“weekend dinner visit”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Twomey Avenue
Description: The Cooperage Inn takes great pride in serving the freshest fish, meats and local produce available. Sauces are expertly prepared on premise by our chefs. The name "Cooperage Inn" comes from the craft of coopering, which goes back a few centuries, when it was the major method of packaging. We are located in the Long Island Wine region. Wine makers have always relied on the skills of the Village Cooper to store and age their wines.
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We stopped here after a long day of wine tasting and had the Long Island duck. Very tasty. Service was excellent. We sat outside by their fireplace and the atmosphere was relaxed and casual.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Cooperage Inn really knows how to take care of their guest and giving them the best Sunday Brunch you can have...really felt happy and satisfied! I guess that's why they won being for the best brunch 7yrs straight! Keep up the great work. My only wish is that the room where the buffet magic is displayed would be set up in a larger room instead. It was filled with so many people holding plates of food it felt like rush hour at Penn Station:-) By no means where the people not nice or didn't say excuse me...it was just crowded. The food was fresh and yummy, so tempting to the eyes that everyone in the room looked like little kids at a candy store. My omlette was made perfectly to my liking(hey kudos to the chef who needed to cheer up more)...he made perfect tasting omlettes without spilling a single morsel. The breakfast items were all really yummy especially the sausages(nice and juicy) and the eggs benedict(loved the perfect poached eggs done). Everything was tasty and hot on the lunch side...and even noticed that some items were added later on when I went back for my second serving. Not good for my diet but who cares about that on the weekend?haha The desserts were all delish and plenty to choose from. The service we got was top-notched even when it was so busy. We had a wonderful time and high praises for the hostess(don't know her name) for giving us a great table in the patio. She was oh so sweet and kind to suggest we might like it out there since we were hoping for a nice table to celebrate our special occasion. Such great service makes us want to come back again and again...keep up the great work Cooperage Inn.

Overall a great deal of a buffet brunch with tasty food, great selections and service. A must try even though a long drive from Nassau County. Just can't get that kind of stuff anymore out here in Nassau County...truly a wonderful country brunch buffet at its finest!!!

Happy Eating and I'll see ya at the next Sunday Brunch Buffet if my diet allows me again!

2  Thank lejaceman
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Food is horrible. Always give a restaurant a 2nd chance this one we gave 3x and all 3x horrible. Even the salad was horrible. Sorry for the put down, but its the truth.

2  Thank Shato296
perkolator1, Owner at Cooperage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2014

Really??? Hard to believe, sorry

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Lovely wholesome food and a good varied menu in the middle of Wine country. A little pricey but nice for a treat and break from the standard diner/ chain restaurant fare.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This is a wonderful restaurant. It is "classy casual" I would say. Dress nicely, but you won't have to worry about any pretense here. The food is really good and the service is excellent. I would recommend the Sunday brunch more than anything else. The lunches and dinners are delicious, but there is just something almost magical about the brunch. Make reservations when you can....especially during the fall season.

The only reason why I give it 4 stars instead of 5 is because the menu rarely changes and there is a huge lack of vegetarian entrees....let alone vegan ones. It would be nice if the menu included something along the lines of a quinoa dish. Other than that, the Cooperage Inn is near perfection.