“A complete nightmare! Stay away!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cape Vincent
Angel Rock Cottages
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

What a DUMP. This is a trailer park with the dirtiest "cottage" I have ever seen for rent. The floors had not been cleaned, the linens were never changed on the beds - food, hair, stains in the blankets and sheets...our "campfire" was the rim of a truck tire. I am NOT kidding. The cottages (trailers) were so close you could hear whole conversations next door. Our view of the water was full of weeds, and the boat launch was tilted sideways. We complained and at first she offered to give 1/2 our money back, but then when my family insisted a full refund, her reply was, "okay I'll give you your money back but you you need to get out NOW". I've never been so happy to not vacation somewhere a day in my life.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Bellyupbuffalo
Carol T, Owner at Angel Rock Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

We are sorry that your stay was less than perfect. We would like to let you know that Green Cedars Cottages is now under new management for 2014. All operations and reservations are now being handled by Angel Rock Waterfront Cottages & Vacation Homes, right next door. There are many improvements to come and we hope that you are willing to give us another chance in the future.

There are newer reviews for Angel Rock Cottages

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Just got back from a long weekend in cottage #5. I must say I was very impressed. The owners are very kind and helpful! It's obvious they take pride and put alot of heart into Green Cedars. The grounds were kept very well, always saw the handyman walking around doing something. The cottage was clean and comfortable and had a nice "home" feeling to it. Three decent size bedrooms, living room/kitchen/dining area, and nice size bathroom, deck that overlooked the water which was a beautiful view. Fishing off boat docks, boats to rent. Provided all bedding and linens, dish towels, dish soap, hand soap, didn't have to bring anything but food and drinks! Fire pit at every cottage which made for a nice relaxing evening. Everyone in the area was very nice and friendly. Close to town and stores. Wifi and cable tv, gas stove and anything else you would need for cooking, as well as a microwave and coffee maker. Cottage even has a/c that blasted VERY cold air! I cannot say enough about the hospitality. This place is a true gem. Will definitely be staying there again next year!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We stayed at Green Cedar Cottages in May’13. We had booked cottage #3. This is a wonderful cottage facing the river. The cottage has 3 bedrooms and has a fully operational kitchen. It has a wonderful deck facing the river with stunning views of the Thousand Islands. One can use the barbeque which is installed on the deck. The bathroom is fantastic as well. All in all, a must go place if you are visiting the Thousand Islands. My daughter very much enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Just got back from a week in cottage #6. I must say I was very impressed. The owners are very kind and helpful! It's obvious they take pride and put alot of heart into green cedars. The grounds had beautiful gardens and lovely willow trees. The cottage was clean and comfortable and had a nice "home" vibe. Nice and calm surroundings. Close to town and stores. Wifi and cable tv, gas stove and anything else you would need for cooking. Loved the added bonus of a blender and an old school waffle maker :) It was a great place for our little one (2 years old) didn't have to worry about him falling into the river. Had many relaxing nights fishing off the docks. Beautiful sunsets right on the St Lawrence. I cannot say enough about the hospitality. This place is a true gem. We will be booking again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012
5  Thank Devinight427
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Before booking I specifically asked if they provided wifi. I was told and their site said they did. However upon arrival I tried to use it and was unable to. I called the on grounds help to get help connecting. This person made a token effort to establish a connection, told me it worked last year and left - no wifi for the week!
The stove is a gas stove that has its pilot light lit constantly which keeps the temp in the cabin hot all the time but worst of all during the day cause theres no way to block out the afternoon sun (no shades). I can't imagine how ANYONE could stay here in the middle of summer.
But the real fun was at night. The place is infested with some kind of flying bugs that are drawn to light. Both the front and back doors DID NOT close all the way leaving a way for the bugs to enter the cabin. So basically you can't have the lights on at night without inviting tons of these creatures into the cabin.
There are many other places to stay at in this area I suggest you do just that.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mistyjeet

Reviewed 16 August 2010

This was my third stay at Green Cedars and next summer will be my 4th. The cottages are great, clean with everything you need and located overlooking the river. They are not right on top of each other (as some other places are) and all have a great view of the river from their decks. The owners are great to work with and I have never had any problems. I highly recommend Green Cedars!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Edsul
Reviewed 2 August 2010

My brother, our friend, and I have been riding our motorcycles( over 500 miles) to Green Cedars for 7 years now. The cabins are rustic but very clean inside. Everything is supplied (except food and drink) for a nice stay. Although there is no air-conditioning, we've found that being on the river cools things down. Also, the river is one of the cleanest in the country with warm waters for swimming.
Greg and Ann are great hosts with problems (if any) are solved immediately. In fact, this trip I discovered, about 20 miles from Green Cedars, on our way home, that I left my wallet. My brother and friend continued on home while I went back. Ann, Greg, and the cleaning staff spent a half hour helping me search( as it turned out, the wallet was found at the local restaurant several days later).
Knowing that I couldn't meet the others in Boonville without gas, Ann was gracious enough to loan me $30 and mail the wallet back to me!
We're looking forward to our trip next year!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
#1 of 14 in Alexandria Bay
Clipper Inn
Clipper Inn
#3 of 7 in Clayton

Been to Angel Rock Cottages? Share your experiences!