“Love it!”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Canandaigua
Long Beach Island, New Jersey
“Love it!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We have stayed here several times over the past three years and it just gets better and better--and it was just fine to start with. Owners Valerie & Dennis are over-the-top accommodating and pleasant--totally dedicated to the property and making sure you have a great experience there. Each room has a 50's Miami feel and you will be totally transfixed by the decor. The details in each room are perfect. Each room is absolutely spotless and spacious. Always a terrific experience and it never disappoints. Also, it has the most reasonable rates of any place around, even in season. P.S. Although coffee and parties are available in the morning in the motel lobby, go to the Lafayette Restaurant a couple of miles down the road for breakfast. An outstanding complement to your excellent stay at the Miami Motel.

Room Tip: The jacuzzi suites are well worth the price. Ask for the one with the kitchen if you are staying a...
1 Thank Ella923

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Holley, NY
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our first stay was last year in August. This time we stayed two nights. Two different rooms. Both rooms were spotless clean. If your looking for the ritz carlton this is not your place BUT if your looking for clean, comfortable beds, friendly service and plenty of towels this is your place. We ended up having two different rooms because of our planning. They fill up quickly and make your reservations early.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 24 May 2014

An absolutely delightful motel with amazingly nice owners!

This motel is newly renovated and continuing to upgrade but still keeps it mid-century aesthetic. It is a blast from the past that is absolutly refreshing. You still get all the modern amenities that you expect from your lodging (cable TV, refrigerator, microwave, free continental breakfast, clean room, etc.) but with a charm that is sorely lacking at most chain establishments.

Do yourself a favor and give this small, family owned business a try!

1 Thank NYSpon
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 13 April 2014

For someone who is looking for a unique getaway this is the place.By far the cleanest and extreme attention to detail I've seen.When I say clean ,places like Marriott,Hilton,Four Seasons etc should take a lesson from this place.We stayed in #12 King Bungalow that has Jacuzzi and a lot of character.I have to say that when we drove up I started to second guess my decision to stay here due to the exterior which has not been redone yet.The owners Valerie & Dennis hit it on the head when it comes to thinking outside the box creating a motel that has unique decor in every room.The rooms are by far the best in Canandaigua.This is a perfect example on how to not judge a book by it's cover.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank danieljdelaney
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We stayed here for my husband's birthday. The outside is very unimpressive but worked well because I was surprising him and claimed we needed to stop and ask for directions to a restaurant. He was so shocked when instead we got a key to a jacuzzi suite. Everything looked just like all the pictures. We stayed in the blue and green room. The price was great! We got a map upon check in and decided on the office restaurant which was delicious. The motel was a little off the beaten path but still convenient driving to everything we wanted.

Our room was a just right size. The wi-fi worked great, nice flat screen TV, there was a fridge for our leftovers/beverages we brought. I requested coffee service upon reservation and that was set up for us in our room along with biscotti and a fruit bowl, since it was Halloween they even had candy! The bathroom was quite large! There was some noise from the road but it was manageable.

Our stay would have been perfect...BUT someone checked into the orange room next door quite late 1am? and they were really loud, possibly drunk. They had loud sex-awkward! then you could hear their jacuzzi, worse was the sounds when it drained, super loud gurgling then the couple proceeded to argue. I tried to drown them out with the bathroom fan but I got little to no sleep. They really need to improve soundproofing in the rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wrightbros360
Amherst, New York
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My daughter and I were coming to Canandaigua to ski at Bristol Mountain on Saturday Feb. 15 and wanted a room for the night. I searched the internet and there was not a room to be found anywhere in Canandaigua. The Miami Resort Motel came up in my search and said call for info. which I did. I spoke to Valerie, one of the owners, who said they had just had a cancellation for a room with one queen size bed. I said I would take it. I had my doubts about this motel, the name seeming a little tacky. I looked it up on tripadvisor and it sounded ok so I went for it. Well, I must say I was pleasantly surprised! We showed up around 2pm Saturday and was greeted extremely well by Valerie who was very friendly and sweet. She gave us the "Hollywood room". The whole place has a very 70's vintage feel to it. We were taken to our room which was impeccably clean. I told Valerie it was one of the cleanest rooms I had ever stayed in, and it was the truth. It was spotless! Granted it was old, there were some cracked tiles and needed a few repairs but it was clean! The bed was wonderful! Very new and comfortable with spotless linens and very comfortable pillows and comforters. We were very comfortable in this room. There was coffee, fruit, bagels, and other goodies in the lobby for breakfast with lovely trays for you to carry your food to your room. I was VERY impressed with this room. The only issue I had with it was the heating system which was some sort of hot water pipe system, from a past era. It kept the room lovely and warm but it was noisy. You could hear water running through the pipes. If you are looking for an ultra-modern, up-to date, mass-produced hotel room then this is not the place for you. If you are looking for a clean, comfortable friendly place to stay in a great location in Canandaigua give them a try. I don't think you will be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Debbie B
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 14 February 2014

What a GREAT place! Stayed overnight in a motel room w/ Jacuzzi. Not a bungalow. VERY clean. Was there on a cold winter night and it was very cozy and romantic with the jacuzzi in the room. And, it's a real decent jacuzzi... not the "fake" bathtub kind that masquerade as a jacuzzi, lol. Everything in working order and new looking. Nice touches w/ real coffee, fresh fruit in room, biscotti. Wine glasses on table. Nothing "fancy" really just very "thoughtful" and well "thought out". Trendy, cute decor. Very hospitable owners.

I would go again in a heartbeat and is great for a romantic overnight for two. The only downside is something they probably can't help. The rooms are very noisy. The walls seem paper thin. The voices and T.V. from the neighbors is very audible. The water pipes click and creak and some road/car noise is heard.

Make sure you bring earplugs if you're a sensitive sleeper. Perhaps the bungalows would be different. I would love to visit again and check them out too! VERY VERY nice alternative to the usual.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Molly K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canandaigua
Holiday Inn Express Canandaigua - Finger Lakes
Super 8 Canandaigua
Super 8 Canandaigua
#4 of 12 in Canandaigua
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Canandaigua

Been to Miami Resort Motel? Share your experiences!