger Lakes region to stay in your room. The owners couldn't have been more helpful and pleasant!!! They offered many suggestions on which wineries to try and places to eat and even helped carry our wine purchases to our room. If you are looking for luxury go somewhere else. But if you looking for reasonable rate, beautiful views, clean rooms & friendly owners, give this place a try.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank love2read59

Thank-you for choosing Finger Lakes Waterfall Resort! As, you stated we are not luxury, but we call ourselves a Resort, because the property offers more than just a room.I am glad to know that you took the time to explore the property and enjoy the beauties of nature that exist here. We do our best to assure each of our guests have a pleasant stay and enjoy all that the area has to offer.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

I grew up in the area as a kid and have some really fond memories of the parks and beauty of the area. I wanted a place my dad and I could stay that was economical and comfortable. I stay in 5 star hotels for work and pleasure quit a bit, but sometimes you just want to enjoy the non-fancy natural beauty of a place. This is just as I had hoped for. Great paths to the lake, a beautiful waterfall, friendly service and a comfortable place to sleep. I would recommend this to anyone. Everyone's tastes are different, it is not the Ritz but a great place to enjoy the area parks, restaurants, and flare. I hope to stay here again in May.

Room Tip: All the rooms I saw had great views of the Lake. Cookout areas are available near the waterfall and...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MarkLowenstine

Thank-you for staying with us! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again on a future visit.

Reviewed 9 September 2012

We stayed 2 nights for my wife's birthday and I would have left after 1. Very dated and in need of much renovation very 70's. Poor lighting and AC was barely keeping up. The kicker was the owners kids running around till late in the evening the sound of running little feet almost drove me insane only letting up at 11pm. The couple good things are the falls and view are pretty and it's priced reasonable. It was clean and has good TV. Just know its value priced for a reason.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Bulletrws

We regret you did not have the best experience at our facility. Since your visit we have added insulation to the ceilings to hopefully cut down any noise and keep the rooms cooler.
Thank-you for staying with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burdett
Lakeside Resort
#6 of 7 in Watkins Glen
Gorgeous View Motel
Gorgeous View Motel
#2 of 9 in Watkins Glen

Been to Finger Lakes Waterfall Resort? Share your experiences!