“This motel was a pleasant surprise!”
Review of Miami Resort Motel

Miami Resort Motel
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Canandaigua
Amherst, New York
“This motel was a pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My daughter and I were coming to Canandaigua to ski at Bristol Mountain on Saturday Feb. 15 and wanted a room for the night. I searched the internet and there was not a room to be found anywhere in Canandaigua. The Miami Resort Motel came up in my search and said call for info. which I did. I spoke to Valerie, one of the owners, who said they had just had a cancellation for a room with one queen size bed. I said I would take it. I had my doubts about this motel, the name seeming a little tacky. I looked it up on tripadvisor and it sounded ok so I went for it. Well, I must say I was pleasantly surprised! We showed up around 2pm Saturday and was greeted extremely well by Valerie who was very friendly and sweet. She gave us the "Hollywood room". The whole place has a very 70's vintage feel to it. We were taken to our room which was impeccably clean. I told Valerie it was one of the cleanest rooms I had ever stayed in, and it was the truth. It was spotless! Granted it was old, there were some cracked tiles and needed a few repairs but it was clean! The bed was wonderful! Very new and comfortable with spotless linens and very comfortable pillows and comforters. We were very comfortable in this room. There was coffee, fruit, bagels, and other goodies in the lobby for breakfast with lovely trays for you to carry your food to your room. I was VERY impressed with this room. The only issue I had with it was the heating system which was some sort of hot water pipe system, from a past era. It kept the room lovely and warm but it was noisy. You could hear water running through the pipes. If you are looking for an ultra-modern, up-to date, mass-produced hotel room then this is not the place for you. If you are looking for a clean, comfortable friendly place to stay in a great location in Canandaigua give them a try. I don't think you will be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Debbie B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Reviewed 14 February 2014

What a GREAT place! Stayed overnight in a motel room w/ Jacuzzi. Not a bungalow. VERY clean. Was there on a cold winter night and it was very cozy and romantic with the jacuzzi in the room. And, it's a real decent jacuzzi... not the "fake" bathtub kind that masquerade as a jacuzzi, lol. Everything in working order and new looking. Nice touches w/ real coffee, fresh fruit in room, biscotti. Wine glasses on table. Nothing "fancy" really just very "thoughtful" and well "thought out". Trendy, cute decor. Very hospitable owners.

I would go again in a heartbeat and is great for a romantic overnight for two. The only downside is something they probably can't help. The rooms are very noisy. The walls seem paper thin. The voices and T.V. from the neighbors is very audible. The water pipes click and creak and some road/car noise is heard.

Make sure you bring earplugs if you're a sensitive sleeper. Perhaps the bungalows would be different. I would love to visit again and check them out too! VERY VERY nice alternative to the usual.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Molly K
Reviewed 27 January 2014

The owner met us and welcomed us, she was very friendly. My husband and I were sharing a room with my parents. The room we ended up getting was really 2 separate rooms with a queen bed. The beds were only separated by a thin wall, but there is a door that locks(if needed). You will need to go through the other room to have access to the bathroom and the mini fridge and microwave and mini coffee maker. But was not a big deal. The supplies for the coffee was amazing and so not normally seen in. I was very impressed. Plenty of towels and hot water. OH there even was a small drive way in front of our door for 1 car. The heat is done by water heat just FYI. Bed was comfortable and was given extra blankets without any problems. Will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ellen E
Ludlow, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Very nice place to stay! We were upgraded to a king jacuzzi bungalow for no extra charge because the owner (Valerie) is trying to get the word out about these rooms. All I can say is WOW! The room was magnificent! Very clean, very well lit, very warm, the jacuzzi was great, & the bed was ssssooooo comfy!! Almost forgot to mention the carport attached to your room. We are planning a trip there again in March & will be reserving a king bungalow. A great place to stay if you are heading to the Canandaigua NY area! AAAAAA++++++++ FIRST RATE!!! Amy & Patrick From Ludlow PA.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Amy3975
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Second time for us and again, a wonderful stay! We arrived just after the snow storm, the temperature was particularly cold, the owner had some concerns about the room we booked so we ended out in the king amazing bungalow with a really nice retro design, spacious, warm, comfy, cosy, with indoor and outdoor place, simply amazing, incredibly clean with multiple towels, quite unique place with wonderful owners, we recommend it 100%! Rom

Room Tip: In winter choose a room with Jacuzzi!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Sharpsville, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Got there a bit late, but was checked right in and personally shown to our rooms. Very nice rooms that were very clean and well lit. Very nice staff and atmosphere. It was a very cold November night and the heat was welcomed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephan C
New York
Reviewed 25 November 2013

2nd time we have stayed here and once again it was a very nice stay.
We needed 2 rooms as we were attending a funeral for my mother in law and had another out of town guest with us. We were greeted with a smile and luckily 2 rooms were available. Both were very nice and clean and had all the little extras that makes this Motel an American classic. Very cool interior and nice touches make this "THE" place to stay in Canandaigua. We stay in allot of Motel rooms as we travel fairly often and do overnights. I wish every stay could be as nice as the Miami. Nice touches include plenty of towels and washcloths. Towels were folded in a fan design. Heck even the toilet paper is folded in a fan shape. A very comfortable bed and most everything you need is provided even a hairdryer. Made a sad trip a little more bearable. I also accidently left my Mp3 player behind. After they located it they offered to mail it out to us. We picked it up a few days later as we were in the area. Very nice and hard working people run the Miami. I wish them the best!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canandaigua
Holiday Inn Express Canandaigua - Finger Lakes
Super 8 Canandaigua
Super 8 Canandaigua
#4 of 12 in Canandaigua
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Canandaigua

Been to Miami Resort Motel? Share your experiences!