The Chalet of Canandaigua
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Cedar Lodge(Canandaigua)
View Hotel
The Inn on the Lake(Canandaigua)
Lafayette Motel(Canandaigua)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Miami Resort Motel(Canandaigua)
View Hotel
All reviewslee suitebalcony suitepattiespastrylog cabinmy husband and ib bsoaking tubmade us feellarge tubget awaywinding drivewaya hot air balloon ridedouble showerfinger lakesdinner reservationshelped us plan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just spent 3 nights at the chalet...clearly not long enough....we spent hours looking on the Internet for just the perfect place to spend some r&r... We came across the outstanding reviews and beautiful pictures and knew this was the place for us..From the time we arrived and Margaret greeted us and made us feel right at home...We stayed in the Lee Suite and it is more beautiful than we could ever imagine...We have tried so many B&B's over the years and this by far out ranks them all....I wish there were more than 5 stars because we would have ranked the chalet a 10 star. Every morning we were served a 3 course breakfast. I had to take a picture of each course because I knew it is would be something we will never see again...of course not until we return to the Chalet...My husband and I decided to have dinner at the Chalet our last night and it was by far better than we could have ever expected..
. We so enjoyed chatting with Margaret and Patty and listening about the history of the Chalet....My husband and I can not wait to return and next time we are going to try and spend a week....There is so much to do and Margaret and Patty were so helpful in suggesting places to go and visit...Honestly, if you book two nights you will regret you didn't stay longer.....Maraget and Patty thank you both for making our stay the best ever.....

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank flower067
staychalet, Innkeeper at The Chalet of Canandaigua, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Thank YOU for giving us the opportunity to share our home with you! We really appreciate your comments and that you are looking forward to a return visit! We look forward to it as well! We are glad you took pics of what you had for breakfast, as one goal we have is to NOT repeat a dish for our returning guests, unless they request it! This way you have a whole new menu to look forward to!!!!.....Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts about your visit, have a great Fall and upcoming holiday season....till we meet again....Best Regards Margaret & Pattie.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Short review: Book this place. Book it now. Don't look anywhere else in the region. Pattie and Margaret are an absolute dream, and our every need - including some privacy and time to chill out - was anticipated and filled beyond expectation.
Longer review: My husband and I arrived at the Chalet exhausted after the drive from Boston where we'd just moved our eldest child into college. Emotionally and physically, we were wrecked. The owners, Margaret and Pattie, could tell immediately that we needed this place as a time of rest and rejuvenation. And boy did it fit the bill. There are three suites, all with private bath, and all look wonderful. We stayed in the balcony suite, and it was perfect. Every possible thing we could have wanted was there in our suite. The rest of the house is marvelous and very inviting, and the grounds and pond are gorgeous. Margaret and Pattie were right there with many helpful recommendations for dining and activities if and when we wanted them. The multi-course breakfasts, served on the expansive porch, are simply to die for, and were the best meals of our two-night, two-day stay in the Finger Lakes. The desserts served each night were also delicious.
On our last day, we had to leave very early, and Pattie and Margaret went out of their way to serve us breakfast much earlier than normal so that we wouldn't miss out on this special treat. I am so grateful for their incredibly warm and very genuine interest in us and their hospitality. When we left, we got big hugs from both of them, and it truly was like saying farewell to friends. My only regret is that we couldn't stay longer, and we are already looking forward to staying at the Chalet again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Hey Melanie.....gosh..Thank You...it was great having you visit with us and we were very happy to help you decompress from your long journey! Thanks much for all the great conversations and for sharing your time with us! We were happy to accomodate and early breakfast, how could we let you go on your long drive home without one! Thanks so much for coosing us to visit with and we will look forward to seeing you both again. Perhaps breakfast in front of the fire? Have a great fall/winter, Take good care, Margaret & Pattie

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We have been to quite a few B&Bs.......but this one was so different. We have never felt such a warm welcome or such genuine congeniality. It was better than visiting family; it was better than going to see old friends. It was like going home. We were invited to enjoy the entire house and with each step, we were awed by the design, the beauty and the love evident in every square inch of this magnificent home. Thank you, Margaret and Patti, for caring, for fussing and for the sweet hugs when we were leaving. For those of you who are reading this, don't go there!!! Stay away!!!! (We want to keep this lovely treasure all to ourselves!)

1  Thank CateZ28

Hey Cathy....WOW...THANK YOU! But if you plan on keeping everybody away...your gonna have to come more often!!!!! :) It was great fun talking with you and Brian and sharing our home with you. We wish your could have stayed longer as well! Thanks for taking the time to let others know about your visit, we appreciate it! We hope to see you soon! In the meantime, have a great rest of the year! Best regards, Margaret & Pattie

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We spent 3 nights at the Chalet of Canandaigua in August. Both my girlfriend and I loved the Chalet, owners, food and hospitality. We would highly recommend it to everyone. Pattie and Margaret do such a wonderful job by giving you idea's of places and things to do in the area. They cook a beautiful breakfast and always have time for their guests. We will be returning someday soon and sending family their way. Loved our stay!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Kelly....Pattie and I enjoyed your visit as well! We really enjoy when guests stay an extended time, as we get to know you better. We dislike "Goodbyes" we prefer "Till we see you again!" Thanks alot for sharing your thoughts about your visit, we will look forward to seeing you both and catching up on whats been going on in your lives. Till then, best regards Margaret & Pattie

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The Chalet is truly a "Hidden Gem". This was our first time to the Finger Lakes and I wanted to plan something romantic for my girlfriend as I was going to propose to her during the trip. While planning out how to pop the question I came across Liberty Balloon Company(Hot air ballooning). I loved the idea of proposing while in the balloon and decided that is what I was going to do. Then came the task of finding a place to stay. I contacted the owner of Liberty Balloon Company, Carroll Teitsworth, and he recommended the Chalet. He told me that not only is the place beautiful but he could actually launch the balloon right from the property of the Chalet. After reading the great reviews I was sold!! I then contacted the Chalet and spoke with Pattie and Margaret. I explained my plans to them and they went above and beyond in helping me make it a memorable experience. They handled everything for me and were a joy to work with. The day we arrived we checked in and were given a tour of the Chalet. It was absolutely beautiful and unlike any other B&B I've ever stayed at. Pattie and Margaret were so nice and catered to every need. We relaxed after a long ride in and then went for a walk down by the pond. Unbeknownst to my girlfriend we were actually walking down to where the balloon would be launching. She was very surprised and was really excited when she found out about the balloon ride. We met with Carroll and then helped him set up for the launch. The whole experience was amazing and words can not describe the beauty from 4,000 feet up in the air. While over Canandagiua lake I popped the question and she said yes. We will never forget that moment for the rest of our lives. We stayed at the Chalet for 2 nights and were very pleased with the accommodations and yes the breakfast is amazing!! I highly recommend the Chalet and I also highly recommend Liberty Balloon Company. We had an amazing trip and will definitely return!! Thank you Pattie and Margaret!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Hey Demitrios, Well, all we can say is we really enjoyed helping you pull off the surprise! We were so excited when you told us your plans and thrilled that it came off so well! AND she didn't drop the ring from 4000 fit up! Liberty Balloon is a great partner and I'm sure on behalf of Carol and ourselves it was our pleasure being a part of this most important time in your lives...so Thank You for sharing it with us! We will look forward to that return visit once you set a date!!! In the meantime congrats and enjoy the upcoming holidays! Margaret & Pattie