“Was Better as Cross Roads”
Review of Cinco De Mayo - CLOSED

Cinco De Mayo
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Well It is not good when you don't have staple items that you advertise as Authentic and unique. My dad wanted the Pig ear tacos...We were told they were out. The feel of the place was not good not welcoming at all. The Food was ok but did not blow me away. The decor was very cold and made me not want to return. I had high hopes for the place the server did not offer a dessert menu we had to ask. Seemed like we were being rushed but yet the place was empty. Would I go back NO.

1  Thank Mike P

Reviewed 10 March 2013

I think the restaurant is relatively new, so I understand it takes a little time to work out the kinks. I hope they do it soon though, because every single dish was delicious. The dining room is incredibly sparse. They could use just a little more decor to make the large room feel less cavernous. But the worst part was the service. We waited a very long time for everything and had to ask multiple times to get things like more water and a soda. They just need more waitstaff and some better training. But I can't say it enough that the food really is fantastic!

Reviewed 16 January 2013

My wife and I and our good friends enjoyed a 3 hour dinner here this past Saturday. We ordered quite a variety, tacos, burritos, enchiladas, tamales, fresh guacamole, and tostadas... all of the food was fantastic. This is not Meson Ole... this is real Mexican food!
The waiter was very attentive, and the owner stopped by and chatted with us to ask us our opinions. There were a few bad reviews here, but the service was great as well as the food. They are getting their act together if there were some previous issues.
The tables are not on top of each other, so you're not eating with the people next to you, the music was playing, but not overbearing. They do not have a liquor license yet, so BYOB.. the bill was very reasonable, and I would highly recommend you give
Cinco De Mayo a try. We will be back, and hope you enjoy this restaurant as much as we did! BTW, everyone else seemed to be having a good time as well!!!

2  Thank JimMcC58
Reviewed 11 January 2013

My take on this experience:

I can honestly say I was very pleasantly surprised by my visit. The food is probably the most authentic Mexican food I have eaten on the East Coast. There have been many that have proclaimed to be authentic yet fell very short of the mark from my memory of Oaxaca, Michoacán, and even Tecate in the North. Here they came very close. (Most New Englanders wouldn't come back if the food was completely authentic). As far as the service. It was very good. Admitted that most of the waitstaff speak Spanish and not much English, but one is eating in a Mexican restaurant. How much English do they really need to know. The only missing element was the cerveza. There wasn't any as they have only been open a short time and they have not yet acquired their liquor license. I look forward to returning again when they do. Wow ... Tacitos Pastor y cerveza! maybe a touch of lime...

This is their description...

The Cinco de Mayo Restaurant dishes up a variety of tasty meals which includes everything from tasty breakfasts that will fill you up and have you on your way fast, to hearty meals that are perfect for curing any craving for flavor. Try tasty creations like the always popular Huevos Rancheros or Pancakes, or dive in to a filling meal of Huevos Con Chorizos. Then, stop by later and dine on tempting dishes like the Chalupas, a huge variety of tacos and a variety of authentic entrées including the Camarones a la Mexicana (shrimp, rice and beans) or the Pollo with white wine, chives and mustard. Everything at this eatery is made from the freshest and highest quality ingredients and food is always served with a smile, which makes it the perfect place to go when craving a great meal, friendly service and a welcoming ambiance.

4  Thank themackae