Finger Lakes Waterfall Resort
Anchor Inn And Marina(Watkins Glen)
US$128
US$115
  • Bar/Lounge
Glen Motor Inn(Watkins Glen)
US$144
Gorgeous View Motel(Watkins Glen)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$97
Lakeside Resort(Watkins Glen)(Great Value!)
US$118
Hotels.com
Longhouse Lodge Motel(Watkins Glen)
US$115
  • Pool
Budget Inn(Watkins Glen)
US$112
US$100
All reviewshector fallswatkins glenseneca lakemain buildingnew carpetshort walkair conditioningstay there againflat screen tvcabinmotelcampfirewineriesrefrigerator
Reviewed 13 August 2014

If you're looking for a vacation stay w/ proprietors as caring as your own (beloved) brother, you've picked the right place! Jonathon, the family's proprietor on-site, just can't do enough for you. Not only does he check in w/ "How is everything?", every time you step into the office, but when I called to say that I thought I'd left my iPad for work w/ a presentation that I really needed, he couldn't have been kinder or more helpful. "How far away are you now? I could drive halfway & meet you." An incredibly good guy!!

While the family is working to improve on the lodgings' aesthetics, the fire that Jonathon built on clear nights reflected the warmth of this family-owned and operated business. My husband & I sat w/ 5 other guests in their new Adirondack chairs & enjoyed the fire on our 2nd nite. Jonathon was eager to walk us down to the dock to use the canoe (gratis) and the views of the lake and very nearby waterfall truly are quite memorable.

I'll not forget the kindness of their terrific Jonathon; my husband & I have stayed at no less than 100 properties over the years, and I've never met a proprietor as kind, accommodating and truly giving as him... thanks again for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy S
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We made the reservations a little hesitantly, partly because of the price, to be close to our daughter's nearby family. We were hopeful that the reviews we read were "real." We were so pleased with the week we spent at the resort! While the room was on the small side, it was adequate, and it was very comfortable, The bathroom was recently re-done and very clean. There were plenty of towels and pillows and the bed was very comfortable. The room was very clean, and there were plenty of outlets for re-charging. The AC worked well, but I must admit we took a vacation from television and did not watch the tv. We loved sitting on the balcony and watching the lake, the sunsets were often really spectacular. A short ride into Watkins Glen or Burdett found several good places to have breakfast and there are many restaurants nearby. Being on the wine trail was very nice. Having the waterfall there was really wonderful. A bonfire was built each night, but we did not go down, busy days of grandchildren kept us tired! There is also a place to cook out. We look forward to staying there again when we visit our daughter. The couple who own and manage it were very nice and easy to communicate with. They have a block across the entrance which is easy to use once you are registered. (Because the beautiful Hector Falls is right next to the driveway, people try to use their lot for turning around and would fill up the parking.) There is a section of the falls an easy walk down that is visible only to motel guests. We were delighted to have this clean, quiet, friendly place to stay, such a change from most motels.

Room Tip: View of Seneca was good from all the rooms, wifi strong.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nannieof6
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The Fingerlakes Waterfall Resort hotel is not your average hotel. The views are wonderful and Jonathan, the owner, takes great pride in his property. He is very friendly and wants everyone to enjoy the property. The Hector waterfall area is great with hammocks and grill. The internet and flat screen tv has cable which worked great. It is close to Watkins Glen which has several nice restaurants. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We will be staying there again.

Room Tip: The lake front rooms have spectacular views of the lake
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here over 4th of July weekend and we loved it. The owner Jonathan was super friendly and you can tell he loves this place and he and his family are putting their hearts into it. The building is kind of old, but it was very modern and clean inside. They have a fire pit and a few waterfalls on the premises. The view from almost any room is beautiful overlooking lake Seneca. They have a main building and little huts you can stay in. The little huts looked very small, but we stayed in the main building and loved it!

Compared to some other places in the area, this place is very reasonable. The only downfall is that the parking lot is very small and there are no restaurants or snack stands at the place, but we absolutely loved it and will be back for sure!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed here with my boyfriend in late June of 2014. We couldn't believe how close and beautiful the waterfall was. We spent an afternoon by ourselves just lounging by (and in!) the falls. Jonathan was a wonderful host - he set up two perfect hammocks right by the falls, and we definitely enjoyed them. The rooms are a little old school, but they have all of the basic amenities and ours was very clean.

The town is a funky mix of people, and we had a blast visiting Farm Sanctuary. Definitely go, drink wine, enjoy small town life, watch our for deer on the road, and ignore your watch!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple