“Nobody does it better!!!”

The Chalet of Canandaigua
Ranked #1 of 15 Canandaigua B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Totally loved our stay in the Balcony Suite at the Chalet! My husband and I were celebrating our Anniversary with an overnight get- a-way. We enjoyed our stay that night so much that we reserved our room for a SECOND night! Margaret and Pattie were the perfect hosts from making our dinner reservations and suggesting places to visit to keeping the main fireplace going as the two of us enjoyed some quiet time. The 8 pm desserts were something to look forward to not to mention the simply scrumptious sights and smells of breakfast as you're coming down the stairs first thing in the morning. Breakfast was nothing less than an incredible gourmet feast! All of this and more made for a PERFECT get-a-way!!

Room Tip: King size beds in all three (3) Suites!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
staychalet, Owner at The Chalet of Canandaigua, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Hey Joanna Thank for sharing your thoughts about your stay, we appreciate it and are very happy you enjoyed your time with us. We really enjoyed meeting you both, and sharing time with you while you were here. We hope you are having a great summer! Pattie and I look forward to helping you celebrate your next anniversary! :)

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We recently spent two wonderful nights at the Chalet on our way to Niagara Falls from New York. From the moment we walked in i knew i wouldn't want to leave! Patti and Margaret met us at the door and we were made to feel at home straight away. The Chalet is absolutely beautiful, the attention to detail is just perfect. Everything you would want has been provided. Our room was fantastic so light and beautiful yet cosy at the same time. The underfloor heating in the fabulous bathroom was a wonderful warm surprise. We had our girls with us ages11 and 9 and they also fell in love with the Chalet and loved chatting to Patti and Margaret. We stayed over easter and when we went to breakfast Easter morning the girls had 2 chocolate Easter bunnies on the table. The breakfasts were also amazing as were the wonderful desserts waiting for us every evening when we came in.
Patti and Margaret recommended and booked 2 restaurants for us in the area which were great and sent us off in the right direction to explore.
I can't really put into words how fabulous the Chalet is, i would stay again tomorrow if i could. I have no hesitation in recommending this beautiful get away.
Thank you Patti and Margaret it was so good to meet you. From the The Greens (the English :-))

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Would like to that the ladies at the Chalet for another wonderful and relaxing weekend. This time we took another couple with us. It was So nice spending the evenings after dinner by a fire and having a great glass or two of wine.
Breakfasts were amazing as usual. Can not say enough about the food. We stayed in the Balcony suit this time. This suit was great. Loved the skylights and the fireplace that was between the bedroom and the bathroom.
WILL be back to visit again. !!!!
Many thanks again to our host.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2014

four years ago, we stayed here one night at the start of a college tour for my older daughter. it was a hilight of the trip, and we always wanted to return. my younger daughter counted it as her best breakfast EVER!
we had the opportunity to stop again on a college tour for my younger daughter last week- and the experience was just as lovely as we remembered. the setting is beautiful, the hosts warm, and the food delicious- i highly recommend it!

Room Tip: only 3 rooms- we had the largest with 2 beds
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We just returned from the chalet of Canandaigua on 4/13/14. We went there for my significant others birthday ( my treat). From the moment you walk in, its just breathtaking. Patti greated us on our initial walk in. She was friendly and informative She gave us a tour, than showed us our room, than maped out the wineries we would like to visit the next day.
What can I say about the food.The taste, the smell, the presentation, could not have been better. I can't even discribe some of the food, it was so artistic. We also had dinner there our second night, and each course was presented to us, and just beautiful prepared. I had the chicken breast with basil sauce............OMG. I could go on and on, the last bit of wonderful food, was a thick french bread with some type of wonderful sauce and strawberries over it. WOW.
The first day we went out to sit on the deck to figue out our plans for the day, in the sunshine. The deck faces a beautiful pond with geeze. Maggie asked us if we wanted a blanket to keep warm. Thats how the whole trip was, what ever Maggie and Patti could do for you.

Thank you Patti and Maggie for making a wonderful birthday for Jim, and a relaxing rejuvenating weekend for me. We will return. Who wouldn't?

Patti H.

Room Tip: The Lee Suite is the premier suite, quiet, and beautiful. Wonderful bathroom with heated floors, so...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Upon searching for the perfect setting in the Finger Lakes region to rest, relax and rejuvenate with my family I am SO thankful I discovered The Chalet. My search for something "set apart" and set back from the hustle and bustle was fulfilled in this beautiful Adirondack-style log home nestled in the woods set back from the main road. Our hosts, Pattie and Margaret, offered the perfect blend of hosting our stay with exquisite breakfast entrees combined with pleasant, fun conversation. We were also welcomed with a yummy dessert each evening! Diet restrictions were kindly adhered to without sacrificing taste or presentation. Pattie and Margaret's aim to please is evident the moment you walk into their gorgeous, yet relaxed setting. Asides from the large LR fireplace which boasted a roaring fire each evening, my favorite detail of this home was the soaking tub in our room. No need for water jets or jaccuzzis here!--the peaceful, comfortable soaking tub surrounded by candlelight (flameless) and tasteful fixtures provided the relaxation I was seeking. The Chalet of Canandaigua offers a very special stay, one in which I believe is hard to find elsewhere. I am hoping this will be the first of more stays while in the Finger Lakes region.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I arrived frazzled, tired, tense and grumpy. After 3 glorious nights, "bon apetit" worthy breakfasts and pampering by Patti and Margaret, I left with a relaxed spirit and fixed happy face--all in the midst of dreary March weather. I've been to many B&B's and luxurious hotels around the country and Canada and the Chalet is one of my top 3 favorites. :))

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canandaigua
The Inn on the Lake
Hampton Inn Penn Yan
#1 of 4 in Penn Yan
1840 Inn on the Main Bed and Breakfast
1907 Bragdon House Bed & Breakfast

Been to The Chalet of Canandaigua? Share your experiences!