“Best in Cape Vincent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Syracuse, New York
“Best in Cape Vincent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Small and sometimes overwhelmed by their popularity, Breakers continues to be the best restaurant in Cape Vincent. The dinner menu varies and the specials are to be enjoyed. We have never been disappointed in our half dozen visits there this summer. Save room for the home made desserts. I especially like the meatloaf and salads are especially nice also (and no, I don't work there).

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Lawrence K

“Pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

Larger than the outside appearance indicated, my husband & I had such a delicious lunch we went back for dinner as well. My lunch was one of the best grilled chicken sandwiches I've eaten. It had pesto & sun dried tomatoes. Succulent chicken, every bite was loaded with flavor. My husband had the cranberry salad with chicken. Large, fresh, beautiful & tasty. Service was attentive. The place is clean and the bathroom was exceptionally well done. Dinner- my husband enjoyed the meatloaf. My prime rib had seasoning I could have done without, but let me say I do not like salt and I do not use black pepper. Mine was cooked exactly as I requested. Small portion of veggies though- almost like a garnish and not a side dish. Perhaps that is how it's done in this region. Obviously we would go back.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Wendersender
Ithaca, New York
“Questionable Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

I will admit that we brought a large group for lunch (11), but the restaurant wasn't all that busy and I felt (coming from a restaurant background) that they should have been able to handle us and the others. The Salads we had were good and fresh, but the service really took away from the experience. I also didn't like how loud the bar staff was during our lunch.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jessica O
Kingston, Canada
“An interesting twist”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

I ate here repeatedly and always enjoyed the food but the service lacked . Good twists on favorites , I will admit I only made it in for lunch . The dinner menu was always changing and seemed interesting but service at lunch did not make me return for dinner .

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank M M
South Burlington, Vermont
“Great food and waitstaff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

We were on vacation and stopped here for lunch and enjoyed it so much we came back for dinner. The decor is fun and bright. Both times we were greeted with a smile and made to feel at home. The food is excellent, great variety of salads, steak perfectly cooked as was the fish. Save room for desert or do what we did, and get it to go (carrot cake and chocolate cake, yum!) Wish we didn't live 5 hours away!

Visited August 2013