“exceptional”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canajoharie
The Pineapple House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Canajoharie B&B and Inns
Newton, Massachusetts
“exceptional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2010

I can not think of one single negative comment about this Inn or my stay .I am a true believer that guardian angels exist. Janine and Bill Nelson are proof. It was a blessing when my car died on the thruway near Canajoharie otherwise I would never have come to know about the Pineapple House or the wonderful caring hospitality of the owners.My car had to be emptied of suitcases from a trip to Canada and Rochester N.Y as well as all the other paraphernalia I had in the trunk including new floor mats etc. Janine graciously drove me to the vehicle in the pouring rain to clean out the vehicle.I was treated as a family member with open arms and a glass of wine... very much appreciated after a harrowing experience. Exceptional Inn! Exceptional owners!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2010

There are people who are doing EXACTLY what they are meant to do in life and Bill and Janine Nelson are two of them. They are the best hosts ever. We LOVED every bit of our visit - I can't recommend staying at Pineapple House enough.

Bill and Janine have thought of everything. They have a lovely home. Our room was beautiful. Great flat screen TV, air conditioning, (both never a given at B&Bs!) and nice thick carpet to deaden sound. Terrific bathroom equipped with everything a traveler on her bicycle might have forgotten or neglected to carry. Breakfast was delicious.

Pineapple house is a wonderful getaway. If you have reason to be in Canajoharie - STAY HERE!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Amherst, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2010

Lucky to find this gem with a Google search of the area. Two beautiful rooms, great breakfast and wonderful innkeepers. If you find yourself in the area with a need to stop I would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Miami Lakes, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2010

My father was born and raised in Canajoharie, NY. When he passed away and we needed a place to have a small luncheon to honor him after his funeral. Bill and Janine Nelson and the Pineapple House came to the rescue. The Pineapple House is a gem of a small B&B in the Canajoharie area. It is located close to the NY Thruway and an easy commute to the surrounding areas of interest.

The rooms and bathroom are big and clean and there is a very nice public area for watching TV and relaxing. The back yard is delightful and inviting. In honor of full disclosure I did not stay at the B&B but did tour the inn. I can say that next time I am in the area and need a place to stay the Pineapple House will be my destination!

Bill and Janine are so warm and friendly. They make conversation easy and fun. I can't rave about breakfast like previous reviewers because I haven't stayed there but I have tasted their cooking and it was marvelous.

Give the Pineapple House a try, you won't be sorry!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Molins de Rei, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2010

I think I have no words to explain our experience,of course in the most positive sense. It was our first B&B experience in Canajoharie with Bill and Janine,and it was great. Pineapple house is a very nice house in a small town,and Bill and Janine are such a great people,their hospitality make us feel at home,and we were really far away from our home in Spain.We travelled with a child, and Janine and Bill as granparents they were so kind with him and they gave him some child stuff to play and stay a portacrib...
In resume,the only negative thing of our stay was that it was too short,we spend just one night in our way to niagara..and we wanted to stay more...

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2010

Most of us have never heard of Canajoharie, NY. But, if you're reading this review, it's probably because you're looking for someplace to stay in the area. Well, LOOK NO FURTHER! Bill & Janine Nelson have done a fabulous job renovating their home, but that's only the start. You will not find more congenial hosts, anywhere! Furthermore, their breakfasts are out of this world. On our first morning, we came downstairs to find a freshly-made "frittata" on the stove. Fruit, juice, donuts, etc. topped of the breakfast (and I would have been happy with a bowl of cereal!). The next day, they made us crepes with some sort of imported fruit "jelly" inside, and heavy whipped cream on the top, among other things. Anyway, are you getting the picture? My wife is usually pretty fussy about where we stay, because we travel a lot and we get very tired because of our vocation. She loved it here. And the price very reasonable --- in fact, lower than most, but without sacrificing any quality! I would say that the only negative would be that if you're traveling with a large group, this isn't the place. The Nelsons have two rooms available, so it's perfect for a couple or a family.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2009

We spent the night at The Pineapple House B&B in Canajoharie.
We wished that we could have stayed longer.
The owners, Bill & Janine Nelson, are lovely people, and extremely familiar with local history.
Their B&B is like a home away from home.
You will love the breakfasts, the comfortable surroundings as well as the hospitality of your hosts.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canajoharie
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Johnstown
#1 of 2 in Amsterdam
The Overlook Mansion
The Overlook Mansion
#1 of 4 in Little Falls

Been to The Pineapple House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!