“Too expensive!”

The Inn on the Lake
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Canandaigua
“Too expensive!”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Location of room (225) was great. Our balcony overlooked the pool and lake. We enjoyed the balcony, watching the boats. The room was quiet and very clean with plenty of towels. The bed was not comfortable and needs to be replaced...we felt like we were sleeping on cardboard. My husband ended up sleeping on the couch. Meals were very good but expensive. The room cost for 2 nights was over $500.....We paid dearly for the balcony with the view.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor in room 225...very clean and enjoyed the view but the room was not worth...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jacki C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I booked a night at this inn and chose a lake view room, which is higher cost than a regular room. I let the front desk know I would be arriving later in the evening to ensure my reservation was held. I arrived at 7:30 PM, and was given a room immediately off the lobby. I asked for a different room as I could hear the bar band and restuarant from my room with all the windows shut. They told me there was no other room so I was stuck. The room was very noisy and my view of the lake was blocked by a large party tent. The room was dated looking and the bathtub did not drain properly when I used the shower. The next morning, I wanted to do a bit of sightseeing before I checked out. I asked for a later checkout than the standard 11:00 am, and was told I could check out at 11:30 am. I travel frequently for work and pleasure, and this is the first time I ever was given only a half hour extension. I came back to the hotel at 11:27 am, gathered up my belongings, and was walking out of the room at 11:33 when a hotel employee came to knock on the door and throw me out of the room. Again, I have never had that happen in any other hotels. The room was certainly not worth the price, and the service was terrible. I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Catherine G

Travellers are raving about these Canandaigua hotels

Camillis, New York
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My husband and I spent a fantastic overnight at the Inn and we loved it. We had lunch on the patio, dinner inside and drinks and snacks by the water. All of the staff was professional and very nice. We loved our room, we were on the second floor and had a gorgeous view of the lake and the canal. The room was spotlessly clean. We are looking forward to spending more time there and we are sending our daughters and their spouses there for a get away time.

Room Tip: Second floor, looking out at lake
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patricia W
Washington, DC
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I have very mixed feelings about this hotel. The setting is lovely, my group had a deck outside for our gathering and we were well taken care of. The salmon was delicious; I don't know how other meals were. I wouldn't do another reunion there if there are weddings outside as we could hardly hear each other because of the music from 2 tents.
The room was fine, large enough, free Wi-Fi, lots of TV stations and a comfortable bed. My main complaint is about the unbelievably cold air-conditioning all over the areas inside and in my room. There was just no way to raise the room temp no matter what I tried. Some of us tried sitting in the quieter bar to talk but had to leave because it was so miserably cold. Also, I asked for a later checkout time and they wouldn't accommodate me.
Canandaigua doesn't offer much in places to stay, unfortunately. And this place was over-priced!

Room Tip: Upper floor is better due to noise traveling through the lower rooms ceiling.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank JRNYWMN
Reviewed 14 July 2013

My husband and I come from buffalo and stay at the inn a few times every summer. Desiree is one of the bartenders inside and is always friendly with a great attitude and sense of humor. Even when they are busy she is always smiling and never flustered. We love staying here because the view is gorgeous and we love the staff. I highly recommend to anyone to stay here If they are in the area.

• Stayed July 2013
Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

We spent two nights here on our way to New England with a 12-year-old. The rooms were comfortable, quiet and nicely appointed. The indoor and outdoor pools were great. Best was the excellent restaurant. The three of us had a wonderful dinner and I'm sure we will make a return trip.

• Stayed June 2013
Rochester
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This was the 3rd consecutive year that we have spent at the Inn. We always get a lakefront room, and are never disappointed. The staff is friendly and efficient, the rooms are sparkling clean, and the hotel is located conveniently to other restaurants and attractions. We will definitely return next year.

Room Tip: For a spectacular view, get a lakefront room.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canandaigua
Holiday Inn Express Canandaigua - Finger Lakes
Woodcliff Hotel and Spa
Woodcliff Hotel and Spa
#1 of 2 in Fairport
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Canandaigua

Been to The Inn on the Lake? Share your experiences!