“Clean but low quality”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Canandaigua
Youngstown, New York
“Clean but low quality”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We recently had a suite at this hotel. Two queen beds and a living area with a pull out couch and kitchenette. There was a lot of room and it was clean but the quality of everything in the room was very low. Things either looked well used or very cheap. Linens were lousy, especially the sheets. The price was pretty low and it seemed clean but I think they overcharged a little for what they're offering.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

Good price for the room with our AAA discount, much nicer then many other hotels we have stayed at for the same price range. Gift basket was a nice surprise, very clean can't complain! Would stay again!

• Stayed May 2013
Amesbury, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 3 May 2013

We checked in without looking at the room because we were exhausted from traveling....after getting to our room within 60 seconds the smell hit us...mold.. urine...uggh..I went right back to the office and demanded my $70 back..even tho it said no refunds she knew I meant what I said I am allergic to mold..I got my refund..she had the nerve to say did you touch anything I said NO I wouldn't touch a thing in there.....we went 4 miles down the same exit and got an amazing deal waterfront Ramada inn room 90 dollars king size bed gorgeous room with a breakfast buffet you would not believe.....Red Crapit INN yuk

Room Tip: go 4 miles down to Ramada INN wonderful
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Debra R
Elmira, NY
Reviewed 28 December 2012

We stayed a couple days before Christmas and we were the only ones there. The first room they gave us was so hot when we first walked in, and after many attempts to lower the heat - we finally packed up and went back down to the desk. They did give us another room on the same floor and the heat was fine....but no hot water. If you're looking for a place to just sleep then it will work for you. (the bed killed our backs). We travel to this area frequently, and we won't stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Mountainhome, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Hey, we're not talking the Waldorf Astoria here. The building is close to Rt. 20, but very attractive on the outside. Hotel staff is very nice. Room? Well, it was a place to sleep and take a shower. All they had available was a queen suite. It was a huge space with sparse furniture. Coffee maker with no coffee. Promise from the front desk that "coffee was always available in the lobby". Except when I went down at 6 AM and there was a handwritten sign on the door telling me to keep ringing the bell until someone came out to open the door. Since I didn't want to disturb them, I drove to Tim Horton's and got coffee. The "breakfast" was plastic-wrapped muffins and Cheerios. Bottom line: We took a quick trip to the Finger Lakes on the spur of the moment. Hotels were all booked, this place was available and the price was a bit steep but not outrageous. It wouldn't be my first choice if I planned the trip, but overall it is very suitable for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: The three rooms in the front middle are actually 2-room suites. The rest are singles. A lot of peo...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Corning, New York
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This property does the job--rooms are clean, quiet and the beds comfortable, but I would describe it as no-frills. The mattress on the pull-out couch in our suite was so thin that my 11 year-old complained of a sore back the next day. The continental breakfast consists of dry cereal, prepackaged muffins, orange juice and coffee. Staff was very pleasant and responsive to our request for more towels.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Tenterden
Reviewed 13 August 2012

The owners of this motel are very pleasant but we had a few basic problems. There was nowhere to put sponge bags in the bathroom, we had to kill a few ants in the room and the breakfast is extremely basic (so much so that my husband only had coffee and I had a bowl of cereal I wouldn't normally touch). Overall, we had travelled through the USA for two weeks and this property offered the worst value for money we encountered.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canandaigua
Holiday Inn Express Canandaigua - Finger Lakes
Manchester Inn
Manchester Inn
#1 of 1 in Manchester
Holiday Inn Express Hotels Geneva Finger Lakes

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Canandaigua? Share your experiences!