All reviews the main house garden room red cow fresh fruit salad one night delicious cooked breakfast little touches b and b veggie sausages comfortable bed beautiful cottage bottled water the wi fi thought of everything powerful shower overnight stop set us up for the day
Reviewed 12 June 2018

Stayed just the one night at the Yew Tree to attend a function nearby. Just perfect! An oasis amongst all the local caravan sites, a short stroll through the one behind takes you to the beach road where you simply take any of the paths down to the sands.

Lovely cottage style bedrooms, breakfast room and lounge/sitting area. Also delightful garden to enjoy where the actual yew tree is! Especially enjoyed local produce offered on breakfast menu.

Anne and her husband are most welcoming and knowledgeable hosts, I was so comfortable here that wished could stay longer and fully intend to another time!

Room tip: Mine overlooking garden was nice,
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 31 May 2018

We are getting married in Brean, as we live out of the area we have had to attend church once a month for 6 months, therefore we wanted somewhere central and reasonably priced during visits, Yew tree house ticks all the boxes.
We discovered this beautiful cottage by accident, it is in a fabulous location with a walled garden to the rear of the property. We have now stopped here on 4 occasions since October 2017. All of the rooms we have stopped in have been clean and very comfortable. All rooms come with complimentary tea , coffee, biscuits, chocolates which are replenished daily. There are plenty of crisp white towels in the bathrooms along with complimentary body washes and shampoos. The breakfast menu is fabulous,: fresh fruit salad, yogurt, a good choice of cereals, locally produced varitiy of fruit juices, and locally produced jams and honey, a very tasty well presented full English breakfast, or breakfast sandwiches, or continental if you prefer. Nothing is too much trouble. We have got another trip planned for July I really can't wait..
Yew tree house is also in the perfect location, close to Brean, Berrow, Burnham and Weston super mare. There is also parking to front and rear of the cottage.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

I had read the reviews before booking so was really looking forward to staying here for the night. Unfortunately I was left a little flattened. Upon arrival the lady that sort of welcomed us was "very too the point" and "matter of fact" which made us feel somewhat uncomfortable. There was a very strange dampy smell going up the stairs to our room and once in the room we were told about how to use the bins and not to have a takeaway in the room or we would be asked to leave! Really do not know why this was mentioned to us as we are a middle aged couple that would rather go and find the local pub for a few drinks than sit in the room all night. The room was so hot we had the windows opened but had the noise of some sort of flue going on and off all through the night, with the security light on and off lighting the room. In room 3 the table lamps were glowing through the night even though switched off. This needs looking into as it is a leakage current. We did not have time to talk to the owners about this at the time, we had to head home. Breakfast was nice and probably will not stay again.

Room tip: Not room 3 and Wi-Fi hit and miss
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2018

it was a pleasure to stay at this small b and b, stayed in room 2 which was very clean, breakfast was cooked fresh, Anne made the stay very pleasant,location was superb, hope to return very soon, thanks Anne

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank PBanner
YewTree-House, Owner at Yew Tree House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Thank you for your lovely room we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

Stayed in garden room 6. Lovely very large comfy bed, decor and bathroom. However, the strong stench of a musty damp smell hit us as soon as we entered the room to the extent we both developed a headache within minutes. After a couple of hours trying to air the room with the doors open and the smell persisting we resorted to purchasing a foam carpet freshener at a local store and spraying the carpet with it in an effort to rid us of the smell... which though masked it a little the smell remained. There was no damp or mould anywhere, in fact the room was spotless and decor well maintained, but suspect it was caused by over soaking/shampooing the cream carpet (which would obviously need cleaning regularly being in a garden room) and the underlay remaining damp taking longer to dry. Advertised as WiFi and tv in rooms but actually no WiFi in garden rooms and my tablet was larger than the TV.. which pixalated and froze on all channels. Owner did manage to get BBC 1 to work after fiddling with it for some time blaming the previous guests often messing with the tuning but still could not get any other channels. Since you'd need binoculars to actually see the tv and you'd have to stand nose up to the screen to read the TV listing guide, it was pretty pointless anyway, as was not comfortably viewed from the bed or chair. Cooked breakfast was delicious with ample choice of cereals, fruit etc. Shame really as the room itself was beautiful and spotless leading on to a gorgeous garden but not worth the £75 paid for one night with the issues we had and so, unfortunately, we won't be staying again.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorraine W

I am really sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and will not be coming back. I am always disappointed when this happens and can only apologise to you.

I am not sure what caused the musty smell and must admit I was unaware of it. I am now aware so will check that room carefully and ensure it is aired well if as you suggest the underlay could be damp. I would have offered you a room in the house if you had told me. I appreciate that the television not working was a major issue for you. The problem with the television must have been related to the signal from aerial because when I went to check the television the next day all channels were working and I had done nothing. The WiFi in the garden rooms is weak we do state this on our web site but I know other sites may not make it clear.