“Good food, good service, reasonably priced.”
Review of Rio Tomatlan - CLOSED

Rio Tomatlan
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast food, Southwestern, Latin
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Canandaigua
“Good food, good service, reasonably priced.”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

If you like Mexican food you'll really enjoy this place. Great margaritas as well. I haven't had anything I didn't like

Visited September 2013

canadaigua ny
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I went in on Sunday by myself for a meal and the host didn't really greet me I had to explain that I was there for lunch for one she sat me at a table and gave me a glass of water with something brown on the side and then I sat waiting for the server to take my order for 20 minutes... In that time she took orders from two other tables. The service was honestly terrible I've been here one other time and experience was so so at best but a friend urged me to give them a second chance. I'm very irritated and would never come here again

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank aisto
Rochester, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Mexican Food”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Great dishes from south of the boarder. This is not Taco Bell by any stretch of the imagination! Very authentic dishes and some that are very different but so so good. If your in Canandaigua and like Mexican food you have to treat yourself to Rio Tomatlan.

Visited June 2013
Rochester, NY
“Best authentic Mexican around”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I like everything about Rio Tomatlan. The food is excellent, the service is great, the decor is unpretentious, yet feels authentic, and they make TAMALES!!!!

Visited October 2013
New York
“Nice Place ”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We visited as it was recommended by one of my coworkers. We were told the specialty here was the guacamole however we did not get a chance to taste(they ran out). What kind of Mexican restaurant runs our of guacamole? Let me advice you that if your planning to eat here you WILL need to make reservations. We arrived on a Saturday afternoon (5:30 pm) and the place was full so we were told we had a 45 minute wait. At that point we were starved so we decided to make reservations for the next day(Sunday). The next day we arrived and promptly seated only to find out by someone that asked before us(there was no guacamole) :( which was the reason we visited to begin with. Our waitress was nice and was able to recommend dishes as it was our first time here. We had to ask for salsa and chips because different with other Mexican restaurants you are given immediately after seated, this one did not(we were also charged for it). Also their traditional salsa was good however we knew when we saw it it was pico de gallo(we know because we are hispanics ad are aware of what is salsa). I do have to say that after google I learned pick de gallo is one of Mexican salsa's. We were looking specifically for the red salsa and the waitress said they did not have. Good price however food lacked seasoning. Would visit again hopefully to taste the guacamole(will call to make sure they have).

1 Thank Mom2711