Bed & Breakfast at Oliver Phelps
US$93
The Inn on the Lake(Canandaigua)
US$192
The Cedar Lodge(Canandaigua)
US$79
Miami Resort Motel(Canandaigua)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfinger lakesgracious hostslocal restaurants and attractionshot tublong weekendfood allergiesfreshly baked cookiesstayed for nightscommon areasgourmet breakfastevery morninglynnepuzzlesgazebohomesuitefireplace
Reviewed 24 July 2013

After a very hectic wedding weekend, we checked into Oliver Phelps to begin our honeymoon. Bill greeted us and showed us around the beautiful historic home. The house was very clean and comfortable. We stayed in the large suite and loved the fireplace, comfortable bed, and wonderful shower. Both Bill and Lynne were friendly and helpful. They had a remarkable knowledge about the restaurants in the area and helped us find a few that we really enjoyed. Breakfasts for the two mornings we stayed were amazing. According to my husband, they were the best breakfasts that he has EVER had. I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: We loved the Oliver Phelps room. It was large with plenty of room to unwind.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ekta1985
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Lynn and Bill are wonderful owners of a wonderful historical property. With Canandaigua's year long city celebration its a great time to visit and partake of the events schedule. Lynn and Bill made great recommendations, and it felt like home staying at Oliver Phelps except with better breakfasts than I could never imagine cooking. The rooms are very comfortable with an added plus of a mourning dove nesting just by the front porch. The Bed and Breakfast at Oliver Phelps is close to the Granger Homestead and is a short walk to the shops on Main Street.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank chasa33524
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Bill and Lynne are recent owners of an already well-rated B&B. This is their first inn experience, but they run it like pros. They are very attentive and accommodating without being intrusive. If you have any needs whatsoever, don't hesitate to ask. One couple skipped the wonderful breakfast to go on a bike ride, when the owners would have packed one to go if requested. Although the online reservation service shows there is a 2-night stay minimum on weekends, I spoke to Bill who allowed us one night since the inn was not fully booked.

I can't add much to all of the other glowing reviews, but I will say that we liked staying in the Wickwood room. It was very comfortable and clean, but the bathroom is not "en suite." The room has a private bath accessible from the hallway. This was not a problem, as the door to it is right next to the room door, and the bathroom is very large. It has a tub with a shower. There were linens, TP, shampoo, soap and a hair dryer provided. Wine glasses were in the room for guest use. It was too warm to use the fireplace in the room, but that would have been pleasant on a cold night. I will note that the room sort of faces the busy street, which is noisy during the day and early evening, but not bad during the night.

Breakfast was very good, with homemade baked goods and a wide choice of beverages. As someone without much of a sweet tooth, I would have preferred more savory dishes (even the delicious ham and cheese scones were a tad sweet without very much ham or cheese), but I still enjoyed everything that was served. Cookies, brownies and coffee are available at any time in the dining room.

We appreciated the owners' recommendations for restaurants. We tried their favorite, Eric's Office, about a mile from the B&B, and we found the food to be very good. We recommend walking the street to see all of the gorgeous renovated homes (and other B&Bs). Other than the lake, we didn't find anything to do in town after dinner. There was hardly any business happening in the "business district," so no night life.

I also want to add that the one "Terrible" review here is unfair. All B&Bs and vacation homes have cancellation policies that require at least a 2-week notice, and some require a month. They can't afford to go unbooked that long like hotels can. Read the policies before booking, and there won't be any problems.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. The ones in back away from the street may be a bit more quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bsfog
Reviewed 12 June 2013

My wife and I stayed here recently when we were in town for a wedding. It was really wonderful. The room was very nice and the location is great. Breakfast every morning was delicious without fail. The couple that own it are simply phenomenal hosts and sweet people. I highly recommend this B&B if you are headed to the Finger Lakes area. First rate!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2013

My husband and I spent our anniversary week end as guests at the Oliver Phelps. We have stayed at many Bed & Breakfast inns and this is at the top of the list. The house is beautiful, well maintained, and the Oliver Phelps room is outstanding. Lynne & Bill were perfect hosts and were very helpful in directing us to restaurants ( they made reservations in advance for us ), wineries, and microbreweries. The back deck was quiet and the perfect location to have quiet time with a bottle of wine. If you are going to be in the Canandaigua area and are looking for a place to stay, this is well worth investigating. We will be back!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple