Stayed for the first time with a large group and overall we had a great time. The great food, service, and activities helped us overlook an unfortunate check-in mix up. But our sales manager, (Adam) worked very hard overall to meet our groups' needs and did the best with the resources available upon check-in. The staff, overall, was very friendly and accommodating with specific needs/requests including dining and mobility needs for my grandmother. Our wait staff (Angel and Butch) and the maitre'd (Reza) were awesome. The food was great, I ate too much as I was not expecting five course meals every night! The pool area is beautiful, which we all enjoyed very much. The lodge accommodations were great for our groups' needs to be together and keep our kids close. The few from our group that stayed in the hotel were also very happy with their rooms given their specific needs/preferences. As with any place, things happen but when expectations are reasonable, one can overlook certain things and enjoy their vacation. As for many of the other bad reviews I've read, they seem to be off the mark. We are looking forward to next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center is proud to announce that we have just received the Fodor’s Choice 2010 Award. The Awards are given to the "best of the best," in hotel/resort destinations providing remarkable experiences in price range, destination, or category. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Roma Hotel Callicoon
- Hotel Roma
- Villa Roma Resort And Conference Center Catskill Region, New York - Callicoon