“Absolutely Amazing!!! Check out of reality & into tranquility!!!”

The Chalet of Canandaigua
Ranked #1 of 15 Canandaigua B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Words cannot express the experience at The Chalet of Canandaigua! From the minute we walked through the door we were treated as royalty. The Chalet is beautiful & the owners became family before we even left! If you want to check out of reality, the busy life & relax....this is the place to go! We had a picnic near the pond. We then attended a local concert & when we returned our evening dessert was waiting for us. Beautiful room, quiet tranquil evening, fresh air & peace. What more could you ask for? We couldn't! Waking up in the morning to a multi-course breakfast sitting on the porch, being waited on & our hosts not missing a detail of not only the food, but keeping a smile on our face & the atmosphere relaxing & comfortable. It was worth every penny! We will definitely be returning!!! I just can't wait! You cannot put a price on what we received that weekend of being able to leave all the stress behind. It was great. Our own little hideaway. So if you need to relax, turn off the cell phone, computer & check into tranquility & ready to be treated like royalty this is the place to stay! Thank you again for the amazing, unforgettable experience!!!!

2  Thank grandma b
staychalet, Owner at The Chalet of Canandaigua, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Cool Beans! So glad you enjoyed your stay. We can't say thank you enough for the great comments, and appreciate that you took the time to let others know of your experience here.
We look forward to a return visit and having a chance to chat and catch up. Have a great summer! M&P

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Chalet for two nights in June 2014 and were awe-struck by the accommodations. The chalet itself was gorgeous, with a kitchen that would blow anyone's mind, and the property is beautiful. But our room itself was also stunning, with everything we could possibly need melded almost invisibly into a room that appeared to be something out of a design magazine. Pattie and Margaret are, of course, exemplary hosts; they even told us that they maintain a list of the breakfast items they serve to people, so that returning guests will never have to eat the same things twice!! This is a truly lovely, peaceful place, and I can't think of one thing I would change about it. 20 stars! By far the best B&B at which we've ever stayed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband and I just returned from a week long stay at the Chalet. That's correct (7) days of relaxations....We celebrated our 40th anniversary and my 60th birthday... We arrived on June 8th which was my birthday and Margaret and Patti were there to welcome me with birthday wishes and the cutest glasses that read, "Happy Birthday". We had a delightful dinner the first night we arrived. We stayed in the Lee Suite and it was simply breathtaking....this is our second time back to the Chalet and plan on returning again and again.....
Every morning we were served with a 5 breakfast every morning. You will never a find another B&B like this one trust me...we have been to many...
If your looking for just that special place to go to relax and leave your worries behind this is the place. You will never find hosts like Margaret and Patti, they simply are the best of the best.. My husband and I were thrilled that they took time out of their busy day to spend time with us.....we had soooo many laughs....
I was so sad to leave on Saturday but the bright side was, we will be returning again and again..
So if you have never done a B&b or even if you have the Chalet ranks the highest in our books...You won't find a place like this anywhere. I only hope you get to enjoy a little piece of heaven as my husband and I did this past week....

Room Tip: We stayed at the Lee but I don't think you could go wrong with any of the rooms. Each room has i...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

What can we say....it was awesome having you stay again and enjoy your company once again. Thank you for your return visit, it was great fun catching up with you both. Thanks also for all the great comments, we enjoyed coming up with new dishes to share with you and are very happy you enjoyed them so much! You guys are the best! Our best to you both, every time we use our new lantern we think of you!!!!! See you soon! M&P

Reviewed 4 June 2014

My husband and I spent our ten year wedding anniversary at the B&B. What an amazing stay! It was so beautiful the room was amazing and the breakfast was out of this world! Patty and Margaret are wonderful host. They were very helpful in looking for things to do around the area and even had maps for us. The Chalet is so peaceful and lovely! Two days was not a long enough stay. We are very much looking forward to going back there. It was just all around WONDERFUL!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My partner and I spent two wonderful days here on our way from Niagara Falls to a wedding in upstate New York. The Chalet Hosts, Patty and Margaret are engaging, welcoming, and extremely helpful. They organised a wine tour, booked us restaurants, and gave great recommendations for things to do. The chalet is peacefully located in the middle of the woods, and we saw a deer, chipmunks, squirrels a great heron and a host of other wildlife. The breakfasts are a knockout! If we're ever back in the area, I know where we'll be staying! Matt & Glenn, London.

Room Tip: We were in the lower woods view room which meant there were people in the room above us. Fortunately...
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Look no further than the Chalet of Canandaigua! We experienced the most amazing hospitality in the most stunning of surroundings at The Chalet. Our hosts were Lovely! The dessert left for us upon our arrival home from dinner was both thoughtful and delicious, the rooms were amazingly comfortable and quaint, the bathroom and all its amenities was luxury beyond description, the grounds were beautifully and lovingly maintained, the 3 course breakfast was indescribably delicious, and the attention to details throughout the Chalet were impressive and appreciated. Hands Down a LOVELY and MEMORABLE experience from check in to check out.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Balcony Suite and Loved it!
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Took advice from a friend/workmate and went for my partners birthday weekend! It was amazing.. Patty and Margaret were wonderful, the grounds were so peaceful and well maintained. The rooms were GREAT ... clean, welcoming and with everything you need. the food was out of this world. We did a balloon ride right from the front grounds! If you are looking for the perfect B&B this is the place. I have traveled all over the world and this was one of the best places I have ever stayed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canandaigua
The Inn on the Lake
Hampton Inn Penn Yan
#1 of 4 in Penn Yan
1840 Inn on the Main Bed and Breakfast
1907 Bragdon House Bed & Breakfast

Been to The Chalet of Canandaigua? Share your experiences!