“Schoolhouse Pizza...STAY AWAY!”

Whipple City Pizza
Ranked #9 of 13 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Absolutely horrible pizza, but worse part was the 45.00 bill for a large pizza and 10 wings. I called placing a to-go order, not having menu or having been there before, I simply ordered a large pizza with half extra cheese and half supreme. The woman who answered replied with a list of ingredients, that usually consists of supreme pizza, I agreed with the list and completed my order. When I went to pick up the pizza and she handed me my 45.00 receipt I asked why so expensive. She explained that each topping is charged individually. I explained I didn't understand that and wasn't told that when I placed the order over the phone. She pointed to a menu on the wall and says "It's your problem because the menu is right there." in a very snarky and rude tone. The debate over the bill continued until my frustration had reached its limits and I had to leave, still purchasing the pizza (only becaue I promised my daughter we could have pizza for dinner). So in hope of some resolution I proceeded to call the store and talk to a manager, hoping and assuming they would be a little more understanding and professionalism. I was dead wrong. The manager only followed suit with it wasn't her fault. No refund, no apologies for the confusion, simply attitude with the lack of caring for customer service. As for the pizza itself, soggy and toppings all just fell off. So my recommendation if your in Cambridge looking for pizza, stop at the local grocery store (or even Stewarts on the other side of the parking lot) and pick up a frozen pizza, you won't only break the bank but you will also be more satisfied with the quality.

6  Thank nsanechef
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Not sure if they are all related - but we ate at Whipple City Pizza in Schuylerville and the girls bent over backwards to serve us. The food was descent - the ambiance a bit to be desired. But you need to consider where it is. We showed up at 8:55pm and the young ladies serviced us with a smile and didn't rush us out the door. Thanks for a great dinner and excellent service. We will be back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 4 October 2011

We ordered our pizza to go in the shop and had a seat to wait. About thirty minutes later we asked about our food and they asked what we ordered. As it turned out our pizza had been ready for a while and when I asked how long all I got was attitude. Pizza was OK, toppings are priced individually, so a 5 tppping special gets mo price break.

3  Thank Stevorama