All reviews watkins glen main building new carpet beautiful waterfall air conditioning stay there again room was clean flat screen tv cabin motel wineries johnathon refrigerator
Reviewed 4 September 2014

Older facility undergoing renovations but the most friendly owners you could ever meet. As stated in other reviews they were willing to help any way they could. The falls were spectacular and you could walk into part of them. I have back issues and Johnathan helped me with our bags. I asked if he would help me the next morning when we were leaving and he asked me what time. He was waiting for me when I opened the door to start leaving! Caring young fellow! If old fashion hospitality is your game then you will find it here.

Room Tip: Back side rooms face the lake.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BoscoW52
Reviewed 14 August 2014

we found the place a really nice place with a GREAT view and super friendly owners.
Johnathan and mary did everything to make our visit fun. they offered FREE use of canoe and row boat. Hectors fall is a close walk. Johnathan offered good suggestions on place to visit and where to go for food and entertainment.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the lake!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bdock55
Reviewed 13 August 2014

If you're looking for a vacation stay w/ proprietors as caring as your own (beloved) brother, you've picked the right place! Jonathon, the family's proprietor on-site, just can't do enough for you. Not only does he check in w/ "How is everything?", every time you step into the office, but when I called to say that I thought I'd left my iPad for work w/ a presentation that I really needed, he couldn't have been kinder or more helpful. "How far away are you now? I could drive halfway & meet you." An incredibly good guy!!

While the family is working to improve on the lodgings' aesthetics, the fire that Jonathon built on clear nights reflected the warmth of this family-owned and operated business. My husband & I sat w/ 5 other guests in their new Adirondack chairs & enjoyed the fire on our 2nd nite. Jonathon was eager to walk us down to the dock to use the canoe (gratis) and the views of the lake and very nearby waterfall truly are quite memorable.

I'll not forget the kindness of their terrific Jonathon; my husband & I have stayed at no less than 100 properties over the years, and I've never met a proprietor as kind, accommodating and truly giving as him... thanks again for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy S
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We made the reservations a little hesitantly, partly because of the price, to be close to our daughter's nearby family. We were hopeful that the reviews we read were "real." We were so pleased with the week we spent at the resort! While the room was on the small side, it was adequate, and it was very comfortable, The bathroom was recently re-done and very clean. There were plenty of towels and pillows and the bed was very comfortable. The room was very clean, and there were plenty of outlets for re-charging. The AC worked well, but I must admit we took a vacation from television and did not watch the tv. We loved sitting on the balcony and watching the lake, the sunsets were often really spectacular. A short ride into Watkins Glen or Burdett found several good places to have breakfast and there are many restaurants nearby. Being on the wine trail was very nice. Having the waterfall there was really wonderful. A bonfire was built each night, but we did not go down, busy days of grandchildren kept us tired! There is also a place to cook out. We look forward to staying there again when we visit our daughter. The couple who own and manage it were very nice and easy to communicate with. They have a block across the entrance which is easy to use once you are registered. (Because the beautiful Hector Falls is right next to the driveway, people try to use their lot for turning around and would fill up the parking.) There is a section of the falls an easy walk down that is visible only to motel guests. We were delighted to have this clean, quiet, friendly place to stay, such a change from most motels.

Room Tip: View of Seneca was good from all the rooms, wifi strong.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nannieof6
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The Fingerlakes Waterfall Resort hotel is not your average hotel. The views are wonderful and Jonathan, the owner, takes great pride in his property. He is very friendly and wants everyone to enjoy the property. The Hector waterfall area is great with hammocks and grill. The internet and flat screen tv has cable which worked great. It is close to Watkins Glen which has several nice restaurants. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We will be staying there again.

Room Tip: The lake front rooms have spectacular views of the lake
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple