“True Mexican”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I visit Mexico twice a year. Rio is as authentic as you can find in the states. I have never had a bad meal here. Great atmosphere, the biggest tequila list you will find in any restaurant.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

My wife and I found this place a few years ago on one of our travels through the Finger Lakes wine region. It's tucked away on a small side street, but well worth the trip! If you're lucky, they will still have some homemade guacamole available. They make it fresh and when its gone, its gone. The chipolte chicken was delicious! It's more traditional mexican than most of the 'tex-mex' you find out there, which I really like.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We knew from the amazing aroma when we walked in that this was an authentic Mexican restaurant. We started with the Classic Margaritas and moved through the mole pablano, tilapia tacos and enchiladas. You won't be disappointed if you love Mexican food.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

This place is an absolute must when visiting Canandaigua! We've eaten here a few times and have never gotten even a mediocre meal. It is always wonderful.

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

We had heard about this restaurant from friends and discovered its more traditional fare to be excellent.

We got the guacamole appetizer. It was the best I've ever tasted. And the entrees didn't disappoint either.

1  Thank DonKTonawanda