“Better Than Others in the Chain”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #14 of 60 Restaurants in Carle Place
Cuisines: American
“Better Than Others in the Chain”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

My gripe against Red Lobster over the years is that the food never lived up to the advertising, But since my wife loves seafood, we decided to try Lobsterfest at this outlet. This one was better than others we have tried on Long Island. The waitress was friendly, helpful and competent. Drinks were well mixed and the biscuits were as good s advertised, though they should have been served with pats of butter instead of a melted cup. We both had the shrimp/lobster tail combo. Shrimps were fresh, plentiful and tasty, but the lobster tails were a bit spare. Altogether, not a bad evening out on the spur of the moment.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank travelmpq

New City, New York
“Maybe next time.”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Last time we ate it was better, this time it was lacking. Even though our server was friendly, her timing of the drinks was not fast enough as we waited and waited. Then she arrived with the bread and the drinks. During the meal she did not come around asking if everything was all right. Had to wait and wait for refills. Had the Bar Harbor Salad and the blueberry vinaigrette dressing was tasty, but the salad appearance was not a "wow". Maybe next time IWW will have a better experience .

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Mikecarstop
Roosevelt, New York
“Awesome”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I love seafood. Red lobster food all good. If you like shrimp the shrimp trio is awesome. You eat shrimp three different ways in one order. The portions are large. Enough to take home.the price is not bad at all. Staff are very nice.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Evelyn G
Long Island
“I like it”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I know people have bad thoughts of Red Lobster, but ya know, I like it. It's clean, the staff is nice and the food is good. Haven't had a bad experience ever!

Visited April 2013
Levittown, New York
“Never going back!!!”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Called to find out if we could book ahead for 12 people and was told no, only for parties 8 or less which made no sense to me. Anyway we decided to go for early dinner in the hopes that we won’t have to wait too long. Upon arrival we were told about 40 minutes, which turned out to be 1 ½ hours, probably more, if we didn’t ask what’s going on, since it was not a busy time and guests were coming in and being seated right away or wait for no more than 5 minutes. It turned out that there was only one table that was considered for our party, even though the staff could have easily put together two tables to accommodate our party, but I guess that was too much for them to do.

The staff we came in contact with clearly lack training how to provide customer service or just don’t care a damn. I had the opportunity to observe some of them as we waited for our table and was in awe of the lack of care for guests as the hostess told some that the wait time is 30 minutes, others that it is over an hour, and then others right behind with the same amount of guests an hour and a half. It was clear that they were making up the wait time as there were plenty of empty tables that I observed, which no one cared to clean up.

I wished we had left like some of the other guests, had I known that the entire experience would have been so awful. We waited another 10 minutes or so before the server came to our table. He apologized for the wait and assured us that he will be back in 1 minute, but didn’t deliver on his promise. He did a decent job taking the orders and getting the food out to our table; he didn’t bring more bread as he promised, nor checked in after the main course was served. The lobster dish was rubbery and the flounder was bland and visually unappetizing, looked almost raw. The table next to us was not cleaned when the guests left for over 35 minutes, no wonder the front desk staff was giving guests varying wait times. It’s not fun staring at a dirty table during dinner…the floor was littered with garbage also...I tried to ignore the surroundings so that I don’t puke. We passed on dessert since I didn’t care to be there a moment longer. Overall, this location has deteriorated in all areas over the years; this is the worst dining experience I’ve had. They are never going to see a dime from me again or have the opportunity to charge me 18% gratuity for horrible service, inedible food, and dirty surrounding.

• Visited June 2013