“Outstanding B&B!!”

1837 Cobblestone Cottage Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 15 Canandaigua B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I had the absolute pleasure of staying at the 1837 Cobblestone Cottage last night. To say it is my favorite B&B I have EVER stayed in doesn't even do it justice! Kathy and Joe are warm, welcoming innkeepers and their home is just beautiful.

I stayed in the Honeymoon Cottage suite and when I say that every single detail has been thought of I mean it! Every. Single. Detail. The bed was beautifully made with crisp white sheets, lots of pillows, and plenty of coverlets. It was SO comfy! In the pretty bathroom Kathy has thought of everything you might need - and she's also thought of some things you might have forgotten.

And then this morning I was served an AMAZING breakfast: peach smoothie, HUGE blueberry muffin, ham and Swiss biscuit sliders, a peppered fried egg on what could be described as a piece of tomato bruschetta, and candied bacon. And then... dessert! For breakfast!! A yummy piece of cinnamon toast was topped with raspberries and sliced poached pears. Everything was delicious and just beautifully presented.

I hope to return again soon with my husband to this beautiful B&B. I highly recommend the 1837 Cobblestone Cottage. Book your room now, you will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kathleen O
Kathleen L, Owner at 1837 Cobblestone Cottage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Joe & I love it when guests have so many nice things to say. Love is in the details... Thanks~So happy you had a wonderful stay and shared your thoughts about our B&B with others.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Wonderful accommodations, warm and inviting. Honeymoon suite was beautiful. Very nice innkeepers. Breakfast was fantastic. Location great- quiet but close to everything. Definitely would recommend and will go back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Gerri R

So pleased that you enjoyed everything at the Cottage. A joy to know that we've made such an impression on our guests. Your recommendation means the world to us. Please think of us next time your travels send you our way.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

It has taken a while to get this on here, but we stayed here in September and had the most wonderful time. The rooms are beautiful, clean and spacious. The place was lovely and quiet but close to local restaurants and shops. The hostesses were so kind, thoughtful and helpful. The food was so delicious and plentiful! Cookies upon arrival, snacks at all times and a wonderful breakfast. We will definitely return!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

love the title ~Incredible Place~ we strive everyday to be a little bit better then the day before. So happy you had a perfect stay. A cookie a day is a must at the Cottage. Joe and I are looking forward to your return trip.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

My Mom and I discovered this B&B online and chose it for it's beautiful pictures and historic feel, hoping it would be just as lovely in person, and we were not disappointed! The experience was one we will always remember - and plan to return again. The scrumptious and plentiful breakfast was so savory, we left overstuffed and garnered a few new recipes for ourselves (loved the pecan & brown sugared bacon!). Kathy and Joe are warm and gentle and innkeepers, who keep a meticulously clean and inviting home and insist on catering to any dietary restrictions or desires. They even shared coffee with us after breakfast, per our request, and the conversation was grand. Kudos to Kathy and Joe for a wonderful bed and breakfast establishment! Warmly, Laurie & Ruthie

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Laurie,
Joe & I have a goal to provide the best B&B experience for our guests and are so pleased you had a "fabulous getaway"! Love is in the details…. so happy you both had a wonderful stay at the Cottage. Please return often.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

My fiancé and I came for 1 night so we could get away and spend some time together.

Upon arrival Kathy and Joe greeted us at the front door. They were both very friendly and Kathy gave us a mini tour. She showed us 2 of the sitting areas where they have games and movies. A few places where they had some chocolate, snacks, and drinks that we could help ourselves to. Kathy brought us to our room and she showed where a few things were. We chatted a bit and then she left us to enjoy the beautiful Isac Parish Suite. The bathroom has a whirlpool tub, and the most comfortable bed I have ever encountered. This is smaller than the honeymoon suite but it was perfect for a romantic night away.

My fiancé and I hung out in the room for a bit before we left for dinner. When we got home we watched some TV and spent the rest of our time in the room as it would have been a little too late to be in one of the common areas.

The next morning breakfast was served at 9. Kathy and Joe went above and beyond for breakfast. Pancakes, bacon, muffin, fruit, smoothie....all amazing. Not your run of the mill breakfast either it was all unique. We had great conversation with the other couple that stayed there that night. After they checked out we had fun talking with Kathy and Joe and they gave us a few ideas since we were sticking around Canandaigua for the afternoon.

