“Great food......great family fun!”

Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Callicoon
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This was our first stay at Villa Roma. We got the meal plan and it was well worth it. The food is great and there is ALOT of it. Our wait staff was extremely attentive and catered to our every need. In fact, they even returned my diamond tennis bracelet that fell off under our table. The main building was updated and very clean. However, our room was a different story. We stayed in a traditional room and it was in desperate need of an update. There was a pigtail light screwed into a piece of wood on the wall for additional light. The outlet was near the floor so the cord was hanging down. Not so safe with an infant. Definitely a family oriented resort with things to do inside and out. It's a good trip to do for 3-5 days. We will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the lodge which was quiet but the room needed updating.
4  Thank Cristan M

Reviewed 25 August 2014

So happy Villa Roma is a part of lives. We have been going for over 30 years and it is so great that our whole family - three generations enjoys it every year! There is something for everyone, shows, dancing, music, pools - it brings the whole family together

Reviewed 25 August 2014

i have been going to Villa Roma for over 15 years with my family and more recently with my friends. The food the entertaimnent every night, a beautiful golf course and skiing in the winter. P There is so much to do
I was there july 4th week, they had a flash flood, the pool was filled with mud. With in a day and a half they had three of the four pools in operation. They had tanker trucks with treated pool water to fill the pools. The other part of Villa Roma was in full operation with the exception of the bumper boats and paddle boats. i would definitely recommend Villa Roma for a vacation.
Pat C and family

Room Tip: I persoally like the Ernesto building
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pat C
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I went to the Villa Roma on the suggestion of a work college and I'm still thanking him. As a police officer I never get a moment's rest, but that all stopped the minute I checked in at the time share office at the Villa Roma. The people were extremely nice and helpful, and the manager went out of her way to greet each guest. My wife and I got to our room (which was more like a house) and were immediately at ease. Everything was clean, the staff let us know they were at the ready for anything we needed, they really made us feel special. The pool was our favorite. Relaxing poolside, being served drinks; it doesn't get better than that! We were especially impressed when half way through our week in our time share rental, the manager, Carol, called our room to see how we were enjoying ourselves and if there was anything she could do for us. In all of my years of travel, I have never had that happen! That is truly hospitality! My wife and I will definitely be coming back as soon as I have more vacation time. We loved it!

Room Tip: The time share units were great. Very spacious for families or for couples who just like to spread o...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Joel M
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We have been visiting the Villa Roma each winter for fifteen years, and we will continue to make this our annual getaway. We are a couple with children and usually take this trip as our "alone time," but we have taken the kids with us now and then. I must say that we enjoy the family vacation as much as we do the romantic retreat this resort provides us. This year, we left the kiddies at home to take advantage of the beautiful scenery, incredible skiing (which we spend about half the vacation engaging in and have not found another ski resort upstate that matches our enjoyment of their runs and other winter activities - ice-skating, tobogganing, brisk walks through the well-kept grounds) and more upscale dining then we enjoy with the children. We find the service at the Villa Roma top-notch, friendly and accommodating as well as prompt. We are planning a summer trip this year with the kids and have decided to return to our favorite vacation spot for our first summer experience. The rooms are always clean and well-maintained, and the resorts renovations and additions have only improved our enjoyment of this establishment. We look forward to using the fantastic pool.

Whenever asked where the best place to vacation in the winter is, we always recommend the Villa Roma to friends and family, with and without children. No matter how many years pass, We still love the atmosphere, family feeling and experience that this resort offers above any others.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JodiandMort
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I visited the Villa Roma over the 4th of July week. The fireworks show was amazing, it could easily rival any of the big guys. I found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating, even telling me about local history. My room was spotless (even the bathroom, which most hotels just wipe down) and housekeeping kept me in fresh towels my entire visit. My husband fell in love with the golf course, ensuring our return. Overall, I found the Villa Roma to be a very welcoming, warm place. They treat you like family and their goal is for you to relax and have a good time. I couldn't ask for more than that!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank MichelleandJustin
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I have been coming here for 30 yrs along with many other family members. We have always been in building 5. In this time only minor replacements have occurred like tv's ,curtains etc. We continue to have the same kitchen cabinets and appliances (gross) ,bathroom the same ( mold in corners and walls) broken toilet for the last 4 yrs and screen door also broken for about 6.this place is complete FILT. ,!!! Giving this a 1 star rating is far too much. I won't walk bare foot anywhere in this unit or building. It smells it's filthy and so old. If I went away somewhere and found what I find here every year I would refuse to stay there and and right a very long letter. It's embarrassing to bring anyone here. We have sat to spoke to management over the years, wrote letters and followed up with phone calls. None of these have changed anything. Stay far away from this place, there are much better resorts out there!! I will be posting pictures and video of this disgusting resort. The nightclub still has red carpet on the walls and ripped and broken chairs every where. Still the same since the 70's

Room Tip: Don't be fooled by pictures and advertisements , this place is filthy. The only nice part is lob...
7  Thank lindasic25
Also consider these accommodations in or near Callicoon
Best Western Monticello
Kenoza Lake View Manor
Kenoza Lake View Manor
#1 of 1 in Kenoza Lake
Schrute Farms

Been to Villa Roma Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!