“quiet get away”

Ranked #1 of 15 Canandaigua B&B and Inns
East Falmouth, MA
“quiet get away”
Reviewed 16 June 2011

We have stayed at many small inns and B&B’s in the past and we have our favorites of which the Chalet will be added to the top of the list. We had planned a trip through the finger lakes and onto Toronto. In looking through Trip Advisor I found the Chalet highly recommended and booked a room there for the first two nights of our get away. We couldn't have been more pleased. We stayed in the Balcony room and we were originally slightly concerned that there were no windows in the bedroom, just sky lights. But that never proved to be an issue for us as the skylights let in plenty of natural light and the bathroom has a window looking out onto the side yard. The bathroom was large and comfortable and had a great shower.
The hosts were very friendly and made sure we had plans for dinner both nights and worked to recommend places that fit in with our preferences. As has been said before, they provided delicious course breakfasts in the mornings and deserts at night. I found the front porch to be a perfect spot for relaxing and catching up on some reading. This is an Inn I would be thrilled to visit again and one I would easily recommend to friends.

Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 4 June 2011

My husband and I chose to spend our first anniversary at the Chalet of Canandaigua, and we were thrilled with our decision. The grounds and accommodations are gorgeous. (I think my jaw hit the floor when I saw their kitchen!) Also the bedding in the Woodsview suite is so luxurious, we had to drag ourselves out of bed. Also motivating us to get up? The indescribable three course breakfasts that Pattie and Margaret prepare. The food was not only delicious, but presented in a way that made our mornings feel so special. My "meat and potatoes" hubby even enjoyed it! French toast with fresh fruit compot and marscapone? Yes, please!

Pattie and Margaret answered all of our questions about the area, and made right-on recommendations for dining and wineries. While we were at dinner our first night, they lit the fireplace for us, so we could enjoy a glass of champagne and a delectable dessert by candlelight. (Does it get any better than warm "berry blossoms" waiting for you after dinner?) We felt as if we were staying with our two most thoughtful friends. As we prepared to leave on Sunday, Pattie and Margaret gave us the rose that had been on our breakfast table to take home. We hugged them goodbye, headed to the car, and immediately starting planning our next trip to the Chalet!

Ithaca, New York
Reviewed 2 June 2011

My girlfriend and I had a fabulous time there. Margaret and Patti are both wonderful host and the place is just spectacular. We had plans to spend some time in Rochester since we were going there for a show and couldn't break ourselves away from the Chalet. The breakfast was incredible and they were so amazingly accomodating to our dietary needs. A place you can go again and again.

Room Tip: All the rooms have their charm.
Westerville, Ohio
Reviewed 2 June 2011

My husband and I stay at B&Bs all the time and this is one of the finest we have ever stayed at. we finished up our vacation by sending a couple of days at the Chalet. It is a huge log A Frame Chalet with 3 huge rooms, all very private and beautifully appointed. Maggie and Pattie are wonderful hosts, neither of us could think of anything they could possibly do better. The food is wonderful prepared and served by Pattie and Maggie. They have an excellent understanding of the area, things to do and places to go as well as dine. Dessert is waiting for you when you get back from dinner and...a good-bye rose when you depart...something I have never seen done before. There is a huge porch to relax on, grounds and a large pond to explore...it really was a perfect and we have already booked a fall return.

Rochester, New York
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Our stay at the Chalet was even better than expected! The owners were extremely hospitable, and felt like friends rather than inn-keepers. We stayed in the Balcony Suite, which was charming and tidy. The best part was the bathroom with a huge soaking tub, towel warmer and glass fireplace that was also shared by the bedroom.

Not only did we have a wonderful place to sleep, but the most fabulous 3-course breakfast in the morning. They are self-taught cooks whose meals will surpass anyone's expectations. We would love to go back and will recommend it to everyone we know!

Brewerton
Reviewed 3 May 2011

I found the Chalet when looking for a B&B as part of a 40th birthday weekend for my wife. It seemed like the perfect combination. My wife has been dropping anvil-sized hints about going to a bed and breakfast, but old Victorian homes and textured wallpaper just weren't calling to me. The rugged look of the log cabin Chalet really caught my eye. Set in the woods, overlooking a pond, it was a quiet, tranquil place, and would be beautiful in any season. We had reserved the Woodsview room, but a glitch with a Travelocity.com reservation caused a double-booking, so we were upgraded to the Lee Suite instead. I can assure you that the room was fantastic. It was spacious, well-appointed, and though the walls were log, it was quite elegant and very romantic. We had a wonderful weekend, visiting wineries, dining at the Bristol Harbor Restaurant (less than 10 minutes away), and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Chalet. The owners, Patty and Margaret, were wonderful, always working to ensure our visit was perfect. We were greeted warmly, they were accessible and easy to talk to without being intrusive, and our every need was taken care of promptly and cheerfully. A nice dessert awaited us when we returned from dinner (warm apple pie), and we awoke to a wonderful, three-course breakfast that was a feast for the eyes and mouth. We couldn't have been happier with our stay, and we hope to return for another visit, possibly in the Fall to see the leaves. I highly recommend the Chalet of Canandaigua for anyone.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 January 2011

We had been researching places to stay in the area of Canandaigua, where we had been planning a ski trip to Bristol Mountain. The website for the Chalet of Canandaigua was very enticing and appealed to what we wanted for our weekend getaway. Upon arriving we were greeted by the incredibly friendly owners of the B&B, who gave us a tour of the beautiful log building. The decor and ambiance were very warm and cozy and had a five star appeal. Our suite was incredible -- king size bed, kitchenette and fireplace (our favorite) were all intact. The bathroom was also amazing, with a huge tub that was perfect for a long soak after a day of skiing. After dinner on the town, we were greeted by desserts waiting for us upon arriving back at the Chalet. Delicious! The ladies were very accommodating to me personally - I have a lot of dietary restrictions and they were able to provide me with scrumptious alternatives to what my boyfriend had. The three course breakfast was equally impressive. We especially liked the bananas foster on waffles. Overall, the Chalet was an incredible experience. It was only a 20-25 minute drive from Bristol Mountain and the perfect getaway if you are looking to get out of the city and enjoy the peace and serenity of the countryside. The owners create a very welcoming atmosphere and are obviously committed to appeasing guests` needs. We will be recommending the Chalet to all of our family and friends and hope to return!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank meg-mcdonald
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canandaigua
The Inn on the Lake
Morgan Samuels Inn
Morgan Samuels Inn
#5 of 15 in Canandaigua
1837 Cobblestone Cottage Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Chalet of Canandaigua? Share your experiences!