I wanted to start this review with the caveat that the hotel served it's purpose - a relatively clean place to stay for a few days while we attended the wedding of our friend's son. The golf course and function room areas were both very nice and the wedding, reception and food was great. We stayed in the "newer" area of the hotel but the room and nondescript decor was at or below Hotel 6 quality. The walls are thin and we spent a great deal of time listening to the mother next door yell at her out of control kids - to the point where we asked the hotel staff to intervene as this carried on past 12:30 AM. My suggestion would be to place couples or folks without children in an area away from families with young children. There are separate buildings and plenty of rooms and a simple spreadsheet would allow this type of assignment. Children were constantly running up and down the halls, yelling and carrying on, and the unfortunate part is that most of the parents seemed to allow this kind of behavior. Yes we get it, it's a family oriented facility, but it should not be advertised as a "resort" or a romantic getaway by any stretch. There seemed to be many hard-working blue-collar families there with the kids and for them, the place is probably a Shangri-La since they don't seem to be the types who travel much or to more sophisticated venues. As the choice hotel for the wedding guests in our party however, (and apparently a resort large enough for business conventions), this facility will always attract an uncomfortable mix of more experienced travelers and those folks who seemingly come back to this place year after year for some as of yet inexplicable reason.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center is proud to announce that we have just received the Fodor’s Choice 2010 Award. The Awards are given to the "best of the best," in hotel/resort destinations providing remarkable experiences in price range, destination, or category. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Roma Hotel Callicoon
- Hotel Roma
- Villa Roma Resort And Conference Center Catskill Region, New York - Callicoon