“Another Satisfied Customer” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Miami Resort Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Canandaigua
Miami Resort Motel
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Canandaigua
Tonawanda, New York
“Another Satisfied Customer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

All the positive reviews are deserved. Probably the cleanest place I've stayed. The owners go out of their way to make your stay pleasant. Perfect place to stay when visiting the attractions around the lake, We happened to be down for a concert at the CMAC
Don't get me wrong it's an older property, but what it lacks it aesthetics it makes up in value.A nice continental breakfast is provided. Val has plenty of tips for things to do and places to eat. If your not expecting the Ritz but want inexpensive comfortable accommodations, this is the place.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
1 Thank Bob M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

I have stayed at Miami Motel three times in three summers, twice for three weeks, and presently for two weeks. I have fully enjoyed every moment of my stay, largely because of the friendliness of Valerie and Dennis, the owners, but also because the place is spotless. This is despite the additional units under construction. No dirt, and minimal noise only during the day. I love the bountiful and fresh breakfast, on the house. I love my private and peaceful hideaway, with carport and little patio. I have walked to the beach, but then, I like to walk. I LOVE THIS PLACE!

Room Tip: I like off the road, myself, in the back with carport. Just not #17 end of August! That's mine...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Hampton, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

This motel is exactly as many people have said in their reviews. We stayed there on a night when there was a concert going on not too far away. We were a little concerned that it might be noisy. While we never heard anything from the concert, it is slightly noisy from the busy traffic on the road in front of the motel. We also heard a small amount of moving about from the room above us. This is the only thing that kept this motel from being 5 stars to us. Clean, comfortable, great customer service, good breakfast food variety in the morning.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
Hamburg, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Only stayed 1 night in town & chose the miami because of the good reviews. They were true.
the motel is under a bit of remodeling so the curb appeal would make you want to drive by.
The lady owner was very nice,we told her we were going to drink some wine we purchased
@ local wineries & she went out of her way to bring us real wine glasses so we weren't drinking out of plastic. The rooms were very clean & price was right. Wonderful hospitality.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
santa cruz, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

This place is great! From the very clean, very cooly decorated, comfortable rooms to the incredibly friendly, helpful owners/staff to the price, you cannot beat the Miami Motel! It is within 5-10 minutes of Roseland Water Park (small, but fun) and Canadaigua Lake and easy access to shopping. The rooms are retro, freshly painted and decorated. You get a nice continental breakfast included. But the topper is, one of my friends was having a chocoholic attack. She went to the office to see if there was a vending machine (there isn't). Valerie said her husband was the chocoholic, and so sorry, but she didn't have any. About 15 minutes later there was a knock on our door. There was Dennis, her husband, with a bowl full of Dove chocolate. Now that's the kind of service that will bring all of us back to Miami!! Thanks for such a great two night stay!

Room Tip: All the rooms we saw (3 of them) were equally great.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Cleanliness
1 Thank robindawn
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

To be perfectly honest, staying at the Miami Resort Motel was NOT my first choice. Due to an event in town, all of the rooms at the Holiday Inn Express and a couple of other motels were all booked up. Even though the reviews for the Miami Resort Motel seemed promising, I was still a bit nervous.

While the motel is definitely an older one, my room was extremely clean. I was warmly greeted by name by the woman who checked me in, who was also very helpful and friendly. When I went to bed at 10 PM, there were some other guests having a BBQ and talking loudly right outside my room which greatly concerned me. I said nothing hoping for the best and by 11 pm, all was quiet. When I checked out in the morning, I was asked if I was part of the group at the BBQ. When I said no, the man asked if I was at all disturbed by the noise, and I told him that by 11 pm, all was quiet. He then told me that he regularly walks around during the evening to ensure that the guests are quiet and respectful of others. I also found out that they are pet-friendly, another bonus should I come up to Canandaigua with my dog.

This motel is a pleasant surprise and I will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Frank S
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

You will not find a better motel, set of hosts, or customer service anywhere. The price is always right, and the nostalgia is practically seeping out of of everything. My boyfriend and I stayed for one night (Thursday) on the Canadian long weekend. We had booked a queen room with jacuzzi, and to our surprise Valerie (the owner) upgraded us to a king suite (with our own carport!!), so we wouldn't be disturbed by the construction. You won't find that kind of service anywhere! We were leaving the next day to Watkins Glen, which is a nice drive from the Miami Motel. We can't wait to go back! Also this place is honestly the only place I've ever read about on Tripadvisor that doesn't have a bad review. That is saying a lot in my books.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canandaigua
The Inn on the Lake
Super 8 Canandaigua
Super 8 Canandaigua
#5 of 12 in Canandaigua
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Canandaigua

Been to Miami Resort Motel? Share your experiences!