“Bad service, tasteless food.”

Charlie's Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 103 Restaurants in Canandaigua
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Bad service, tasteless food.”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I've been here a few times but this last time really irritated me. Service was fast, but the people ring you up and touch your food with the same gloves, never change them. That's gross. Have one person ring people up, the others touch food. Speaking of food, my burger didn't have much taste to it, very thin burger and just thrown on a plate. Mac salad had too much mayo. If you want a good burger, go to Tom Wahl's on the other side of town.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank canandaiguagirl

Downers Grove, Illinois
“Semi- fast food; semi sit-down”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Good prices and better than fast-food quality are the highlights of this local eatery. You order from a huge and somewhat confusing menu at a counter, then wait for your order to come up. The quality of our food was fine--certainly better than fast-food--at good prices, but not sure what to make of the place as a whole.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank ghp3
Cleveland, Ohio
“Sub par burgers, horrible atmosphere”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Places like Five Guys have upped the quality of "burger places" so when my host for the weekend suggested we go to a burger place, I was optimistic.

My first warning was when a piece of paper was taped to the door saying they had recently hired a new manager and a whole bunch of staff, so they apologize. Not a good sign.

Inside was chaos. There were no lines, only employees at the counter shouting that they can help whoever is next. You give them the order and they turn around and shout it to the kitchen staff. Then they go to the one cash register, ring you up and you stand there and wait. The employee takes someone else's order, shouts that to the kitchen, then re-yells your order.

I ordered the Charlie Burger which proved to be a very small burger (I'm guessing 2-3 ounces) on a giant poppyseed roll with a mountain of lettuce and a slice of tomato. The fries were nothing special, bargain basement frozen jobbies, going away from the trend of fresh cut.

Cost for fourof us was $31, a bit less than I would have paid at Five Guys but more than at McD's, which would have been better quality than we got at Charlie's.

It does have outdoor seating, but the umbrellas are well-worn and the wooden picnic tables were painted a decade ago and are now peeling and full of splinters.

I suppose if you're on the way home from the bar and you need a good burger this would work, but I was very much disappointed. I won't be back.

• Visited September 2012