“A Must!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Miami Resort Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Canandaigua
Miami Resort Motel
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Canandaigua
Syracuse, New York
“A Must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

For someone who is looking for a unique getaway this is the place.By far the cleanest and extreme attention to detail I've seen.When I say clean ,places like Marriott,Hilton,Four Seasons etc should take a lesson from this place.We stayed in #12 King Bungalow that has Jacuzzi and a lot of character.I have to say that when we drove up I started to second guess my decision to stay here due to the exterior which has not been redone yet.The owners Valerie & Dennis hit it on the head when it comes to thinking outside the box creating a motel that has unique decor in every room.The rooms are by far the best in Canandaigua.This is a perfect example on how to not judge a book by it's cover.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank danieljdelaney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

We stayed here for my husband's birthday. The outside is very unimpressive but worked well because I was surprising him and claimed we needed to stop and ask for directions to a restaurant. He was so shocked when instead we got a key to a jacuzzi suite. Everything looked just like all the pictures. We stayed in the blue and green room. The price was great! We got a map upon check in and decided on the office restaurant which was delicious. The motel was a little off the beaten path but still convenient driving to everything we wanted.

Our room was a just right size. The wi-fi worked great, nice flat screen TV, there was a fridge for our leftovers/beverages we brought. I requested coffee service upon reservation and that was set up for us in our room along with biscotti and a fruit bowl, since it was Halloween they even had candy! The bathroom was quite large! There was some noise from the road but it was manageable.

Our stay would have been perfect...BUT someone checked into the orange room next door quite late 1am? and they were really loud, possibly drunk. They had loud sex-awkward! then you could hear their jacuzzi, worse was the sounds when it drained, super loud gurgling then the couple proceeded to argue. I tried to drown them out with the bathroom fan but I got little to no sleep. They really need to improve soundproofing in the rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank wrightbros360
Amherst, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

My daughter and I were coming to Canandaigua to ski at Bristol Mountain on Saturday Feb. 15 and wanted a room for the night. I searched the internet and there was not a room to be found anywhere in Canandaigua. The Miami Resort Motel came up in my search and said call for info. which I did. I spoke to Valerie, one of the owners, who said they had just had a cancellation for a room with one queen size bed. I said I would take it. I had my doubts about this motel, the name seeming a little tacky. I looked it up on tripadvisor and it sounded ok so I went for it. Well, I must say I was pleasantly surprised! We showed up around 2pm Saturday and was greeted extremely well by Valerie who was very friendly and sweet. She gave us the "Hollywood room". The whole place has a very 70's vintage feel to it. We were taken to our room which was impeccably clean. I told Valerie it was one of the cleanest rooms I had ever stayed in, and it was the truth. It was spotless! Granted it was old, there were some cracked tiles and needed a few repairs but it was clean! The bed was wonderful! Very new and comfortable with spotless linens and very comfortable pillows and comforters. We were very comfortable in this room. There was coffee, fruit, bagels, and other goodies in the lobby for breakfast with lovely trays for you to carry your food to your room. I was VERY impressed with this room. The only issue I had with it was the heating system which was some sort of hot water pipe system, from a past era. It kept the room lovely and warm but it was noisy. You could hear water running through the pipes. If you are looking for an ultra-modern, up-to date, mass-produced hotel room then this is not the place for you. If you are looking for a clean, comfortable friendly place to stay in a great location in Canandaigua give them a try. I don't think you will be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Debbie B
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

What a GREAT place! Stayed overnight in a motel room w/ Jacuzzi. Not a bungalow. VERY clean. Was there on a cold winter night and it was very cozy and romantic with the jacuzzi in the room. And, it's a real decent jacuzzi... not the "fake" bathtub kind that masquerade as a jacuzzi, lol. Everything in working order and new looking. Nice touches w/ real coffee, fresh fruit in room, biscotti. Wine glasses on table. Nothing "fancy" really just very "thoughtful" and well "thought out". Trendy, cute decor. Very hospitable owners.

I would go again in a heartbeat and is great for a romantic overnight for two. The only downside is something they probably can't help. The rooms are very noisy. The walls seem paper thin. The voices and T.V. from the neighbors is very audible. The water pipes click and creak and some road/car noise is heard.

Make sure you bring earplugs if you're a sensitive sleeper. Perhaps the bungalows would be different. I would love to visit again and check them out too! VERY VERY nice alternative to the usual.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Molly K
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

The owner met us and welcomed us, she was very friendly. My husband and I were sharing a room with my parents. The room we ended up getting was really 2 separate rooms with a queen bed. The beds were only separated by a thin wall, but there is a door that locks(if needed). You will need to go through the other room to have access to the bathroom and the mini fridge and microwave and mini coffee maker. But was not a big deal. The supplies for the coffee was amazing and so not normally seen in. I was very impressed. Plenty of towels and hot water. OH there even was a small drive way in front of our door for 1 car. The heat is done by water heat just FYI. Bed was comfortable and was given extra blankets without any problems. Will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ellen E
Ludlow, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

Very nice place to stay! We were upgraded to a king jacuzzi bungalow for no extra charge because the owner (Valerie) is trying to get the word out about these rooms. All I can say is WOW! The room was magnificent! Very clean, very well lit, very warm, the jacuzzi was great, & the bed was ssssooooo comfy!! Almost forgot to mention the carport attached to your room. We are planning a trip there again in March & will be reserving a king bungalow. A great place to stay if you are heading to the Canandaigua NY area! AAAAAA++++++++ FIRST RATE!!! Amy & Patrick From Ludlow PA.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Amy3975
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Second time for us and again, a wonderful stay! We arrived just after the snow storm, the temperature was particularly cold, the owner had some concerns about the room we booked so we ended out in the king amazing bungalow with a really nice retro design, spacious, warm, comfy, cosy, with indoor and outdoor place, simply amazing, incredibly clean with multiple towels, quite unique place with wonderful owners, we recommend it 100%! Rom

Room Tip: In winter choose a room with Jacuzzi!