Have been going to the VR for over 25 years..Started with my children..now taking my grandchildren..We own three two bedroom time share units. Each is at a different state with regard to furniture and each has its own problems. In my unit, the refrigerator was missing the door racks which hold cans and bottles on the door. The master bedroom door has been sticking for over 5 years..on the positive side.. housekeeping in building 9 was excellent..probably the best we've had in all of our years......Food Service...we had dinner in the Roman Garden..after we placed our order we waited 50 minutes for the food to arrive. We ordered three burgers..all medium..the were server very rare..when we questioned the waitress all she could say was that she placed the order for medium. My daughter ordered a salad with chicken, blue cheese and bacon.. the salad was delivered without the blue cheese or the bacon...when we brought this to the attention of the waitress she returned with a plastic cup with the blue cheese...no bacon. Saturday night at dinner in the main dining room we ordered a bottle of white wine...after the waitress returned three different times telling us that the type of wine that we wanted was unavailable..we settled for a carafe and asked for 8 glasses..she returned with the wine and only 4 glasses stating that there were no other clean glasses available..After our complaining...three additional glasses were found......Building 22..we have friends who stay in building 21 at the upper circle. Each night at around 1:00 - 1:30 pm several families in building 22 have a party..sometimes on the deck of one of the rooms...Music is playing and everyone is having a good time...except the other families that want to sleep. Security is no where to be found..This has been going on for a few years now....Pool Area..for the first few days of the week the hot tub was not working properly...no reason given...Improvements are also needed in the pool area cafeteria..
It's hard to see how Interval International can give this place a 5 star rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center is proud to announce that we have just received the Fodor’s Choice 2010 Award. The Awards are given to the "best of the best," in hotel/resort destinations providing remarkable experiences in price range, destination, or category. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Roma Hotel Callicoon
- Hotel Roma
- Villa Roma Resort And Conference Center Catskill Region, New York - Callicoon