Overall, this was better than I expected. Such a beautiful (and clean) home, great weekend. We cannot wait to come back!

• Stayed: February 2014
Kathleen L, Owner at 1837 Cobblestone Cottage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Jruber89,

Thank you for the kind words. Our Breakfast is something that Joe and I take great pride in. I love to find new recipes to make our morning table memorable. One of the great things of a B&B is sitting around our breakfast table visiting with all the wonderful guests that have stayed at the Cottage.
Wishing you both an engagement filled with love and laughter.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We arrived after dark, toward the end of check-in time (which goes from 3pm to 7), due to my work schedule. This was our first bed and breakfast and we went for a week-late Valentine's Day. Perhaps the owners of the Cottage took this into consideration because the place was still done up with the hearts/love theme. There were some sweets just inside the door and throughout the first common area, as well as chips and drinks in the second common area. We wound up being the only guests that night.

We were welcomed warmly, though Joe seemed a tad awkward at times. We were shown around a little and taken to our room - the Isaac Parrish suite. Being the smallest room, it was pretty cozy, with a couple chairs beside a fireplace, a large bed, and a decent-sized cable TV. Kathy let us know about several places to try for dinner, and we left for a few hours before making it back at 11 or so. I do feel privacy/noise could be a concern if we'd had other guests around - I could hear when there was movement in the kitchen or hall, and I don't think we could've had our movie as loud as we needed to hear everything without disturbing the Honeymoon Suite next door. The bathtub also roars, especially with the jets on or while. I would take all that into account, especially for a late arrival.

Loud or no, I absolutely loved the whirlpool. It's quite comfortable for one person, with a slant on one side so you can lean back and rest your head. Ours had eight fully-adjustable jets. The bathroom was well-stocked with shampoo, lotion, towels, etc. too.

We put our DVD player to good use, having brought some movies we'd just bought. Here we ran into the only trouble we had during our stay - the batteries in the remote were blown (dried acid in the compartment) and the DVD player itself only worked sporadically. Sometimes it would make a lot of noise, sometimes it would refuse to play the DVD, and once we had it simply shut off in the middle of the movie. We checked the cords and they all seemed fine. After the hiccups, we managed to make it through a movie. The bed was very comfortable for viewing, with multiple fluffy layers and lots of pillows. We had a lovely night sleeping in it too. There was some noise coming from the fireplace (off for the night) and the windows but we were too tired to let it keep us up.

In the morning, pre-breakfast was waiting for us on the table - a still-warm, large chocolate chip muffin and some fresh fruit. We were given privacy to eat and the main course - blackberry-topped french toast and homemade sausage - arrived before long. We were also served an orange and peach smoothie. Our hosts joined us for a little conversation once we were mostly done eating, and lastly we were served some cinnamon croissants. Joe told us about places in Naples and the surrounding area that we could visit once we checked out at eleven.

All in all, the stay was just about perfect, with enough privacy for us to do what we wanted with our time but still with enough structure for people unfamiliar with the area and with B&Bs. It was a nice experience for the price (just about $200 for one night after tax).

Room Tip: The Isaac Parrish suite does feel a bit small - next time I would pay the little bit extra for one o...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Jennifer,
Joe and I are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Cottage. We always look forward to guests that have never stayed at a B&B before….love to show them what a lovely experience it is. Thank you for the heads up on the DVD player. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

My boyfriend and I (age 30) registered for a cooking class at the nearby NY Wine & Culinary Center. Rather than return home afterward, we opted for this B&B and it was delightful. We stayed one night just after Christmas and the house was decorated beautifully. The HoneyMoon Suite was spacious, cozy, meticulously clean, and comfortable. I loved the thick bathrobes and bath towels. The room was so quiet!! Breakfast was equally impressive...it was my first 3-course breakfast...excellent homemade scones. I have and will continue to recommend this B&B to friends and family. Thank you, Jim and Kathy! We'll certainly return soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kathleen L, Owner at 1837 Cobblestone Cottage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you can tell I love to decorate for the holidays…And a cooking class is always a fun night. Looking forward to your return trip to the Cobblestone Cottage.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Canandaigua
The Inn on the Lake
1840 Inn on the Main Bed and Breakfast
The Chalet of Canandaigua
The Chalet of Canandaigua
#1 of 15 in Canandaigua

Been to 1837 Cobblestone Cottage Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!